Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

John Stossel

Avatar: 134911 Thu Feb 12 13:53:03 -0500 2009

[Fenjamellur]

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

1337xxxlolololxxx1337 Posted:

The child is clutching a couple bucks in his hand that his mom gave him to go buy candy. The wind is blowing in your direction. If the truck hits the child, you will be $2 richer!

It is not in your self interest to accept unearned material when you don’t need it in an emergency to sustain your life.

As far as my values go, child > 2$ or any other amount. Objectivists the people I’m standing up for here would not accept unearned fortune. Same goes for

me and for the same reasons because I’m Mormon.

I think you err in the value judgments you apply to Objectivists or people who seek their own rational self interest. Helping other people is often in your self interests. The values that they oppose are perhaps say if there were two children one your own and one unknown to you, granted you can only safe one to save not your own but you other. That is acting against your interests. These are not confined to hoarding money and material goods. That is for an example not the motive for my work as a writer. I simply want to accomplish at writing and that is my value, which gives me happiness. Now a book written for instant fame and monetary gain is nothing but vanity and sacrificing the integrity of your character is simply not worth it. As I can see you seem to always erect the straw man of materialism. There are other and much more important values and most if not all Objectivists and reasonably selfish people think so.

John Stossel edited this message on 02/26/2009 4:24PM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!