Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

John Stossel

Avatar: 134911 Thu Feb 12 13:53:03 -0500 2009

[Fenjamellur]

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

INERTIA:

I like the book it was a good thriller and had a wholesome philosophy behind it. But it was a bit too long. But I enjoyed the 56 pages of this speech.

As for the economic crises you can hardly point that to Ayn Rand’s system of government. As it would be government without taxation and economy based around a gold standard. As for the mindset of certain business men I think the book fountainhead expresses it in the conflict of a suck up architect and the independent modern architect Howard Roark which does not accept many jobs on principles. While the other just thinks of forwarding his career by submitting to anything.

I’m not an Objectivist but its literature expresses a good attitude to life. That working hard and employing reason is good. They label it as Rational Self interests. And call it by the name selfish without withdrawal. The point is to the speech although very sophisticated that if you do not act to your own interests then you either are doing nothing or acting AGAINST your own interests. Now it would be a gross misinterpretation to erect a straw man of the money hoarder. It is about achieving your values through work and gaining happiness through it, it does not demand that you have to be rich and successful to have done that, but most of the character become that and are both rising out of humble beginnings or from a affluent background. And the antagonists the same.

The RATIONAL in self interests is the key they greed is defined as irrational.

Anwyays, if you have questions about Ayn Rands work there is an Objectivist forum which can answer all your questions. They have proved useful to me.

http://forum.objectivismonline.net/

John Stossel edited this message on 02/26/2009 2:23PM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!