Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

KindFearless-
Leader

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Evil Trout Posted:

Some good stuff in this thread!

I came in here to post that we have decided (a couple of weeks ago actually) to finally split up most leaderboards based on clbum. We’re going to start with Speedruns.

Additionally, we are going to be using a different metric for speedrunning, something like turns used instead of time.

These changes aren’t coming this week, but they’re in the pipeline.

Cool beans, ET.

I have to admit though, the reason I at least never toss up turns as the easy solution is that (aside from number of threads) I don’t think there’s much variance between players of the same level on the same forum. Additionally, it’s almost too deterministic. If it was number of turns or actions taken, each forum’s speed run becomes “Look for min threads, kill each thread in 1-2 actions.” Or at least, it does in the environment where an average thread is not taking more than 2 actions (Most top clbum forums) or only 1 (most everything else) and that action can be spammed repeatedly. Even if it couldn’t be spammed repeatedly, the ‘idea order’ would quickly be defined for each clbum and forum, so that instead speed running is “Press ability 1,2,4,3,5, repeating”.

Either way, I think too deterministic and basically min thread based beats the current version hands down.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!