Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Possibly a C-
abbage

Avatar: 76887 Fri Oct 24 03:39:44 -0400 2008

[Leafy Green Vegeta-
bles
]

Level 35 Hacker

Herbaceous, biennial, dicotyledonous , and flowering.

I think part of the problem is in tying down a precise set of guidelines for how each clbum is supposed to RP. Before episode 2, the only clbumes were the three simplest to RP: Jerks, Attention Whores, and Whiners. Those archetypes are simple, well understood by most everybody, and if you don’t really understand them by your other internet experiences, actual gameplay gives a reasonable guidelines as to how they’re supposed to behave.

But Hackers are problematic. Hackers don’t actually generally participate in the forums they’re attacking. If you go by gameplay as a guideline, hackers have only one attack that involves actually posting to the forum, and IRL it’s not something that’s really going to get anybody upset. There’s no well understood set guidelines in popular internet culture, as far as I know, as to how hackers behave. I personally chose the clbum because I’m not a jerk, attention whore, or a whiner and I didn’t want to go for a challenge clbum, so I basically picked it as “other”. In terms of actually RPing a character, I could base it of any number of antisocial computer science folks I know, but would that actually be apparent to anybody that I’m behaving like a hacker?

If you want people to seriously RP in clbum, some serious thought has to be put forward to explaining to people how certain clbumes are supposed to be RPed. But in the end, is anybody going to want to moderate this? Would anybody in their right mind want to ban someone for being insufficiently emo, or trolly, or hackery if they’re otherwise a fun person to be around?

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!