Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

Some of these suggestions are in conflict, but I’m trying to think of several options as opposed to a “to do” list.

– My favorite option would simply be to allow players to choose whether they wanted to play Domination solo or in klan. Click a bumon on your profile and poof it is done. Changing your mind could cost a Brownie point and any change would take place at the start of the next round of Domination. Solo players could still be in a klan, but would not need to play Domination with the klan. (I would personally love this, since I’m really not hugely interested in working out how to manage five way ties.)

– Klan vanilla being limited to those logged in at the time of the raid. One of the biggest problems dealing with vanilla is simply so many bodies having it. (The 24 hour thing really isn’t going to make a hell of a difference with some of the mbumive klans.)

– Reduce the vanilla awarded for klan pwnage. The way vanilla is awarded is nuts. I don’t see scaling being a big help, since 30ish people were able to produce 170+ and 350+ scoops. If scaling is used, what is going to stop those same players from splintering off into a 15 to 30 person klan in order to ensure a glut of vanilla?

– The new klan pages are awesome, maybe add a link to each forum name to make things a bit more manageable for klans trying to pull it off without someone playing director.

– Add a current forums pwned counter to the end of the klan identifier when displaying who pwned the forum most recently. So if I pwned Denture Chat and was the only Sister controlling a forum when players looked at the forums list (both the dedicated klan domination page and while scanning the regular forums) they could see “currently pwned by scullyangel of Sister of the Quivering Rose (1).” The (1) would represent total forums controlled by that klan. Now another Sister pwns DeviousArtists. Both our numbers would change to (2). This would be a great dual edged sword. This might make klan domination easier, but it would also make it far easier to disrupt a raid. Any random player checking out forums could notice a (12) and decide to try to sabotage the raid!

– More Domination cards. God I love Domination cards. More heavy damage Domination cards.

***“Catastrophe – Remove 10% of the scoops from every player.”

***“What Plans? – Destroy 2 random Domination Cards from the player of your choice.”

***“Commit Suicide – Using this card will destroy all of your scoops plus 2 of your Domination cards at random (you must be able to pay the cost.) Chose 5 other players, randomly destroy half the number of scoops you sacrificed from each of the selected players.”

***“Switcharoo part Deux – By playing this card, you can swap all of the scoops in two of your chosen opponents flavas.”

***“Chaos Rules – randomly destroy or award 3 scoops to every player. (The random function would be be a coin flip for each player either giving them scoops and taking scoops.)

Have I mentioned that I love Dom cards?

***“Risky Rewards – gain 3 random scoops. 3 random players also receive 3 random scoops.”

***“Are you crazy? – gain 1 scoop of each color. 10 opponents will randomly be awarded with either The Shotgun or The Destroyer.”

***“Show me the money! – Destroy all your scoops and Domination cards. Gain 20 flezz for each scoop or card destroyed.”

EDIT: Btw, I’m aware that this isn’t a Dom card thread, I just think Dom cards are a viable solution to scoop control. Honestly, as players continue grinding forums and earning excess flezz, antifreeze is going to be a bigger problem than vanilla. Ceiling caps on scoops would be a temporary fix. After all how does it fix the problem if everyone is maxed out? When everyone is maxed it’s going to come down to Dom cards, so why not put the power there in the first place. I like the idea of a level 4 player accidentally earning scoops, getting a card, and being able to wipe 10% of the scoops from the board.

scully edited this message on 03/18/2008 1:11AM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!