Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Xylon

Avatar: 76994 2010-01-16 02:54:34 -0500

[Kappa Kappa Kappa]

Level 35 Hacker

Posting personal information is fun. Everyone should try it at least once.

I am a pretty jaded individual. I am not offended but anything I see here. I do recognize however that some images are pretty obscene though. Goatse, Tubgirl, and the old alt.tasteless pics are not so much offensive as they are indecent. Shock is subjective, but I think we can all agree to some reasonable degree that not everyone is as jaded as those of us who have been around since the BBS days.

Some images, are shown with the intent of shock value. Sadaam Goatse might not have offended Nicco, I found it hilarious myself, but imagine a 16 year old kid who has never seen it stumbling on that page before you say that it isn’t shock. I know that there are plenty of kids who have seen Goatse but it doesnt change the fact that there are those who havent. I am p. sure that most mods are not offended by shock so much as they are enforcing rules.

I also agree that the rules defining shock should be more in depth, with examples. There should be a set of CZ approved guidelines for what is considered appropriate delivery of shock and what is considered just plain wrong. This is a complex issue that is not going to be resolved quickly.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!