Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

SimplyTHEBEST

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

Acid Flux Posted:

Here’s where I disagree. Unless the email account was intentionally set up as a public use account for anyone to access, then HoG was ‘pretending’ to be Tubs in order to access the email account.

Mailinator was intentionally set-up to provide public-use accounts that anyone can access. Go to mailinator, type in the account name, and you can view all the mail that account has received in the past 60 minutes.

Acid Flux Posted:

Now, if this particular email service really was designed so that it had virtually no security…

Drop the “virtually”.

Acid Flux Posted:

then… frak, why the hell would you ever use the damn thing?

It’s mostly to provide disposable email addresses to use for signing up for sites that you don’t want to have an ACTUAL email address

Acid Flux Posted:

Strike #2 was when HoG decide to ‘go for the lulz’ instead of simply reporting the security hole he found to ET & CZ.

Yet going for the lulz resulted in ET and CZ finding out about the problem, and didn’t cause them any more grief than if he HAD just TMed ET. There’s precedent set for that being acceptable; the Haxploitation ePeen has been granted to people who ****ed **** up for the lulz, and HoG himself was granted a unique ePeen for ruining the hell out of IDC

Now, more importantly, I’m curious if Tubs is demodded and banned. After such a boneheaded screwup on his part, the smart thing to do is to take away his abilities and his access until you’ve got things sorted out and figured out if he’s going to be a security risk (And also checked to make sure that he’s not doing anything else that’s blindingly stupid, like setting his pbumword to “111111” or saving his pbumword on a public computer.)

Edit: Balls. My browser was caching pages, so I didn’t see it was resolved. Go me!

SimplyTHEBEST edited this message on 02/01/2009 11:29AM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!