Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

PurpleOrange-

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

Edit: Well that bleedin figures. I go post my opinion and it’s already moot. F you, universe. You too, karma. And probably myself, too, since I’m probably to blame for it, too.

So yes, rejoice and all that. Call me if anyone brings cake to the party. I’ll gladly put on a skimpy outfit and hide inside it.

Ok, I’ve read much discussion about this and now that I finally know exactly what this is about I can form an opinion on it.

From my point of view, Handofg0d did well. Nothing was wrong in his behaviour. I would say I’d have done it differently, but if it would be better, that’s debatable. Point is that this was a MAJOR security hole, one that needed to be patched up IMMEDIATELY. Bug reports, mails, all that jazz, it would all easily be lost in the ****storm of other stuff that rolls in every day. Sure, it would have been found and treated, no doubt, but when? That was the question. This was the only way to get immediate attention and an immediate fix.

Seeing how everyone keeps making comparisons to real world stuff, I’d say this incident is similar to someone leaving a note in a vault filled with gold that they had a huge gaping bubble-shaped hole in their east wall, even being kind enough to leave his name and address, only to find a party van ramming into his house to arrest and molest him as thanks.

Quite frankly, this was a ****-up on the mods’ side. No, I don’t think tubs should be demoted or banned. It was a mistake. People make them. But h0g should not be banned. Not permanently, not temporarily. He should be thanked for finding such a gigantic security hole. Unban him, give him a unique ‘M/God for a day’ peen, thank him, have a cup of tea, rejoice, profit.

Just my two Flezz.

PurpleOrange89 edited this message on 02/01/2009 1:30AM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!