Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Role Playing
Switch to Civil Discussion Role-Playing

Viewing a Post

Starfang_42

[Random Insanity]

Level 30 Troll

The **** of the Trollhole

Amp Zaphrix Posted:

You seem to have taken my argument the wrong way. I am fully aware of the solid existence of the universe, but reality as defined by the individual is an illusion. Nothing is real unless we have perceived it in some way, am I correct? If I am, then I must say that our perceptions are limited to our senses, which have their own limits imposed upon them. Now, add to that the fact that we as Human minds must alter our own limited perceptions, pieces of the Truth(note the capital T) in order to comprehend them, and garner a sense of reality.

Ah. Late night and such, brain’s not working at full efficiency. Which may explain why I’m not seeing the conclusion in your last post. Whether or not something exists if it is not perceived in some way is debatable, as it is inherently untestable. However, some information on things must exist even when they are not perceived, otherwise continuity and causality (whether real or illusionary) would be impossible. Take, for example, a baseball. Our main perception of it is sight, so if we close our eyes, ideally we would stop perceiving it. Yet it would continue on course until we either chose to perceive it again or it forced itself into another area of of perception (such as hitting us). But I do suppose we, as humans, can define our own reality and indeed do from observation or lack of it. It is by watching our definition and its contradictions that we come closer to the Truth. Static portions of the Truth or those which follow recognizable behaviors can then be cataloged and studied in detail by several people,

Right now, I need sleep. I’ve got a lot to do tomorrow, and several nights of staying up until 3 in the morning have left me mentally bankrupt. I’ll be back on sometime tomorrow if you want to continue the discussion.

My ego is trumped only by how ****ing awesome I am.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!