Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Deathclaw

Level 8 Troll

“Jerk Chicken”

Philanthropist Posted:

To be honest with you, I did think about making the post before I clicked “post”.

One, because of my first comment, which sounded vitriolic, but wasn’t, and two, because you’re right, I have no idea how much you get from ad revenue.

Out of interest, would 1 click, per active player, per day, cover many of the costs?

A simple: “Click the ad, get 1 extra forum visit” per day, would help. It would spur the people who don’t donate to contribute in the little way they can.

Some people can’t donate, some people don’t donate. But if you had one person donate $10 in 3 months, or one person clicking an advert once a day for 3 months, even though I don’t know your accounts, I’d bet my girlfriend on the fact you would make more.

The added plus point being: More ad clicks = More you can reap from advertising deals.

Let me know if I’m way off the mark.

Edited to add: Just noticed your point about donating to remove ads.

Rather than an extra forum visit, why not one click = remove ads for the day? You still gain 1 click per user per day, and the people with spare notes, can donate.

Two flaws to this post:

1. You once again fail to get the point he’s making. I would gladly pay for Ep2. And this forum visit thing has been gone over before. And that one click to remove ads is also very special, the companies would not want him to do that. If you really have such a ****fit about ads, somehow manage to reach your hand to your wallet (THIS IS THE HARD PART), take out that plastic card, and type in the number for some brownie points. Personally, I like the ads and make an attempt to once in a while click on one that seems relevant to my interests. If it wasn’t for ads, I would have never found this site.

2. You don’t have a girlfriend, gtfo.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!