Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

April Fool

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

First of all, it’s a little to early to be calling Vanillas broken. I mean, we have yet to win a single medal since we started running raids. I say let a couple weeks go by. See how people respond to the threat. See what happens when other Klans start raiding. Then see if we actually end up taking all the medals on a consistent basis.

That said, I see no reason to justify saying that solo players should be able to compete against Klans. Even without Vanilla raids, it wouldn’t be very hard for Klan members to work together to prevent others from winning. It’s simply the nature of the beast. An analogy I’d like to bring up is WoW. For any of you who have played it, let me bring your attention to Battlegrounds. If you’ve done a fair number of Battlegrounds, you’d know that going into them by yourself will earn you a loss if the team you’re facing is comprised of one Guild’s members(and they’re not re-res). And why shouldn’t that be the case? As was said earlier, min scoops may turn out to be the great equalizer. It’s worth as much as the other categories combined and it’s not too hard to get, even by yourself, if you know what you’re doing.

As to whether Vanilla needs readjustment, let me say this. Based on the yields of our raids so far, it hasn’t been the case that we’ve earned a significantly greater number of Vanillas than a single person can earn of Lemons and Pistachios if they have some degree of skill, good equipment, and a little luck. The sacrifices we’ve had to make to do raids have so far nearly wiped out the gains. I’d also like to remind you of a little thing called the bumhole Card. With Domination groups as large as they are, it is trivially easy for people to cut deeply into our scoops, especially *GASP* if people work together. Let me be clear that I’m not saying this as an absolute. As we go forward and our tactics deepen, it may become the case that Vanillas give an absurd advantage to Klans and will warrant a reevaluation, but we are not at that point now.

To answer the question of whether non-raiders ought to get scoops, that’s a tricky subject. I don’t want to get into our tactics(HINT HINT), but as has already been said, some people who don’t contribute to forum pwning are actually helping the raid. From a mechanics standpoint, how can the game differentiate? One option would be to implement a raid system à la your standard MMO. But as I’ve already said, it’s too early to be considering such things. Let’s see how this plays out first.

April Fool edited this message on 03/11/2008 12:06PM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!