Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

BirdReynods

Avatar: 41906 Mon Dec 08 21:36:48 -0500 2008

Level 35 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

Hmm I just thought of a possible explanation, and would like some input.

Just stating what we know first, and then making my deduction so you (hopefully) can follow my train of thoughts:

Log in to see images! pink floyd was added to HoFF long after the rest of HoFF’s drops

So, I bumume that since every thread drops 1 moar file, the Luck factor must have something to do with which file drops. I dare also bumume that each thread does not check which files you need and calculate the drop from that, simply because that would go against alot of the stats posted in this thread.

Gathered from above, my guess would then be that each full file has a certain drop rate altered by a certain amount of Luck. If that’s the case, then when .moar files are added to a forum it must be implemented with a “chance table”, which could basicly be an ordered list of the files that drop, and the more luck you have, the bigger the chances to get something from further down the list.

Take for example this made-up priority list from HoFF:

Hall of Faded Fame moar files

1. The Genius - Music for the Discarded Descendants.noiz
2. WildVid-Girlscrewshobofor100dollars.divy
3. Jalapeno's Bootyhole.leer
4. Riprogrammatori.1995.iTALiANo.cam.DiVERTi.LZ.YViD-iMC.divy
5. pink floyd - darkside full album (ttly syncs w/ wzrd of oz at 2:43 awesome!!!).hear

If Luck helps you get further down the list, then what if ET added pink floyd to the TOP of the list instead at the bottom? That would cause high luck to increase the chances of “moving past” it when pseudo-randomly getting a .moar file.

Any thoughts welcome! Log in to see images!

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!