Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

BINGEBOT 2015

Avatar: 38 2010-12-05 22:39:25 -0500

Level 12 Troll

I AM A GIANT FART FACE

SimplyTHEBEST Posted:

Black box for updates that significantly affect gameplay, since people who just play the game won’t visit the blog, twitter, or flamebate.

Blog for general announcements and ‘behind the scenes’ stuff, or anything that requires more than one or two lines to describe.

Twitter for minor changes, status updates, and other quick blurbs.

Flamebate for things that require user feedback, like this thread.

That’s basically the way things are now, it just needs to be codified as procedure.

The reasons for this is simple:

The black box is invasive, annoying, and as near as I can tell impossible to hide or remove. That makes it perfect for it’s job, as it should only be used for short messages that people NEED to see. It’s the “You are going to ****ing pay attention to me” way of telling players things.

The blog is like a dumptruck; you can load so much **** into it that it just feels wrong to post in it for tiny chucks of text. Also, smaller messages clutter things up while pushing the larger posts off the page.

Twitter is ideal for having lots of short messages, so anything that doesn’t warrant a flood of text (Hi!) can be easily handled there.

Flamebate lets users respond without having to make/login-to a different account on a different service; if they play forumwarz, they can just go into the thread and contribute. That makes it perfect for getting feedback from the community (Moreso for ideas and suggestions than sample data – threads skew early and often if you’re trying to get facts out of them)

I couldn’t have said it better myself. I just wasn’t sure if this opinion was shared with the mbumes Log in to see images!

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!