Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Ricket

Avatar: 4300 2011-11-01 00:56:47 -0400

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Troll

Good poster, upvoted. Also loves juicy balls (no homo).

****uck NOrris Posted:

5 alts are easy to get – even a kid could pay $12.

Just a note here, but to be bleeding edge competitive at dom, you’ll need to buy Episode 2 as well, so we’re looking at the $25 package.

****uck NOrris Posted:

So 5 alts limit is the best choice – it gives people more chances to reach the top, if they want it.

I suppose it all depends on what you think it fair. The alts I’ve got have cost me about about $50 (+10 for Ep. 2). Considering the amount of play time I get out of this game, I’d say it’s better than a lot of console games I’ve spent far more on. I don’t think what I’ve paid is at all unreasonable, or out of reach for anyone who has enough money for a computer and internet connection, and enough spare time to really think playing Dom is a decent way to spend their time, especially if $25 is fine, but apparently, it is. Log in to see images!

scullyangel Posted:

I honestly don’t know how a limit of one character would go over. Would the knowledge that a person could not play other characters in endgame prevent them from financially supporting the site?

I don’t know, but I don’t think a lot of people buy alts specifically for dom-related purposes. Us alt whores are in the very small minority, as you go on to say further down in your post. I think a lot of people buy their first couple alts for the same clbum-testing reasons you had.

scullyangel Posted:

I don’t think the majority of alt holders spend any time “gaming the system” in Dom, do you?

I think the few that are trying to compete with raiders, certainly are. I really doubt it’d get any better if alt-cramming becomes the new optimum strategy.

scullyangel Posted:

Very simply, looking back at earlier times some people had a few alts and we just didn’t see the same problems. I didn’t see alt clumping start to happen until I jumped from having 4 characters to having 9 and then 12.

Were people really dominating it up back then on all their alts? I can’t remember anyone using alts for dom at all, other than Arktor. Not like I’d pay much attention to it back then, anyway…

scullyangel Posted:

if Spacekadt’s idea of a certain number of locked brackets happened and it was impossible to get alts in bracket together I don’t think alts would be a problem any longer.

Well, you’d still have coordinated interference to contend with, but that’s really less of a problem than anything else relating to alts in dom.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!