Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

plk

Avatar: 9972 2010-01-24 16:28:42 -0500

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

spacekadt Posted:

You realize your 37 scoop difference is applied to ALL of your alts in the raid, right? Not just the main that you put into the raid?

If you have 3 chars in the raid, you’re getting the raid scoops times 3. A solo person runs their visits on 3 chars, they get the solo scoops times 3.

Still with me?

EACH of your chars has a 37 scoop advantage. You have the same abilities to bunch alts as the solo raiders. You have exactly the same options. And 37 additional scoops PER CHAR that you raid with.

How is this blatantly unfair to people who choose to klan raid?

Or, you know, how is is any more blatantly unfair that letting people buy their medals which is what is happening today?

Yes, I understand it. But you would still be much better off soloing with a ton of alts and bunching them up than you would be klan raiding and each person in the raid getting 37 extra scoops on a couple of alts. Like I said, that difference is very easily overcome once you have many alts in the same bracket.

And no, if you klan raid, you can’t really bunch your alts in the top bracket. It works for a couple of weeks while everybody has a low medal count, but you can’t easily keep medaling the same alts that you are using in klan raids. It just does not work out that you will get anything close to the vanilla on those alts that you would if you did separate solos on them. And as I mentioned earlier, trying to manage pistachio on several alts during a raid, especially when things are going fast, is counterproductive, so you just won’t win with those alts in brackets against people who are playing their characters solo. And that is fine, but what I am pointing out is that people who raid really can’t stuff the alts they use to raid into the top few brackets.

Again, what I have a problem with is unlimited ability to solo and very limited ability to klan raid. At least now, the soloers who bunch up their alts are countered in the top bracket by klan raiding, and klan raiding is limited by solo bunching and interference. If all you want to do is make raiding just not earn that many scoops, then the proposed changes to klan raiding will do that. But without also changing what solo players can do, I don’t see how that will change the medal situation or anybody’s ability to shut people out of the top bracket.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!