Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Inertia

Avatar: 60995 Fri Apr 03 12:59:05 -0400 2009

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

also wow i have no male reproductive organ

Fran Posted:

CZ would hate hosting expensive servers all by themselves to make the game to smmothly for you without getting paid in return.

Seriously, it’s not like a pirate server from any MMO with incomplete features that crashes every 5 minutes. These things cost money, mate.

You waste more by going 1 time at Burger King, or watching one movie. It’s a 1-time fee. You’ll have fun for days after paying this next-to-nothing fee.

Yes of course I understand. Sad truth. But I think doing that betrays the essence of this game, I thought it was “meta”, a mockery of the internet. I think you will see some elitism in the future. That’s what happen to online game communities that introduce a pay version alongside a free version. (don’t get angry i’m new here)

An MMO usually start free, then they start growing hence struggling to pay for servers and introduce a P2P version. Then with the new-found funds they start expanding the game. More and more expansions require more money. So they introduce more “member benefits” to entice more people to pay, and the free version become a sort of teaser for the pay version. In terms of Forumwarz this means that subsequent episodes (if any) will also be pay-to-play. I don’t like that, guys. Yes I understand you need money to run the server, but there must be a way around it without involving players having to pay. The game kind loses a bit of it’s meta-ness.

That said I’m actually thinking of ordering Ep. 2. But I haven’t even finished Ep 1 yet. The difficulty for me is that I have to leave my basement for the post office to pay the fee cause I’m poor and don’t have a credit card. Such a chore.

tl;dr: I won’t criticise you because I accept the reality, but I grumble to myself.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!