Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

URMOMLAWL

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Formerly Christian, now agnostic. I believe there’s a fair to good chance of an intelligent designer, but unlikely to be any of the major religions. My transition was a slow one over a period of years in my late teens to early twenties. The change is based some on personal experiences, oddities in scripture, and mostly science. The latter includes evidence lacking or against a young universe, the Noah Flood, and the Tower of Babel. What moved me from an on-the-fence christian/agnostic was coming across scripture half a year ago about a man of God (Elisha?) placing a curse on children who were annoying him, where two bears sent by God killed several dozen of the children. It wasn’t the bumholish part that moved me, but the lack of rationale of a “loving” omnipotent God going along with such a thing. It doesn’t make sense. You can read this and similar scripture by googling “badbum bible verses” or at last check, simply “badbum.”

My happiness dropped after the reading and general realization, to which it eventually recovered for the most part. I’m in a transition of switching from Christian to non-Christian friends, which is hard w/out presently having enough money to go out. I read that church attendance is positively correlated with happiness, but that religion is not. I’m curious if the latter is with religious meetings isolated or not.

URMOMLAWL edited this message on 07/29/2008 2:58AM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!