Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

WetSocket

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Vuron Posted:

Honestly without knowing the impact rerolling threads was having on the server I can’t tell whether this suggestion is good or bad. It definitely seems that rerolling was contributing to site-wide performance issues but that impact was almost certainly less than the effect that INCIT was having.

If re-rolling is a bad thing and the 30 minute time period is intolerable to most players then perhaps a more frequent cycling on the totals might work such as a reroll ever 10 minutes.

Another option would be to auto-increment the thread count by 1 every 30 minutes until it hits maximum and the resets to minimum thread count so that every player would be aware of when a particular forum would be at maximum and minimum thread lengths.

This doesn’t avoid the fact I still have to dryhump the site until I get my desired effect. And if it increments then people may never be able to meet the times when it’s at the desired amount. On/Off Switch for min/max would be the best option or just static every forum like said above.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!