Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

WetSocket

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Brief Background: Recently, forum thread #s were changed to not reset on every visit, but every 30 minutes. This was done for all the Cred and Flezz whores (All 10 of them?) who were refreshing the pages several times until they received the maximum # of threads on Memebusters.

What I would like: A fix back to the original system where the # of threads was a random value between the minimum and maximum.

Why this fix is necessary: The four visits each day that the Cred and Flezz whores get each day is not going to strain the servers by having them refresh the forum every 30 seconds by going through the menus. On the other hand, this now limits the times people who are aiming for a certain thread # can play the game. I’m not an expert, but limiting the times people can play the game because for the majority of the day they are unable to due to the static thread # seems unproductive. Furthermore, this affects myself as well as I aim for minimum # of threads and I by no means am going to check the site every 30 minutes for a forum to hit minimum. To further this point, the Cred and Flezz whores are looking for only one forum to hit maximum, while I, and perhaps other speed runners, are waiting for NUMEROUS threads to be at minimums, since once you accomplish a speed run there’s no need to beat your own record until someone reclaims it.

Summary:

– Thread fix currently limits times during the day that numerous players can play — Inconvenient to speed runners and flezz runners

– Thread fix does not solve people refreshing threads since people must still check the forums, just now spread over a longer time frame until they get their desired result — Frustrated players and still no improvement.

– Visits stagnate. I have yet to be able to use my visits for nearly a week due to the times I’ve checked threads the desired result (Min/Max) was not available.

ITT: Discuss this very SRS topic. Log in to see images!

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!