Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

Goth_Jesus Posted:

Seriously, antifreeze scoops are getting to ridiculous numbers. But if you limit Antifreeze but not vanilla, it’ll just make matters worse.

That’s not the only problem. I reread my posts and maybe I come off sounding like ‘go antifreeze!’ I’m not. I’m horribly bored with Gamblebot. Blackjack is fun, but playing for 14+ hours in a week to guarantee medals, is tedious. In my current pod, Team We Love Hitler, the entire pod is bored with the antifreeze situation. Still, antifreeze is currently the only answer to klan vanilla.

Adding caps or ceilings to more flavas is a bad idea in Domination, it will only shift the problem to a different area. Lemon/pistachio already have a ceiling as they are capped by visits. If antifreeze and vanilla get a cap, then everything will come down to forumbuildr luck and I really think that is just going to encourage people to try to rig the voting more than they already are. I love that player input becomes reality weekly, and hate to think that those who are doing a genuinely wonderful job on submissions would get pushed out by those actively pushing to manipulate Domination pods. And, it most certainly would happen, it already does to a certain extent.

Plus with added caps, in pods without big forumbuildr players, it will simply come down to who got lucky with the few Dom cards they went for (caps in 4 flavas would make most Dom cards nearly useless – early bumholes and Shields would be sheer power) and whether or not lag messed up your speed runs.

I would absolutely be in favor of a cap on antifreeze if solo vanilla was balanced with klan vanilla, but I don’t see how it can be balance when a raider doesn’t actually need to use their visits to get klan vanilla. Currently 0 visits in a raiding klan can easily be converted into 100+ scoops. Players aren’t needing to sacrifice lemon/pistachio to get vanilla. (For those confused by this, realize that you can bring an alt into the klan to use it’s forum visits while your main saves all visits to be used for chaining speed runs. The alt can then further be used in Dom pods for crowd control for yourself if a weird pod happens, or for other klan members. Or it can simply grab medals itself if it’s in a lower level pod that doesn’t have other vanilla klan players.)

Changing solo vanilla to deliver more scoops and scoops for every forum grabbed over 3 could help. Making the scoops earned from what is currently solo vanilla into some other scoop – something that earning klan vanilla locks you out of receiving – would be a serious answer.

Regardless, I don’t have a real suggestion for an antifreeze solution, that’s why I’d like to wait and see if some of the powerful new Dom card possibilities shift things. If new medals open up other options.

scully edited this message on 04/21/2008 2:55PM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!