Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Role Playing
Switch to Civil Discussion Role-Playing

Viewing a Post

BirdofPrey

Avatar: 2037 Sun May 10 02:46:48 -0400 2009

[Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Troll

I lick her up afterwards (After her great times session too! Yum!)

nanafabulous personjesus Posted:

While I’m waiting for BoP to reply I’ll make a few points.

First, what prompted this and if it is genuine then why did you post it in “General Roleplaying”?

Second, you say atheists subscribe to a philosophy that renders life accidental and meaningless as the one can’t believe one and not the other. Believing life is accidental does not mean you also believe it is meaningless. Just because you don’t follow any religion does mean you think life is meaningless. What’s so bad about living this the best way you can instead of living for an afterlife that may not exist?

yeah that line was intentionally a little over the top (you see what i mean about not completely serious), i do think there’s perhaps some truth to it. Sure while you’re alive right now you can love and laugh and all that good ****, but in the long term if your consciousness simply winks out when you die as if it never was, doesn’t that by nature render it rather meaningless? When enough time pbumes there won’t even be a memory of who you were, and since there won’t be anything of you to remember it for yourself, what does it matter in the end?

also, a healthy religious lifestyle isn’t just about living for the afterlife as you said, and is mainly about what you do in this world. I can’t speak for christianity, since i’m a jew myself, but in judaism there is really very little talk of any afterlife, the great majority of it is dedicated to the here and now.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!