Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Seerow

[Elitist Superstruc-
ture
]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Yes, it would be different, but most of the complication would go on behind the scenes. For the average user, against an average forum, they would realize using faster attacks makes it more likely to get a double turn. It -sounds- really complicated, but if you’ve ever played Final Fantasy Tactics, you’ll see what I mean. The CT gauge is there for anyone to see, but most players don’t bother with it, realize how it works, or why it matters. They just know that they have a higher speed than the enemy, so they’re likely to double turn and get extra attacks. Or they know they can wait rather than attack to conserve CT and get another turn earlier.

The same basic concept would be introduced with different attack speeds.

It’d be a bit of a balancing act at first, to get everything running at a level you found acceptable, but once that was in place, you’d be able to extend it and play with it based on the median you introduce. For a starting point, I’d again, recommend trying FFT and using numbers similar to what you see there, then modify to your liking.

Or you could devise your own system of speed. The main concept is the idea that people -can- spam/flood forums pretty quick if they’re not caring what they post, so long as they post quickly. And forums CAN pwn you pretty damn quick if they have tons of members all fairly active and flaming you at once. I mean does it make sense that the Denture forum is just as active as the Headbanger forum? Not really.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!