Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

TORNBUG

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Seems really bad. The RP Forum did about 22-24/hit when I had a troll club. Now with a baby sealskin overcoat (7 more defense), they only do about 2-4 less damage a hit. I guess it adds up to a good amount of health over the course of the forum (about 100 or so), but +7 offense seems like it would save far more than 100 health, since I’d likely be pwning forums in 2-3 hits as opposed to 3-4. And that’s not even getting into the exorbitant repair costs for the item. Considering it costs well over 100 flezz to repair it after one forum, I’d probably be better off with a heterozygous tiger and just buying more smileprin XRXR.

It seems like defense being somewhat crappy has a lot to do with people’s problems with playing trolls.

Edit: Though, defense does seem really good in the furry forum, specifically due to the fact that that 3-4 damage getting knocked off reduces what you take by 50% or so. Defense just seems to get worse as the forums get more damaging, since it seems to just subtract X damage instead of modifying the damage by some percentage.

Thinking about it more, sometimes defense is better due to its arithmatic nature, since in the aforementioned forum, the equivalent offense boost would have to make you kill it twice as fast to save as much damage, which it likely won’t do.

This in and of itself is a good dynamic to the gameplay, but the current equipment just doesn’t leverage it. All the troll equipment except for the tiger is +3 offense and +X defense. As a troll, you have no choice except to excel against some forums and suck against others. I’m sure this applies to other clbumes as well. I think the game would benefit from making equipment cheaper and with a more diverse selection.
TORNBUG edited this message on 11/10/2007 3:13PM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!