Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Poll Has anyone here read a book recently?

Heat Seeking-
Moisture Mi-
ssile

Avatar: Heat Seeking Moisture Missile's Avatar

Level 10 Troll

AKA Throbbing Thrill Hammer, Rod of God, and male reproductive organ

markchd Posted:

Terry Pratchett. Anything is good, really. I particularly enjoyed Going Postal and his collaboration with Neil Gaiman in Good Omens.

Though this has been said several times already, seriously, it’s so true.

Gaiman and Pratchet are two of the most original and clever writers on the planet right now.

Together, they are sheer genius. Anything either of them have written, is worth reading.

Nocturnal_He-
artache

[SRSLY]

Level 61 Emo Kid

“Final Cut Pro”

I’m rereading Lolita and One Hundred Years of Solitude.

I’m going to start The Kite Runner soon.

PhineasPoe

Avatar: 12179 2010-01-24 16:27:57 -0500

[70 Character Story-
tellers
]

Level 35 Troll

You got a smudge there Phin... oh wait thats Trouts feces

was Posted:

Are you talking about the one with Bill Murray?

Please don’t mention that. It’s bad enough I get reminded of it every time I look at my DVDs. Though it did help slightly help me get out of the phase when I consumed everything Hunter Thompson related.

I just finished Catch 22 (and also the terrible movie) and now I’m reading Ubik by Phillip K. male reproductive organ.

twas

Avatar: 40896 2011-11-01 00:47:59 -0400

[fine upstanding member of society]

Level 35 Troll

Wher Have My Poor Imaginary Wife and Child Gone

Has anyone heard of Tim Burton’s “The Melancholy Death of Oyster Boy & Other Stories”, and should I have posted that with my Emo alt?

Also, go read The House of Leaves. I don’t know how to explain it other than the format of the book changes to reflect the narrative. As the three story lines play out, the layout of the book is used in the same way as a film score.

twas edited this message on 07/22/2008 5:57AM

meeeeeeeeee

Avatar: 15443 2010-04-04 18:27:25 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Sneakily vicious and filled with virtuous pit bulls.

Peter F Hamilton, Dreaming Void. Writes space opera, basically brain candy, lots of fun. I’d recommend his last series, starting with Pandoras Star. I’ve got Iain Banks latest (Matter) on my shelf, but I’ve been catching up on some other stuff first.

* oh, and speaking of Philip K male reproductive organ, I recently reread The Man in the High Castle

meeeeeeeeee edited this message on 07/22/2008 5:49AM

I AM The SKA-
BOSS

Avatar: 42627 Wed Oct 15 19:08:31 -0400 2008

[70 Character Story-
tellers
]

Level 28 Troll

“Gaping Asshole”

I’m currently reading The Seven Daughters of Eve by Bryan Sykes. It’s about genetics and evolution, pretty much using ancient DNA to track down common ancestors. The seven “daughters” represent the earliest being with one of the mitochondrial haplogroups of Europe, descended from the “Mitochondrial Eve” (the world’s most recent common ancestor)

I’ve found it interesting so far, but that’s probably because I’m a bit of a geek and genetics interest me. :/

After that, it’s The Ancestors Tale by Richard Dawkins.

I AM The SKA BOSS edited this message on 07/25/2008 3:27PM

Lord Shplane

Avatar: 49819 Fri Dec 05 01:45:00 -0500 2008

[Forumwarz Speakeasy]

Level 69 Troll

:)

Most recent thing I’ve read was the Song of Fire & Ice series.

Fiasco

Avatar: 46971 Thu Oct 16 00:30:33 -0400 2008

[Flogging a Dead Ho-
rse
]

Level 69 Permanoob

“Permanoob”

In honour of his pbuming in April, I have just re-read every pre-Timequake Kurt Vonnegut novel except Slaughterhouse 5 which I must have lent to somebody. I think Cat’s Cradle holds up the best but they are all worth reading.

Oh whoops, I meant aHkH ThhbBt re re ca’Nt reeed.

Aldo_Anything

Avatar: 32555 2014-07-18 11:39:53 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

male reproductive organMEISTER

Island by Aldous Huxley.

Quite different than Brave New World, much more optimistic with spiritualising prophecies.

twas

Avatar: 40896 2011-11-01 00:47:59 -0400

[fine upstanding member of society]

Level 35 Troll

Wher Have My Poor Imaginary Wife and Child Gone

twas Posted:

Books?

I am somewhat currently reading:

Frank Herbert – God Emperor of Dune

Aldous Huxley – Brave New World

Agatha Christie – Murder on the Orient Express

Lionel Shriver – We Need to Talk About Kevin

Antonio Lobo Antunes – Knowledge of Hell

J.G. Ballard – Crash

I have no memory of Knowledge of Hell, didn’t care for We Need to Talk about Kevin or Brave New World, loved Murder on the Orient Express,and thought Crash was okay.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!