Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Role Playing
Switch to Civil Discussion Role-Playing
Poetry Blood and great times

Lucinda Sher-
wood

[Team Shortbus]

Level 16 Hacker

Jack Chick's Biggest Fan

Dear Mr. Correnth,

I underestimated you, and I’m very sorry about that. I based my opinion of you upon your poetry, without looking at your prose. Your poetry led me to believe that you were one of those poor unfortunates who call themselves “writers” because they’ve filled up scads of notebooks with their sad, pathetic ramblings.

Even if you are a beatnik, you are one who has had at least a little schooling in logic. Your response was an excellent example of “proof by verbosity,” or simple obfuscation. You wrote much and wrote well, but your reply lacked any direct response to the thesis.

You began our little debate by contesting the existence of God. I took up that challenge with the counterpoint statement that I believe I am here to do God’s will, and spread the light of Christ upon this forum. Your response to me consisted of:

1. A personal attack aimed at my intelligence;

2. A reference to past misdeeds by Catholic priests; and,

3. A very sad attempt to boast of your own prowess at logical argument.

None of these points bears any relevance to the question at hand, that of God’s existence and His purpose in all our lives. When you are ready — and have the intellectual stamina — to conduct a proper debate, I shall be waiting.

With all Christian love,

Mrs. Lucinda Sherwood

May the Lord bless you and keep you.

Correnth

Level 59 Emo Kid

“Final Cut Pro”

Lucinda Sherwood Posted:

None of these points bears any relevance to the question at hand, that of God’s existence and His purpose in all our lives. When you are ready — and have the intellectual stamina — to conduct a proper debate, I shall be waiting.

And believe me, Mrs. Sherwood, when I reiterate that I would truly love debating with you in some fashion or form if it were only possible in the first place. You see, you seem to have been misreading my prior statements – Perhaps, as you said, my “obscurity via verbosity” was *too* well written for a simple-minded dolt such as yourself to understand. With that in mind, I will begin the simple explanation:

You’re stupid. I’m smart. Go away.

You claim to wish for a “debate” regarding your illogical insistence on an antiquated and miserable deity vs. my rational standpoint of fact, truth, and science, but then proceed to claim that I have yet to address your original query. Well, Mrs. Sherwood, I would say that the burden of proof now lies on you – Whereas I have facts and evidence to back up my claims at your so-called “god” not existing, you have yet to offer anything explaining exactly why you carry around this half-baked notion that an intangible whisp of air is watching your every move. You claim that I began this “debate” by denying the existence of your deity, and that much is true – However, to claim that I was the first to break the convention of discussion on the topic is nothing but fallacy. Your “rebumal” to my initial statement included nothing anywhere near the lines of a logical reasoning for your ridiculous notion that some great space ghost aided in the origin of the human race. So by all means, feel free to begin this little masquerade – I await your “proof” of god with baited breath.

mary misanth-
rope

Level 35 Emo Kid

Second Best mammary glands on Forumwarz

Correnth Posted:

And believe me, Mrs. Sherwood, when I reiterate that I would truly love debating with you in some fashion or form if it were only possible in the first place. You see, you seem to have been misreading my prior statements – Perhaps, as you said, my “obscurity via verbosity” was *too* well written for a simple-minded dolt such as yourself to understand. With that in mind, I will begin the simple explanation:

You’re stupid. I’m smart. Go away.

You claim to wish for a “debate” regarding your illogical insistence on an antiquated and miserable deity vs. my rational standpoint of fact, truth, and science, but then proceed to claim that I have yet to address your original query. Well, Mrs. Sherwood, I would say that the burden of proof now lies on you – Whereas I have facts and evidence to back up my claims at your so-called “god” not existing, you have yet to offer anything explaining exactly why you carry around this half-baked notion that an intangible whisp of air is watching your every move. You claim that I began this “debate” by denying the existence of your deity, and that much is true – However, to claim that I was the first to break the convention of discussion on the topic is nothing but fallacy. Your “rebumal” to my initial statement included nothing anywhere near the lines of a logical reasoning for your ridiculous notion that some great space ghost aided in the origin of the human race. So by all means, feel free to begin this little masquerade – I await your “proof” of god with baited breath.

How can you prove that there isn’t a God, or multiple Gods, or some other kind of balancing/governing force in the universe?

Even though scientific evidence can disprove some of the major beliefs in world religions, the fact remainds that billions of people in the world all seem to agree that there is a higher power, of some sort. With so many people agreeing that something is out there, how can you really be so sure that there’s nothing?

I don’t really know. But I do feel like without some sort of governing force, there would be no point to human existence. The world is such a terrible place, and to think that there is no point or meaning is terribly depressing.

On the other hand, if ordinary working people were not counting on their suffering to earn them a reward after death, perhaps they would fight harder against the economic and government systems of oppression that prioritize the interests of the wealthy and influential elite…

In any case, I still think that Ms. Sherwood owned you, because you resulted to “You’re stupid. I’m smart. Go away.” as an argument.

Suck my left one.

pixiekidd

Level 17 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

the world isn’t a terrible place. cheer up mary! Log in to see images!

maybe you just need friends who understand you. i bet you’re surrounded by stupid people and that’s why you are sad.

I'M A SIG-DISABLING COCKMONGLER

Lucinda Sher-
wood

[Team Shortbus]

Level 16 Hacker

Jack Chick's Biggest Fan

Correnth Posted:

Whereas I have facts and evidence to back up my claims at your so-called “god” not existing

Dear Mr. Correnth,

Present them.

With all Christian love,

Mrs. Lucinda Sherwood

mary misanth-
rope

Level 35 Emo Kid

Second Best mammary glands on Forumwarz

pixiekidd Posted:

the world isn’t a terrible place. cheer up mary! Log in to see images!

maybe you just need friends who understand you. i bet you’re surrounded by stupid people and that’s why you are sad.

But the world is a terrible place. Right now, somewhere in the world, women are being raped. People are being tortured. Children are being abused. The people of China and Myanmar ask why nobody is there to help in the aftermath of horrible natural disasters — their governments don’t seem to be terribly concerned or accountable. People are suffering, starving, wondering how life could be so cruel. At this very second. And I’m just scratching the surface.

Suck my left one.

pixiekidd

Level 17 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

but right now people are also falling in love, flowers are blooming, babies are being born, music is being made, the sun is shining… look on the bright side a little bit sometimes!

Dead Can Dan-
cer

Level 14 Emo Kid

“Crybaby”

People ruin the world.

I wish there were less people. Or should I say “sheeple”.

Correnth

Level 59 Emo Kid

“Final Cut Pro”

mary misanthrope Posted:

How can you prove that there isn’t a God, or multiple Gods, or some other kind of balancing/governing force in the universe?

Even though scientific evidence can disprove some of the major beliefs in world religions, the fact remainds that billions of people in the world all seem to agree that there is a higher power, of some sort. With so many people agreeing that something is out there, how can you really be so sure that there’s nothing?

I don’t really know. But I do feel like without some sort of governing force, there would be no point to human existence. The world is such a terrible place, and to think that there is no point or meaning is terribly depressing.

On the other hand, if ordinary working people were not counting on their suffering to earn them a reward after death, perhaps they would fight harder against the economic and government systems of oppression that prioritize the interests of the wealthy and influential elite…

In any case, I still think that Ms. Sherwood owned you, because you resulted to “You’re stupid. I’m smart. Go away.” as an argument.

I would like to take the time to thank you for proving my point for me. You see, this is a wonderful example as to why the preconceived notion of a “kind and loving god” is utter and complete nonsense. This world is filled with pain, torment, and suffering, bringing those around us to seek comfort in the “knowledge” of a higher power. To waste our time playing make-believe and hoping in an invisible ghost-like figure to bring us to some form of salvation, while children rot in the streets. Frankly, the very thought turns my stomach. I myself have seen enough tragedy in this world that even *without* scientific evidence to the contrary the preposterous notion of a deity looking down on this sad display and marvelling in their works is to admit to one’s own selfish stupidity.

Also, pointing out the “I’m smart, you’re dumb” comment means very little from someone who’s poetic talent consists of mentioning how much of a harlot they are. And my parents wonder why I’m slowly coming to loathe all women.

Now, back to the subject at hand:

Lucinda Sherwood Posted:

Dear Mr. Correnth,

Present them.

With all Christian love,

Mrs. Lucinda Sherwood

Ah-hah. There. No greater evidence needed, ladies and gentlemen (and I do use those terms loosely in the context of these ridiculous forums). When asked for proof of her supposed god she turns tail and attempts to place the need for justification on someone else. No, Mrs. Sherwood, I have no intent of following through with your request until you yourself offer some form of proof regarding the existence of your “god”, your “christ” – Even your “holy spirit”. I would gladly accept any factual evidence you have regarding their existence, and would even then consider debating with you. But until that point I fear we have reached a stale-mate, one in which you continue to prove me right.

Ah, the joys of torturing the brainwashed mbumes. I doubt that I shall I never tire of their lamentations.

Also:

pixiekidd Posted:

but right now people are also falling in love, flowers are blooming, babies are being born, music is being made, the sun is shining… look on the bright side a little bit sometimes!

Another small joy of mine in life is watching the eventual destruction of hopeless dolts such as yourself. One day you’ll come to understand that life is pain, that the world will destroy you, and that your hope means naught. Love is a lie, the flowers are dying, babies die in their cribs, music fades into the air never to be heard again, and the sun is only pleasing reflected from the moon. Your “bright side” also comes with a very, very dark undertone, my dear, and one day you’ll experience the same blackened pit as myself.

I so wish I could be there to taste your tears when it does.

Correnth edited this message on 05/18/2008 12:05AM

gigerth

Avatar: 30869 Fri Jun 26 22:33:49 -0400 2009

[Team Shortbus]

Level 31 Troll

i was jealous so i changed his title

i dont get this

You guys ruined my dolphin boner.

gigerth

Avatar: 30869 Fri Jun 26 22:33:49 -0400 2009

[Team Shortbus]

Level 31 Troll

i was jealous so i changed his title

Lucinda Sher-
wood

[Team Shortbus]

Level 16 Hacker

Jack Chick's Biggest Fan

Dear Mr. Pain in the Patootie,

Jesus exists because the Bible says so. Moreover, because his life is dogreat timesented in official Roman texts written during his lifetime. Do you dispute His existence because you never met Him? By the same rationality, what proof have you that President Millard Fillmore was not just a grand hoax perpetrated by the Whig party?

God exists simply because the cirgreat timesstances necessary for the existence of intelligent life on this planet are so random and so fragile — in short, so wildly improbable — that they could not have come about without the aid of some guiding deity.

I presume that you consider yourself an intellectual. If so, I’m sure you may have stumbled across something called the “Big Bang Theory,” if only in one of your community college courses. All matter was condensed into an infinitesimal space, compressed until the pressure was unbearable. This produced an explosion, and the resulting firestorm of matter and energy radiated throughout the universe, creating galaxies, solar systems, stars and planets.

So tell me, Mr. Smarty Pants Atheist, who was responsible for the Big Bang? What existed before the Big Bang? As the universe is constantly expanding at an ever-increasing rate, what lies outside that universe? Are there other universes? If so, what lies outside of them?

You claim that you know that God does not exist, a remarkable feat of scientific prowess. So what is your proof? And since you know and claim you can prove the non-existence of God, I bumume that you likewise have answers to all of the scientific questions raised above. It would be quite generous of you to ring up Stephen Hawking and let him in on the secret. He’s worked so hard, you know.

While you’re at it, please explain to us — your unenlightened, unwashed subjects — what dark matter and dark energy are, and where they come from. I’ve been quite curious about that subject for some little time now.

And if you don’t mind, it’s quite late and I’m giving one of the readings at early Mbum tomorrow.

With all Christian love, you little pisher,

Mrs. Lucinda Sherwood

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!