Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Interface Clbum Suggestion

Something_Wi-
tty

Avatar: 32289 2010-01-24 16:35:06 -0500

[Team Shortbus]

Level 26 Permanoob

OH GOD WHAT THE **** IS THAT MY HEAD JUST GOT DECAPITATED

I’m not sure if this has been made already, but how about otaku/anime fanatic? Some abilities could include:

**** About Voice Dub

Point Out Minor Inconsistencies (“OMG in episode x of <insert anime here> <insert character here> TOTALLY had their scar/marking/etc 5cm too high on their <insert body part here>, what the hell was <anime company> thinking???)

Claim <x anime> Is a Ripoff of <x other anime, doesn’t necessarily have to be older> (yes, the name’s ****, can’t think of a better one ATM)

Cosplay Pictures (probably their strongest move)

Draw Parallels to Real Life (I remember reading some 20-year-old Japanese dude who killed his family claimed that Evangelion taught him all human life is worthless, and if he started with the one he loved it’d be much easier to kill strangers. Stuff like that)

What do you say, could it work?

evilhamster

[The Fondler of Bal-
lsacks
]

Level 34 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

Along those lines, they could also do Star Trek Geek!

Too tired to bother with thinking up attack names ATM.

Heat Seeking-
Moisture Mi-
ssile

Avatar: Heat Seeking Moisture Missile's Avatar

Level 10 Troll

AKA Throbbing Thrill Hammer, Rod of God, and male reproductive organ

I would die laughing at both of those if done right.

And while we are at it, sports fan.

Complain about offseason moves <What the hell was the GM thinking, how they they overpay to bring in that stiff?>

Conspiracy theories <I swear the refs have it in for my team, every year they get screwed by the refs just before they can get to the big game>

My team could beat your team <Your team SUCKS no WAY can you beat us this week, etc..>

Brag about gear <Dude I just went onto my teams website and picked up this sweet jersey/poster/beer mug/team flag/jacket etc…

Good old days <Remember back in 02 when he ran for 2000 yards and had 25 TD’s/ when he hit 45 hrs drove in 150 RBIs/ <I was at the game in 98 when blah blah blah etc…

I could come up with a million of these easily

Heat Seeking Moisture Missile edited this message on 04/14/2008 12:46AM

Mudkips Acro-
nym

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Neither are really general enough. A camwhore, an emo kid, and especially a troll can all derail any kind of thread – the suggestions here tend to be confined to those specific forums.

Marcos El Ma-
lo

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

evilhamster Posted:

Along those lines, they could also do Star Trek Geek!

Too busy fapping to k/s fanfic to bother with thinking up attack names ATM.

Mudkips Acronym Posted:

Neither are really general enough. A camwhore, an emo kid, and especially a troll can all derail any kind of thread – the suggestions here tend to be confined to those specific forums. And I love the Log in to see images!

Well, maybe the clbum should be fanboi. This would cover a LOT of cultural fetishes, from A (Apple) to Z (I was going to say Zardoz, but maybe Dragon Ball Z freaks would be better.)

Attacks would be more generic, but the actual attacks as they show up in a thread could be a bit more specific, i.e., when you used the Annoying Quote attack, you’d never know if the quote was going to be Monty Python (too many to list), Family Guy (“Allllllright” ), Apple (“Hi, I’m a Mac” ), FSF (quotes from the GPL), etc.

Other attacks could be Pedantic Argument, Proselytize, Convention Pics, and RFD (reality distortion field). I’m sure you all can think of many more.

If fanboi was too gender specific, we could call the clbum Otaku, like that Futomori Moe guy.

I think we should also have a pedophile clbum, but that’s only because it would be easier for me to roleplay (essentially, I could just be myself). Log in to see images!

Marcos El Malo edited this message on 04/14/2008 6:10AM

DocBeard

[The British Gentle-
men Society
]

Level 22 Emo Kid

“Bleeding Heart”

You could just make it “Fan”, and have what the character’s a fan of be generic. Sort of like the Emo Kid’s particular flavor of Emo is left up to the player and randomization function.

evilhamster

[The Fondler of Bal-
lsacks
]

Level 34 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

Mudkips Acronym Posted:

Neither are really general enough. A camwhore, an emo kid, and especially a troll can all derail any kind of thread – the suggestions here tend to be confined to those specific forums.

I guess it depends if they are making new clbumes or specializations of existing clbumes.

Heat Seeking-
Moisture Mi-
ssile

Avatar: Heat Seeking Moisture Missile's Avatar

Level 10 Troll

AKA Throbbing Thrill Hammer, Rod of God, and male reproductive organ

True, and personally I would like to see specializations rather than whole new clbumes per se…well both would be just fine I guess.

Anansi

[Arsenal of Ninjacr-
acy
]

Level 69 Troll

Resident Psychoanalyst

I do think there should be a clbum devoted to people who do nothing but make pop culture references. They can be irritating on any forum.

Marcos El Ma-
lo

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

DocBeard Posted:

You could just make it “Fan”, and have what the character’s a fan of be generic. Sort of like the Emo Kid’s particular flavor of Emo is left up to the player and randomization function.

Exactly!

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!