Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Evil Trout Manage Your Equipment

Celerysteve

Avatar: 61989 2011-12-28 11:21:37 -0500

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 35 Troll

Right from the moment when I saw Saw, I laughed.

When did they do this? Can you turn it off? I figured I’d finally give ep3 a chance and now this. Is this actually suppose to be more convienent?

TheMatty

Avatar: 64325 Thu May 28 03:54:11 -0400 2009

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

who knows, I hate it personally.

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

It’s more convenient if you’re swimming in .moar files. I think.

At least, I find it more convenient on my characters with dozens of extracted .moars, and not so convenient on the characters with bare minimum Log in to see images!

man-man

Avatar: 156485 2010-01-24 16:36:14 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

Selfish fine upstanding member of society

If you’ve pruned your equipment down to the useful things, it was an easier system to just scroll down past all your options and click the ones you want to switch to, without having to go into all the ‘Manage your Xs” pages.

If I had dozens of useless items it’d be useful. But I don’t, so it isn’t.

Make it optional imo Log in to see images!

Celerysteve

Avatar: 61989 2011-12-28 11:21:37 -0500

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 35 Troll

Right from the moment when I saw Saw, I laughed.

MC Banhammer Posted:

It’s more convenient if you’re swimming in .moar files. I think.

At least, I find it more convenient on my characters with dozens of extracted .moars, and not so convenient on the characters with bare minimum Log in to see images!

Because having to click in and out over and over again is much more convenient than scrolling past a dozen more files.

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Celerysteve Posted:

Because having to click in and out over and over again is much more convenient than scrolling past a dozen more files.

It is to me.

That doesn’t mean it is to everyone.

There was discussion of this in the Ep3 beta forum, and maybe I’ll quote some of the more pertinent comments here. If I remember when I have more time.

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Ah here we go. All four posts in a thread entitled “New equipment interface”:

quangntenemy Posted:

I find it kinda inconvenient. It takes a lot more clicks to switch from battle gears to rollover gears.

Why can’t we just have something similar to “outfits” so it’ll be easier to switch them?

was Posted:

I started a new character and it is a real pain to see if what I extracted is better than what I already have equipped. Couldn’t you have made the old setup collapsible.

markchd Posted:

My experience with the new equipment system hasn’t been great, but it’s not game-breakingly bad. It’s pretty nice once you hit the new level cap.

was Posted:

Yeah, it is pretty nice once you don’t have to use it anymore.

I know there was more in another thread, but I REALLY don’t have time for that now.

twas

Avatar: 40896 2011-11-01 00:47:59 -0400

[fine upstanding member of society]

Level 35 Troll

Wher Have My Poor Imaginary Wife and Child Gone

Just wait for Orange to expire. It might revert then.

twas edited this message on 02/20/2010 4:26PM

Phariad

Avatar: 129763 Mon Jun 15 22:35:47 -0400 2009

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 43 Troll

“Banned Camper”

man-man Posted:

it was an easier system to just scroll down past all your options and click the ones you want to switch to

Ctrl+F

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Phariad Posted:

Ctrl+F

That only works if you remember the names of your files. My memory’s terrible, so I have to look at the stats. Log in to see images!

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Although I’d rather see effort into let us save equipment configurations than into reverting or making any other changes to the existing system. 3 slots is sufficient — one for pwning, one for buying/selling, one for rollover.

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

MC Banhammer Posted:

Although I’d rather see effort into let us save equipment configurations than into reverting or making any other changes to the existing system. 3 slots is sufficient — one for pwning, one for buying/selling, one for rollover.

CrinkzPipe

Avatar: 35643 2015-02-20 21:59:22 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Hi, I'm an adult whos into bumes. But not boners!

How about a “sort by” feature. This way people can list files in the way they want, ranging from the name to how much Offense they give.

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

CrinkzPipe Posted:

How about a “sort by” feature. This way people can list files in the way they want, ranging from the name to how much Offense they give.

The way they’re sorted now, according to ET, is by cost, which he claims is a relatively accurate portrayal of power.

I think there’s a bit too much emphasis put on Ego, but for the most part, it’s p. easy once you know which stat/s you’re looking for to find the highest ones in that category. They’re near the top.

omg_cute

[Metafilter]

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

I like it, but I would find it much more useful if this site’s use of javascript didn’t break the back bumon. Keyboard commands practically hardwired into muscle memory are much superior to finding and clicking the “back to my inventory main page” link.

mterek

Avatar: 192622 2009-09-24 16:39:01 -0400

[mahjong]

Level 69 Re-Re

$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$

MC Banhammer Posted:

The way they’re sorted now, according to ET, is by cost, which he claims is a relatively accurate portrayal of power.

man-man

Avatar: 156485 2010-01-24 16:36:14 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

Selfish fine upstanding member of society

omg_cute Posted:

I would find it much more useful if this site’s use of javascript didn’t break the back bumon. Keyboard commands practically hardwired into muscle memory are much superior to finding and clicking the “back to my inventory main page” link.

This.

Grendel

[ Heorot]

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

The new equipment interface encourages me to change my equipment as little as possible.

It’s nicer for seeing what you are currently using, but generally more of a pain for actually changing anything, since it triples the amount of clicks involved and requires you remember which categories have something you might want to change.

twas

Avatar: 40896 2011-11-01 00:47:59 -0400

[fine upstanding member of society]

Level 35 Troll

Wher Have My Poor Imaginary Wife and Child Gone

I have decided to run for Governor of Flamebate. I hope I can count on your vote. This forum is steeped in stagnation and I believe that I am the one that can bring about change.

Will you help me, bring in a new era?

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!