Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
E-Peen(tm) I made a wiki article on good posting

Fortunato

Avatar: 72902 2010-02-03 18:45:17 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 51 Troll

ZOMBIE CANNONBALL OF GORE

Skyman747 Posted:

Which version?

It might just be because I didn’t grow up in a communist society, but I don’t like fort’s guide. Rule 1 is “Be Funny” but humor is too subjective. Rule 2 suggests if you make a dumb mistake beg forgiveness apologize and stop posting until you know the community. Rule 3 says make short posts, so I guess people should avoid topics that involve a lot of thought. Rule 4 I just don’t understand the wording at all. From what I get it says to avoid making threads (best leave that to the good posters) and if people are mean to you then you should leave.

This is a wiki. I suppose I should have written “I encourage debate on this” at the top or something. However, going in and deleting it and pointing out that I am full of **** here is not only ****y and bumhurt, but also counterproductive. Are you seriously suggesting that a guide could hurt, or that flamebait couldn’t benefit from a few “hey guys, just so you know, you act this way you can expect to get flamed” kind of tips?

SanDyk

Avatar: 175636 2012-01-01 09:50:12 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 69 Troll

I am the internet equivelent of Jon Stewart! Except less funny...

Skyman747 Posted:

Which version?

It might just be because I didn’t grow up in a communist society, but I don’t like fort’s guide. Rule 1 is “Be Funny” but humor is too subjective. Rule 2 suggests if you make a dumb mistake beg forgiveness apologize and stop posting until you know the community. Rule 3 says make short posts, so I guess people should avoid topics that involve a lot of thought. Rule 4 I just don’t understand the wording at all. From what I get it says to avoid making threads (best leave that to the good posters) and if people are mean to you then you should leave.

You fail to realise that these are guidelines and not actually set in stone.

I mean It might be totally possible to be an unfunny, stupid, tl;dr post maker and STILL be respected but it seems that the majority of people here enjoy wit Log in to see images!

Skyman747

Avatar: 115546 2015-08-12 18:58:09 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

DIRTY ****ING fine upstanding member of society woman's genitals

SanDyk Posted:

I mean It might be totally possible to be an unfunny, stupid, tl;dr post maker and STILL be respected but it seems that the majority of people here enjoy wit Log in to see images!

unfunny: One mans unfunny is another man’s hilarious. I found Oda’s posts or Something Witty’s posts that fort listed under “funny” as very special.

stupid: So you’ve never made a stupid mistake? ever? wow, I wish I was you.

tl;dr: Thought out conversations will naturally have longer posts. Should we discourage that?

Skyman747 edited this message on 12/20/2009 7:34PM

aSh-gangSTA--

Avatar: 23493 2011-10-31 20:46:14 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 60 Emo Kid

The Delightfully Chaotic

Skyman747 Posted:

Which version?

It might just be because I didn’t grow up in a communist society, but I don’t like fort’s guide. Rule 1 is “Be Funny” but humor is too subjective. Rule 2 suggests if you make a dumb mistake beg forgiveness apologize and stop posting until you know the community, so you better know everything before you even look at flamebate. Rule 3 says make short posts, so I guess people should avoid topics that involve a lot of thought. Rule 4 I just don’t understand the wording at all. From what I get it says to avoid making threads (best leave that to the good posters) and if people are mean to you then you should leave.

And you wonder why you aren’t in the cool kids club.

Johnny Mac

Avatar: 37704 2022-12-12 08:49:44 +0000

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 60 Troll

I grant you an bumhole x

This is so important ‘cause people are actually going to know about this page’s existence after today, right?

Toko

Level 16 Troll

“Inflammatory Agent ”

handofg0d Posted:

How true. Log in to see images!

Skyman747

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

handofg0d Posted:

I know, I wish people didn’t care about the quality of my posts and blindly accepted anything I typed as good.

Fortunato

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 51 Troll

Johnny Mac Posted:

This is so important ‘cause people are actually going to know about this page’s existence after today, right?

thanks to this thread they will also I will link it in every article about flamebait and link it to every n00b who comes into idc with something along the lines of “LOL 4CHAN MEME LOLOLOL I TROL U” which was really why I wrote it.

Skyman747

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

Fortunato Posted:

thanks to this thread they will also I will link it in every article about flamebait and link it to every n00b who comes into idc with something along the lines of “LOL 4CHAN MEME LOLOLOL I TROL U” which was really why I wrote it.

Your right, we should all be like you. I’m sorry for all of this.

aSh-gangSTA--

Avatar: 23493 2011-10-31 20:46:14 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 60 Emo Kid

The Delightfully Chaotic

Skyman747 Posted:

I know, I wish people didn’t care about the quality of my posts and blindly accepted anything I typed as good.

Delusional to a point possible schizophrenia. We are not out to get you, or to circlejerk each other. Take your meds bro, **** is SO cash.

EDIT-typo.

aSh-gangSTA-685 edited this message on 12/20/2009 7:48PM

CrinkzPipe

Avatar: 35643 2015-02-20 21:59:22 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Hi, I'm an adult whos into bumes. But not boners!

the funny thing is, the “guidelines” posted only apply to the people listed + a few others.

Fortunato

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 51 Troll

this from the dude who entertained me endlessly by getting noobs banned for goatse in GD.

emohunter

Level 10 Hacker

What's an Emoh Unter

I would like you to add that a good poster does not rely on using foul language. and does not be an emo kid.

Bandaney

Avatar: 70433 2014-06-07 22:10:47 -0400

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 60 Hacker

Ask me about how many male reproductive organs in my bum :zak:

Skyman747 Posted:

Oda’s posts

Are you kidding? That has got to be one of the best threads ever.

Joseph of Su-
burbia

Avatar: 182182 2014-09-14 14:41:25 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Hacker

Foumwarz.com, Dev-free since 2012!

Bandaney Posted:

Are you kidding? That has got to be one of the best threads ever.

Seriously. What’s wrong with some witty camwhoring?

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!