Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Evil Trout Imposible to beat forum

ghax

Avatar: 80241 Thu Jul 02 20:10:59 -0400 2009

Level 35 Camwhore

I love 12 inch fine upstanding member of society male reproductive organs in my arse

snipe

ghax Posted:

by co-op, you mean a player with his own alt, correct?

ie select two alts to go pwn a forum together?

allowing co-op with another player seems downright unfair (not to mention totally exploitable)

but then again, so is a lv 1 re-re going with a lv 35 main

maybe just cap the level of who you can co-op with? then you don’t have to force antisociality.

ZakMcKraken

[RowsdowersUnite]

Level 35 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

ghax Posted:

by co-op, you mean a player with his own alt, correct?

No, more of a multiplayer option for ForumWarz like ChilePepino mentioned, not a main and alt combo specifically. You know, working together. Log in to see images!

edit: Yeah, a level cap, say within 4 levels or so, or a formula like level/2+level.

ZakMcKraken edited this message on 09/11/2009 10:49PM

TheRealSuper-
Happy

Avatar: 200618 2010-02-10 23:28:59 -0500

[Gigantic male reproductive organ in the bum]

Level 69 Permanoob

“Permanoob”

A ****ing 72-forum streak I had going was broken because of this. I figured even in the worst-case scenario, all my 5-HTP and the AFK move could keep me going with just the Poetry attack, but the moderator healing made the pwnage completely impossible.

Thanks guys, this upgrade has officially ****ed over weeks of work for me.

TheRealSuper-
Happy

Level 69 Permanoob

“Permanoob”

Not to constantly bellyache… but just letting you know this Permanoob-immunity problem is not as harmless as y’all seem to think it is, and it IS capable of undoing a ton of progress.

It’s like that ****ing sandworm in Final Fantasy 7. Log in to see images! Sticking in roadblocks like this is just not good game design.

I’m sure someday I’ll redo all this and redo all this, and then I’ll look back on it now and laugh, but for now, I kinda want to throw my computer out the window.

Inertia

Avatar: 60995 Fri Apr 03 12:59:05 -0400 2009

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

also wow i have no male reproductive organ

TheRealSuperHappy Posted:

It’s like that ****ing sandworm in Final Fantasy 7.

Are you talking about Ruby Weapon? I beat him today Log in to see images!

SimplyTHEBEST

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

A ****ing 72-forum streak … this upgrade has officially ****ed over weeks of work for me.

Two weeks, four days.

bumuming you were active when you decided to start the streak, anyway…

CrinkzPipe

Avatar: 35643 2015-02-20 21:59:22 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Hi, I'm an adult whos into bumes. But not boners!

ITS A ****ING CHALLENGE CLbum PEOPLE. IF YOU DON’T LIKE THE ****ING CHALLENGE DON’T ****ING COMPLAIN. GOD DAMN YOU PEOPLE WILL WHINE ABOUT ANYTHING IF IT DOESN’T GO YOUR ****ING WAY GOD.

I felt it had to be said, just because the game got “hard” for a challenge clbum, doesn’t give you the right to say “wahhh its evil trouts fault wahhh fix things.” Get over it.

Skyman747

Avatar: 115546 2015-08-12 18:58:09 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

DIRTY ****ING fine upstanding member of society woman's genitals

CrinkzPipe Posted:

ITS A ****ING CHALLENGE CLbum PEOPLE. IF YOU DON’T LIKE THE ****ING CHALLENGE DON’T ****ING COMPLAIN. GOD DAMN YOU PEOPLE WILL WHINE ABOUT ANYTHING IF IT DOESN’T GO YOUR ****ING WAY GOD.

I felt it had to be said, just because the game got “hard” for a challenge clbum, doesn’t give you the right to say “wahhh its evil trouts fault wahhh fix things.” Get over it.

What happens if a Camwhore hits a Narcissism resistant forum? I personally don’t think that they should be reduced to using attacks weaker than Permanoobs.

spacekadt

Avatar: 16186 2011-11-01 00:02:40 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

meh

Skyman747 Posted:

What happens if a Camwhore hits a Narcissism resistant forum? I personally don’t think that they should be reduced to using attacks weaker than Permanoobs.

We lose our streak just like the noob above did?

Seriously, not every forum is immune to the incompetence or narcissism. It’s still *very* possible to get your 100 forum streak with these changes… you may just have to wait a few days for someone to spade all of it and put it in the wiki so you know what forums to avoid.

Hell, even in my runs the other day with a non-dom camwhore alt, I only ran into one forum I couldn’t beat… and I probably could have if I had cared enough to spend tons of money on drugs.

Bonkenhi

Avatar: 75529 Sat Nov 22 17:24:38 -0500 2008

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

My offense is now 20ish lower. My ego is now about 10K higher. That makes pretty much every forum alright in my case, but I still agree on more moves being needed, since this change hasn’t really asked a lot more of me tactically.

...maybe buyable moves, or buyable items that can be used to attack.

mterek

Avatar: 192622 2009-09-24 16:39:01 -0400

[mahjong]

Level 69 Re-Re

$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$

A ****ing 72-forum streak I had going was broken because of this. I figured even in the worst-case scenario, all my 5-HTP and the AFK move could keep me going with just the Poetry attack, but the moderator healing made the pwnage completely impossible.

Which forum did you fail in?

TheRealSuper-
Happy

Level 69 Permanoob

“Permanoob”

Forum weaknesses+strengths are in the wiki now. No excuse for walking into the wrong forum anymore!

Actually, it was entirely my fault for attacking a high level forum while on such a high streak, instead of playing it safe. In fact, it was a level higher than I thought it was at the time, making it a REALLY stupid mistake. I was just really mad when it happened, and wanted to go blame someone else.

It wasn’t even immune to incompetence, just resistant by half, but the 50% resistance + the resistance added for being a few levels above me added to 100%. When I say it like that, it’s pretty obvious it was entirely my fault… Gee Willikers guess I chose an appropriate clbum, huh?

TheRealSuperHappy edited this message on 09/13/2009 7:50AM

Kittysan

Level 40 Re-Re

I'm a fabulous person who goes back on Dom ties

To the OP, if you think this is bad for Permanoob, try pwning as a Re-Re now.

mterek Posted:

I can’t believe I survived to pwn Dolphin Love. I’d have cases where I get lag spiked, then a mod appears in two non-consecutive posts and undoes 1,200 points of pwn. D:

mterek Posted:

Another thing I’d like to suggest at would be a variable chance of there being status effects or moderator effects, especially in a short time frame. If we can say there’s a 10% chance of a mod appearing in a certain turn, that chance should increase with each turn the mod doesn’t appear. From 10% to 15% to 20% to 25% etc…then resets when the mod appears.

During my attack of DolphinLove (which I only bumaulted with about 10 special roids) moderators would appear every off turn for a short period of time, and undo almost all damage I had done to the thread. Combined with two lag spikes in three non-consecutive attack turns, pwning the forum wasn’t really an issue of me not doing enough damage (despite the fact my Incompetence attacks were very weak against it) but being held back by the status changes, all which happened in a short period of time and very frequently.

I feel your pain. I pwned Dolphin Love today too and was hit by Lag Spikes/Moderator combo, A LOT. I never read any spoilers and want to experiment new changes all by myself. Well, it’s an experiment in futility and frustration.

I never use steroids, choosing to go with healing drugs instead. And it took me 48 minutes, more than 500 moves, and 15 SmilePrin XR pills to bring the entire forum down. It’s not fun or funny. Seeing how you’re 6 level lower than me, and 1 level lower than the forum itself, I had to say you did a good work pwning surviving it.

Seriously, the moderator thing is horribly overpowered. He heals 25% of the thread hit points in one appearance. The more hit points, the more he heals. And the more hit point a thread has, the more chance he will appear. This create a gigantic snowballing effect. I was stuck in RAWL, a level 22 forum, for 59 minutes because of this, using more than 700 moves. I also burned 20 pills to get out of it alive. The reason? There is two threads with about 4000 hit points. Every time a moderator appears, he heals 1000 of them. That’s equal to 10 moves (Ophelia’s Bad Poetry and Cute Animals attacks.) And he appears 15-25 times in each thread. Hell, I lost 2000 hit points trying to pwn one thread alone.

I’m going to write the problem with moderator in more details. But now I’ve got a headache because of those two forums. I’m going to bed.

Kittysan

Level 40 Re-Re

I'm a fabulous person who goes back on Dom ties

I feel your pain. Luckily my streak ends with the last Domination round. So I don’t have that problem.

I wonder if I can still gain as much medals as last season with all those change detrimental to Re-Re clbum.

MC Banhammer Posted:

Also, Ep3 will no doubt have new attacks, and I’ll just BET that they’re going to open attack types with them.

So, if we don’t buy Ep 3, we’re stuck with those we already have, right? Log in to see images!

Amasius

Avatar: 21158 2015-06-13 23:07:57 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

OMFG! It is MY bum!

You realize that the game isn’t balanced for re-res, right? Only stay re-re if you REALLY want a challenge else you better switch to another clbum.

ChilePepino

Avatar: 101005 2010-01-24 16:17:40 -0500

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 35 Permanoob

Well, spf357 really rocks.

Kittysan Posted:

To the OP, if you think this is bad for Permanoob, try pwning as a Re-Re now.

I feel your pain. I pwned Dolphin Love today too and was hit by Lag Spikes/Moderator combo, A LOT. I never read any spoilers and want to experiment new changes all by myself. Well, it’s an experiment in futility and frustration.

I never use steroids, choosing to go with healing drugs instead. And it took me 48 minutes, more than 500 moves, and 15 SmilePrin XR pills to bring the entire forum down. It’s not fun or funny. Seeing how you’re 6 level lower than me, and 1 level lower than the forum itself, I had to say you did a good work pwning surviving it.

Seriously, the moderator thing is horribly overpowered. He heals 25% of the thread hit points in one appearance. The more hit points, the more he heals. And the more hit point a thread has, the more chance he will appear. This create a gigantic snowballing effect. I was stuck in RAWL, a level 22 forum, for 59 minutes because of this, using more than 700 moves. I also burned 20 pills to get out of it alive. The reason? There is two threads with about 4000 hit points. Every time a moderator appears, he heals 1000 of them. That’s equal to 10 moves (Ophelia’s Bad Poetry and Cute Animals attacks.) And he appears 15-25 times in each thread. Hell, I lost 2000 hit points trying to pwn one thread alone.

I’m going to write the problem with moderator in more details. But now I’ve got a headache because of those two forums. I’m going to bed.

I have a challenge re-re, but I haven’t ventured into leveling it up anymore, I beat Ep 2 and the last forum was the only forum I’ve played since the update. Anyway, I know how it feels to spend 20+ mins on a single forum, not fun.

Captain Cran-
ky

Level 69 Re-Re

I just got 5 job points for pwning Dolphin Love and it took me less then 4 minutes. I needed some consumables and of course I have the best available equipment but it’s still doable.

mterek

Avatar: 192622 2009-09-24 16:39:01 -0400

[mahjong]

Level 69 Re-Re

$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$

Having the Episode 2 attack helps, Kittysan and I don’t have access to it yet. TheRealSuper-Happy should though.

ChilePepino

Avatar: 101005 2010-01-24 16:17:40 -0500

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 35 Permanoob

Well, spf357 really rocks.

mterek Posted:

Having the Episode 2 attack helps, Kittysan and I don’t have access to it yet. TheRealSuper-Happy should though.

You don’t need to buy ep 2 to get the attacks.

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

Just gonna go ahead and state again – there are exactly 2, count ‘em, 2 forums that are immune to incompetence. The wiki page had those forums noted one day after this upgrade rolled out. (I know it did because I was the one who ran the visits to get the info and put it in to help re-res and permas avoid this very problem.)

There is exactly one for narcissism. Am I going to change my build and sacrifice damage on every forum to take the second attack line or am I going to skip that forum? It is an easy freaking answer people.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!