Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Shock FLAMEBATE SUGGESTION: "Calling Out" board

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

Fingerz Posted:

Obv I wouldn’t say “you’re a prick” but I was trying to be as generic as possible.

All I know is that if the wrong person posts a thread like that in CD, they’re gonna get banned depending on who they’re calling out. We should have a safe place for everyone to do so.

Snipe! (unless I’m ninja’d)

It’s my opinion that civil discussion questioning the choices of the moderators are welcome in GD or Ayn Rands. If it’s someone else you have a problem with, can’t you just address via TM?

Fingerz

Avatar: 22863 2010-11-15 01:15:51 -0500

[7 VIBRATING DOLDOES]

Level 35 Emo Kid

A neverhasbeen

I actually don’t have a problem with anyone atm. I don’t need to call anyone out. This thread is just me responding to things I’ve seen. Why are you so dead against change, McB?

AAHZ

Avatar: 4016 2013-08-02 05:07:06 -0400

[Forumwarz Active P-
layers
]

Level 69 Troll

SAGAMI -WUZ- HERE

Its not a good idea, IMO. Condoning arguing and bickering outside of GRP leads to unnecessary problems.

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Fingerz Posted:

Why are you so dead against change, McB?

I’m not. Several of the changes you’ve seen on Flamebate in the past year and a half or so, for better or for worse, were my idea originally.

Regardless, I very VERY much would like a “semi-trolling” place to exist. But it’s not to be, because the arguments about “THAT was allowed but THIS wasn’t????” will put us right back in the position of the numerous complaints we had about moderator bias.

I lament we cannot have such a location on this site, and have expressed this disappointment elsewhere. But I have no solution.

UNLESS — You’d like a CD forum with special exceptions that only ONE moderator moderates. Then they could set up the rules for that forum and that’s the end of that. That might work, and I’d be more than willing to be that one.

Fingerz

[7 VIBRATING DOLDOES]

Level 35 Emo Kid

A neverhasbeen

AAHZ Posted:

Its not a good idea, IMO. Condoning arguing and bickering outside of GRP leads to unnecessary problems.

Arguing and bickering may be something you enjoy doing, but there are plenty of us here who are capable of having grown-up discussions on subjects we disagree about without taking things personally and getting upset over them. Hence asking for this category to be added to the “Civil Discussion” side of the board. There’s a huge difference between what you’re envisioning, and what I’m actually talking about.

Fingerz

[7 VIBRATING DOLDOES]

Level 35 Emo Kid

A neverhasbeen

MC Banhammer Posted:

UNLESS — You’d like a CD forum with special exceptions that only ONE moderator moderates. Then they could set up the rules for that forum and that’s the end of that. That might work, and I’d be more than willing to be that one.

Only if that mod is you Log in to see images!

No but seriously, if that’s the only way something like this could exist, then I say let’s do it.

AAHZ

Avatar: 4016 2013-08-02 05:07:06 -0400

[Forumwarz Active P-
layers
]

Level 69 Troll

SAGAMI -WUZ- HERE

and im being realistic as to what will eventually happen in this place you are “envisioning.”

Skyman747

Avatar: 115546 2015-08-12 18:58:09 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

DIRTY ****ING fine upstanding member of society woman's genitals

Fingerz Posted:

No but seriously, if that’s the only way something like this could exist, then I say let’s do it.

I like this idea.

We try and complain in RP and we get either someone messing with the tables or random posts. Chawin showed us what happens when you complain in a CD forum like Ayn Raids, so if this is the only way to do something like this, go for it.

Sarcasm Inc

Avatar: 124937 2010-01-24 16:34:47 -0500

[pizza party]

Level 69 Hacker

Not needed anymore now that we have the SarcMark

MC Hambanner Posted:

Regardless, I very VERY much would like a “semi-trolling” place to exist. But it’s not to be, because the arguments about “THAT was allowed but THIS wasn’t????” will put us right back in the position of the numerous complaints we had about moderator bias.

In a nutshell.

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Fingerz Posted:

MC Banhammer Posted:

I’d be more than willing to be that one.

Celerysteve

Avatar: 61989 2011-12-28 11:21:37 -0500

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 35 Troll

Right from the moment when I saw Saw, I laughed.

Calling out? It should be two men enter one man leave. Seriously whoever is decided the loser of the argument should be permanently banned. It would make things interesting and people wouldn’t be doing it all the time over nothing it’s win-win. Also if that person gets banned you should get their BP’s. There could probably be peens too.

ChilePepino

Avatar: 101005 2010-01-24 16:17:40 -0500

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 35 Permanoob

Well, spf357 really rocks.

can i civilly point out celerysteve’s idea as not serious and borderline trolling while playfully laughing at it?

Fingerz

[7 VIBRATING DOLDOES]

Level 35 Emo Kid

A neverhasbeen

ChilePepino Posted:

can i civilly point out celerysteve’s idea as not serious and borderline trolling while playfully laughing at it?

You can feel free to report any posts you feel to be in violation of CD rules by clicking the “report post” link Log in to see images!

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!