Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Shock ITT: THE STORY OF THE ZOMBIE RP THREAD THAT NEVER HAPPENED

duca

Avatar: 127754 2012-12-21 23:37:31 -0500

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 38 Camwhore

Happiness cannot be bought, but Crispers can.

Howdy. Okay so two days ago Shii and Fie decided to do some RP stuff over MSN and I thought it was pretty funny cause I’d never RP’d before. So then I decided that I wanted to RP as a Zombie and Fie was like “Hey that would make a fun thread we should do it in CD so that it doesn’t get trolled” and I was like “yeah it’ll be pretty funny and creative and show people how fun RP can be and stuff” and then we decided to make it. We didn’t though. You wanna know why?

Well, to be completely honest we couldn’t figure out whether or not it was legal. Neither of us wish to get banned at this moment, or at least for something that stupid. Since the rules on RP vs CD and trolling are confusing as hell we decided it would be best to ask a mod. After all, if you’re not sure what to do you ask one, right? So I Tubmailed the only mod who was on at the time (Spacekadt) and explained what we wanted to do and asked where the best place to do it would be. Tubmail was sent at 3:18 pm on August 3. Response was received at 10:07 pm August 4. Please note I had to specifically tell Spacekadt in IDC that I had sent a Tubmail before receiving my response.

You wanna know what it was?

Spacekadt Posted:

Since it’s role playing, I can picture a mod or two getting bumhurt that it’s in CD. However, CD’s been a lot more relaxed lately (see the crap thread about klan bans that most of us are mocking) and if it’s in Playing With Ourselves, I have no issue with it. If you want, I can run it by some of the others and get their opinions.

Can someone please explain to me why my RP Zombie thread would not be appropriate for CD?

This is just one example of the many times where one mod bans where another mod laughs. I understand that rules are subjective but this is a clear example of a user wanting to do something completely legitimate and not being able to do so due to a Moderation system which, in my opinion, is completely ****ed.

Okay ranting now going to stop now.

TL;DR: Why can’t I RP a Zombie in CD? Why would some Mods consider that trolling?

You can do this in Playing with Ourselves because it’s basically you guys playing a game. The rules are no trolling/typing like an idiot.

ChilePepino

Avatar: 101005 2010-01-24 16:17:40 -0500

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 35 Permanoob

Well, spf357 really rocks.

Well, it’s kind of clear that you can do it on Playing/Ayn Rands because it’s for games/ random non-trolling (because the RP side of the board more or less means “hurururuuffff troll”Log in to see images!, and any mod should have answered that. I’m not telling off anyone on particular, most mods give this kind of answers when asked something.

The thing here is that mods are so badly organized that you have to wait few days to get a clear answer.

Sancdar

[Team Shortbus]

Level 50 Camwhore

LCC club

not sure what you are bumhurt about

mod said “let me check to make sure”

you made thread about how horrible your life is

the end

Sancdar

[Team Shortbus]

Level 50 Camwhore

LCC club

when i saw this thread and started reading i bumumed someone got banned for rping in cd, not that nothing happened and it upset you

Sancdar

[Team Shortbus]

Level 50 Camwhore

LCC club

also if you are that anxious to start posting do it in rp and roll with the ****posts or ignore them, whatever

Adapt

Avatar: 58104 2015-06-13 23:16:37 -0400

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 48 Camwhore

Celerysteve is better than me in everyway imaginable

Well, you read the rules, which are supposed to set the foundation for what’s allowable . Then if anything ambiguous you are supposed to ask a mod for clarification . So, to see something like this is really rather discouraging when all you are looking for is a simple answer . Does anyone actually know what the rules are ? I could see how the buck could be pbumed several times before an answer is had .

Wishy-washy answers like this make things worse than better, and just create more confusion and headaches . Take a stand on something, what’s the point of having so many extra mods when this is the kind of stuff you get ? If it is literally this much of a dichotomy, something is wrong .

Sancdar

[Team Shortbus]

Level 50 Camwhore

LCC club

Adapt Posted:

Does anyone actually know what the rules are ?

The trolls are literally the only people who know the rules.

I do know the rules, yes. It’s ridiculous a mod couldn’t answer this, but she shouldn’t have asked in the first place and just read the rules herself.

Well, she also freaked out about her contest that she didn’t bother to write any rules for and people predictably ruining it, so this doesn’t surprise me.

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

Honestly, if you have a legit question and it is time sensitive, don’t ask just one mod. Just because you see them on idc doesn’t mean they are physically there. Several mods stay logged in regardless of whether they are actually present or not.

There has been some discussion about a pure rp forum being created. I hope it happens, that would be cool. Log in to see images!

Stile

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 13 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

Zombie rp would be cool.

Stile edited this message on 08/05/2009 3:25AM

kittiejenn

Avatar: 18080 2011-11-01 00:29:42 -0400

[Backdoor Amigos]

Level 35 Emo Kid

So damn naughty it wraps back around to nice.

I just think it sucks that something that’s okay to one mod might earn you a ban a few days down the line when someone else sees it. That is all.

Adapt

Avatar: 58104 2015-06-13 23:16:37 -0400

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 48 Camwhore

Celerysteve is better than me in everyway imaginable

Sancdar Posted:

my opinion is basically that you cannot make a set of rules that is both loose enough to allow fun and is not subjective, or someone (me) will abuse them until you change them

and so instead you should make a mod staff that generally agrees on **** and consults up the seniority chain when they can’t

instead of having a couple people who are offended by everything and a couple people who permit everything

Sancdar

[Team Shortbus]

Level 50 Camwhore

LCC club

Adapt Posted:

also note that this is almost impossible to do, because people get really bumhurt over gaining/losing any amount of authority. hell, i’d probably be annoyed at being removed from even the rules forum even though i think i’ve contributed as much as i possibly can.

so, taking mods off when their viewpoints don’t mesh with what you thought is awkward and given that most of the admins/mods have very little self-confidence/balls/courage/whatever, the staff will remain the same even though it ends up hurting the community more than changing things up would.

TUBSWEETIE

Avatar: 3450 2011-07-31 00:45:06 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

MY MEMORY IS THAT OF A SMALL GRAPE

one or two mods < 7 other mods. they get vetoed when it’s that big an out-numbering.

RP in CD is acceptable as long as it’s on topic was my understanding

duca

Avatar: 127754 2012-12-21 23:37:31 -0500

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 38 Camwhore

Happiness cannot be bought, but Crispers can.

Sorry it was late and my point was unclear:

Mods should be able to give approval without worrying that the other mods will go and over turn it. This has happend a lot lately and it’s upsetting to receive unclear answers regarding mod issues. And yes, I have read the rules and they confused the **** out of me. Maybe I’m just dumb? Whatever. (as for the contest I was really drunk when I made it and mostly just wanted to call people woman's genitalss by the end, I’m a weird drunk) Also I wasn’t the one was concerned about getting banned.

As for not asking another mod at the time:

Nicco: Have asked for mod advice before and gotten a troll response.

Aldo: was banned

Tubsweetie: Just got off a ban for giving a false mod approval/was drunk.

Dobnits: Have Tubmailed for mod approval before and never received response/wasn’t online

MCBanhammer: Would have been a good choice but wasn’t online. Ah well.

Sergeant Cid: Haven’t seen the dude in so long forgot he was a mod.

TBH Space was the only mod I trusted to give me an answer that wouldn’t result in me getting banned.

See the problem here? It’s not that I can’t make the thread (I’m well aware that I can and will) it’s the bull**** I had to go through to figure out if I could.

cya

Avatar: 146808 2012-12-30 22:05:41 -0500

[Deth Krew 2010]

Level 69 Hacker

Scared of death

RP is for RP forums

Too bad if you get your fun spoilt by trolls, just go to some zombie RP forum

AAHZ

Avatar: 4016 2013-08-02 05:07:06 -0400

[Forumwarz Active P-
layers
]

Level 69 Troll

SAGAMI -WUZ- HERE

i didnt read this whole thread, and im not sure of the entire backstory here, but the theme seems to be RP boards are not a good place to RP because of bad posters spamming bad posts and bad mods not doing enough to ban the bad posters so the RP’ers can have a place to RP.

But i direct everybody to one of the best trolls this site ever produced: DerKaiserReich… simply because he expended little effort (posting images), he RP’d his character (a Kaiser-troll), and he got maximum results (comunity in an uproar.) Is that RPing or bad posting?

I think ForumWarz is breaking the ice here with regards to a free for all forum like that, there might be other sites similar like KoL’s Arena or whatever (i never played KoL i just heard about it.)

So if trolls are dominating the RP boards, and CD has too strict rules to have a little fun outside the paramaters of standard “Troll, Camwhore, etc” then that is the real underlying issue here. Blaming it on the mods is like chasing the red herring, there IS a solution somewhere.

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

duca Posted:

So I Tubmailed the only mod who was on at the time

First, don’t bumume that just because you only see one mod in IDC, no one else is available. I don’t stay in IDC but I get emails when I get tubmails, so I know about them pretty quickly (usually).

ChilePepino Posted:

The thing here is that mods are so badly organized that you have to wait few days to get a clear answer.

QFT. We have four or five different ways of getting in touch with each other, but very few of us check all of them regularly. I’ve tried to organize it, but, well, with not everyone checking everything, that didn’t work so well Log in to see images!

TUBSWEETIE Posted:

RP in CD is acceptable as long as it’s on topic was my understanding

This. As long as people can read what you wrote, and it’s not tremendously annoying (see yesterday’s rule update), and it’s on-topic, no problem.

But coming in to CD and posting “Brainnnnnsss….” as a thread title, and “Need brainnnnnssss….” as the first post? That belongs in RP.

duca Posted:

MCBanhammer: Would have been a good choice but wasn’t online. Ah well.

See above.

AntiRules187

Avatar: 79421 Tue May 26 22:06:20 -0400 2009

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 35 Troll

It's actually an honor to be pranked, it means someone spent real money on you. Sir.

MC Banhammer Posted:

But coming in to CD and posting “Brainnnnnsss….” as a thread title, and “Need brainnnnnssss….” as the first post? That belongs in RP.

you could have the title be “ITT: Zombie RP”?

Also, if mods are saying it’s okay, why isn’t it up?

AntiRules187 edited this message on 08/05/2009 11:56AM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!