Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Ban Me We should have access to our own ban histories

nanalatinoje-
sus gets you-
JUSTICE IN -
YOUR FORUMS

Avatar: nanalatinojesus gets you JUSTICE IN YOUR FORUMS's

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 26 Troll

I SHOULD POST MORE BUT I DON'T BECAUSE YOU'RE ALL REALLY LAME

TUBSWEETIE Posted:

not signed.

HURRDURR u have big ban emale reproductive organ u must be p cool lets get banned for lulz by ****ting up forumz

I find it pretty ridiculous that this post, which was obviously trollish in nature and unconstructive to the debate, went uncommented on. Sure, it did have a specific point, but it was one that would’ve been easier to get across in a more civil manner.

But returning to the actual subject of the thread, I think I’d actually like this very much. Not so much the leaderboard aspect of it, but I would like ban histories to be available to the user at the very least, if not publicy accessible like something along the lines of the SA format. Not so that posters can “gloat” about the bans, just for the sake of those seeking information.

Indiana Jonas

Avatar: 13850 2014-12-19 09:36:26 -0500

[At Least I Never M-
ade A Failure Of A-
Website
]

Level 35 Troll

WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WW

not to mention tubs has arguably laughed the hardest at the **** we get banned for/the **** he bans people for.

-Kevin

Level 12 Permanoob

“PERMANOOB”

TUBSWEETIE Posted:

are there any forums that show you your own ban history.

yes.

Raepdog

Avatar: 57155 2011-07-31 00:44:38 -0400

[To Your Scattered -
Raepdogs Go
]

Level 35 Camwhore

We are foe.

Anyone who cares about joke bans on there history is caring way to much about something the moderators don’t even care about.

CrinkzPipe

Avatar: 35643 2015-02-20 21:59:22 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Hi, I'm an adult whos into bumes. But not boners!

1337xxxxxxxxxlolololololololololxxxxxxxxx1337 Posted:

Moderators, please look up the word “civil,” and please stop derailing my thread. Thank you.

Oh come on, he was just trying to re-rail his thread. Log in to see images!

ChilePepino

Avatar: 101005 2010-01-24 16:17:40 -0500

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 35 Permanoob

Well, spf357 really rocks.

Wow the things you get banned for, and the things others get away with….

Cheins Sanch-
ez

Avatar: 64305 2015-06-13 02:49:05 -0400

[The Airship]

Level 36 Troll

Rex Sacrorum

I think leetlol’s ban just proved that we need access to our histories.

TUBSWEETIE

Avatar: 3450 2011-07-31 00:45:06 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

MY MEMORY IS THAT OF A SMALL GRAPE

it’s too bad the auto-text doesn’t reference multiple posts that are borderline and contributed.3

Cheins Sanchez Posted:

I think leetlol’s ban just proved that we need access to our histories.

why would that prove it.

ChilePepino Posted:

Wow the things you get banned for, and the things others get away with….

contrary to popular belief, having 80 mods doesn’t mean everything gets seen or considered ban-worthy.

TUBSWEETIE edited this message on 08/14/2009 4:13PM

Adapt

Avatar: 58104 2015-06-13 23:16:37 -0400

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 48 Camwhore

Celerysteve is better than me in everyway imaginable

TUBSWEETIE Posted:

contrary to popular belief, having 80 mods doesn’t mean everything gets seen or considered ban-worthy.

I would just like to say that there is no way I can clarify chile’s point and be nice about it.

TUBSWEETIE

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

Adapt Posted:

I would just like to say that there is no way I can clarify chile’s point and be nice about it.

this website is extremely hard to moderate i dare you to try and not let stuff slide

Adapt

Avatar: 58104 2015-06-13 23:16:37 -0400

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 48 Camwhore

Celerysteve is better than me in everyway imaginable

TUBSWEETIE Posted:

this website is extremely hard to moderate i dare you to try and not let stuff slide

I’m not talking about letting little things slide or missing obscure rule breaking at all.

TUBSWEETIE

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

what

Xylon

Avatar: 76994 2010-01-16 02:54:34 -0500

[Kappa Kappa Kappa]

Level 35 Hacker

Posting personal information is fun. Everyone should try it at least once.

1. Why should we be rewarded for bad behavior?

2. If someone gets banned for something and another doesn’t, why should it concern you?

3. Moderators are people, not mindless automatons that scour the site looking for infractions.

4. There are 150k + users and more than 500 post on the forums. There are only ten mods, and only five seem active at any point.

5. Having access to your ban histories would require more coding for ET which would take time away from the gameplay tuneup and EP 3.

6. It is not the duty or the responsibility of the moderation staff to change rules or policy to satiate mob protest. This is not a democracy.

7. Finally, no amount of complaining is going to change the above facts and this thread has turned into a pointless attempt try an vilify the moderation staff for refusing to bend to the will of the crying mob.

CrinkzPipe

Avatar: 35643 2015-02-20 21:59:22 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Hi, I'm an adult whos into bumes. But not boners!

Xylon Posted:

1. Why should we be rewarded for bad behavior?

Don’t know if I missed a point in this thread, but looking at our ban histories to have a laugh or two when we need one is rewarding bad behavior?

Xylon Posted:

2. If someone gets banned for something and another doesn’t, why should it concern you?

Because if two people made a post that wasn’t against the rules AT ALL, why should only 1 get banned?

Xylon Posted:

3. Moderators are people, not mindless automatons that scour the site looking for infractions.

I think everyone understands and knows this.

Xylon Posted:

4. There are 150k + users and more than 500 post on the forums. There are only ten mods, and only five seem active at any point.

Again, if you are getting at that they can’t be everywhere and catch everybody, I think every one understands this.

Xylon Posted:

5. Having access to your ban histories would require more coding for ET which would take time away from the gameplay tuneup and EP 3.

Kinda like Community Bans? As I understand, the game play tuneup coding is almost done, he just has to fix out the bugs.

Xylon Posted:

6. It is not the duty or the responsibility of the moderation staff to change rules or policy to satiate mob protest. This is not a democracy.

I have to agree.

Xylon Posted:

7. Finally, no amount of complaining is going to change the above facts and this thread has turned into a pointless attempt try an vilify the moderation staff for refusing to bend to the will of the crying mob.

I do admit this idea could be bad, and people are trying to convice mods it isn’t.

Think of it this way:

User 1 posts something

User 2 is outraged because looking at his ban history he was banned for the same thing

Giant ****storm happens where User 2 complains to the admins, mods, and players that User 1 wasn’t banned while User 2 was for a similar or same post.

That’s what I see from both sides in this thread.

CrinkzPipe edited this message on 08/14/2009 5:59PM

Xylon

Avatar: 76994 2010-01-16 02:54:34 -0500

[Kappa Kappa Kappa]

Level 35 Hacker

Posting personal information is fun. Everyone should try it at least once.

CrinkzPipe Posted:

I do admit this idea could be bad, and people are trying to convice mods it isn’t.

Think of it this way:

User 1 posts something

User 2 is outraged because looking at his ban history he was banned for the same thing

Giant ****storm happens where User 2 complains to the admins, mods, and players that User 1 wasn’t banned while User 2 was for a similar or same post.

That’s what I see from both sides in this thread.

Perhaps, but the thing is that there seems to be a growing sentiment in the forums that users are entitled to some form of fair and equitable compensation from the moderation staff for the inconvenience of banishment. Being banned is supposed to be a punishment. Being able to go back and see the mod comments may be fun for some, but realistically it is going to turn into a never-ending ****fest of people going back and nitpicking each decision and clogging up the forums with even more threads about why this or that particular moderator is a bad moderator.

The there have been some bans lately that seem harsh, but it is not the place of the community to dissect each individual case hoping to enact some after the fact justice by harbuming those in authority because they do not agree with their actions.

If you break the rules you will, if caught, be banned. This should be the end of the story. It isn’t because people want to buck and fight the system for the sake of bucking and fighting the system. This wastes the time and energy of everyone involved and more to the point draws attention away from other rule violations and inappropriate behavior.

I do not envy the mods.

TUBSWEETIE

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

i’m at a loss for words because xylon has pulled them straight out of me

Cheins Sanch-
ez

Avatar: 64305 2015-06-13 02:49:05 -0400

[The Airship]

Level 36 Troll

Rex Sacrorum

Xylon Posted:

Being banned is supposed to be a punishment. Being able to go back and see the mod comments may be fun for some, but realistically it is going to turn into a never-ending ****fest of people going back and nitpicking each decision and clogging up the forums with even more threads about why this or that particular moderator is a bad moderator.

There will always be nitpicking. Bad moderators should be freed of the responsibility, and proof of idiocy will smooth things along.

Xylon Posted:

The there have been some bans lately that seem harsh, but it is not the place of the community to dissect each individual case hoping to enact some after the fact justice by harbuming those in authority because they do not agree with their actions.

I do not envy the mods.

If you apply this philosophy to a business model, then it’s pretty obvious that the userbase is only going to shrink over time. Not really a big deal.

Indiana Jonas

Avatar: 13850 2014-12-19 09:36:26 -0500

[At Least I Never M-
ade A Failure Of A-
Website
]

Level 35 Troll

WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WW

1337xxxxxxxxxlolololololololololxxxxxxxxx1337 Posted:

Moderators, please look up the word “civil,” and please stop derailing my thread. Thank you.

TUBSWEETIE Posted:

not signed.

HURRDURR u have big ban emale reproductive organ u must be p cool lets get banned for lulz by ****ting up forumz

One of these posts is outright trolling. One of these posts is still trolling, but not overtly and certainly in line with the **** we’ve posted in CD before and not gotten banned for.

HURRDURR I am teh big bad moderator n i kin ban pplz for whatevers in CD I want lets try to prove a point by ****ting up the community.

High on Fire

Level 13 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

TUBSWEETIE Posted:

nanalatinoje-
sus gets you-
JUSTICE IN -
YOUR FORUMS

Avatar: nanalatinojesus gets you JUSTICE IN YOUR FORUMS's

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 26 Troll

I SHOULD POST MORE BUT I DON'T BECAUSE YOU'RE ALL REALLY LAME

Xylon Posted:

Perhaps, but the thing is that there seems to be a growing sentiment in the forums that users are entitled to

jesus christ i’m sick of this argument no one thinks they have a “right” to anything here they’re just asking for things and explaining why. if we see problems, we’ll voice our concern, all the while knowing that crotchzombie or the mod team doesn’t actually have any real responsibility to deal with our complaints. we will, of course, complain about their inaction, sure, they are completely free to do whatever they want, but it comes at the risk of driving away users.

TUBSWEETIE Posted:

i’m at a loss for words because xylon has pulled them straight out of me

you’re at loss for words because you’re incapable of stringing together any of those snatches of half baked ideas floating around in your head, which aren’t so much opinions but rather lil puffs of righteous anger at being called out as the bad mod you are. god knows how you ever wrote a persuasive essay in high school if the only thing you’re capable of producing when confronted with your own inadequacy is Unfunny, Uncreative, Half bumed Mockery and Sarcasm. (double emphasis on unfunny and uncreative)

nanalatinojesus gets you JUSTICE IN YOUR FORUMS was banned for this post by Evil Trout

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!