Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Feature countdown to Watchmen

Pickled male reproductive organ-
bum

[Board of Directors]

Level 10 Camwhore

AHAHA HEADSETS

who else is excited that around this time next year there will be a Watchmen movie?

http://rss.warnerbros.com/watchmen/

so cool

Beasto

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Comedian looks allright. Nite Owl looks like a middle aged dom queen who likes to take riding crop up the bum. Ozymandias looks like the emo kid that all the other emo kids beat up on, so he decided to take up LARPing and buy a very special cod piece. Rorschach looks like Rorschach… really, not much accomplished there, right? He’s just a guy in a ****ty overcoat, fedora and mask. And Silk Spectre looks like a ****ing bulemic latex fetishist.

Still, looking forward to it…

Sollen

Level 7 Troll

“Jerk Chicken”

**** YEAH RORSCHACH

maddsurgeon

Level 21 Camwhore

“Playground Pin-Up”

Why? Because Hollywood hasn’t ****ed up enough Alan Moore books?

It looks good, I’ll admit. But I don’t read Alan Moore to be dazzled by visual effects, I read him for the stories. Which, when it comes to Watchmen and V are really children of the 80s, and come off as incredibly cheesy when taken out of their element. (Oh well, at least there’s no Natalie Portman… )

I think come next spring I’ll just hug my graphic novel and hide in a corner w/headphones on and pretend this movie doesn’t exist.

maddsurgeon edited this message on 03/19/2008 2:32PM

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

This is my favorite comic book of all time, so they better not **** it up (shakes fist!)

Trohpy ****

Level 18 Camwhore

wH3n U R hawt U dont n33d to sP3ll

I’ll believe it when I see it.

I remember hearing the same thing in 2003.. and in 2004…

I even have wallpapers from the promotionals from those efforts. As awesome as a GOOD movie of this story would be… I’m not holding my breath.

Dear lord, I waiting for years for Aliens vs. Predator and look what they did to that! Log in to see images!

crackednut

Level 13 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

I’ll be the first to admit here that 300 never really touched the raw nerve the way the graphic novel did. Blame it on Hollywood or bad production, but it didn’t take long for the movie to taper into a sad mash-up. I did have fun watching his “Dawn of the Dead”, so i’m really hoping Zack Snyder stays true to the darkness of Watchmen.

@topic: Yup, count me in!

maddsurgeon

Level 21 Camwhore

“Playground Pin-Up”

300 translates easy to cinema. Watchmen doesn’t. It’s way too talky. I bumume they’ll fix that by cutting out large chunks of plot and replacing them w/cleavage.

maddsurgeon edited this message on 03/18/2008 6:34PM

WetBurn

[hglauglauglauglau]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

or it’ll be more of a drama than an action movie.

DarwinAwardJ-
udge

[TheDucksAreComing--
IIII11
]

Level 4 Troll

“Slightly Unpleasant Individual”

maddsurgeon Posted:

Why? Because Hollywood hasn’t ****ed up enough Alan Moore books?

It looks good, I’ll admit. But I don’t read Alan Moore to be dazzled by visual effects, I read him for the stories. Which, when it comes to Watchmen and V are really children of the 80s, and come off as incredibly cheesy when taken out of their element. (Oh well, at least there’s no Natalie Portman…Log in to see images!

I think come next spring I’ll just hug my graphic novel and hide in a corner w/headphones on and pretend this movie doesn’t exist.

V was still so cool though…. And I’ll watch it just because it MIGHT be good. If not I’ll bash it like I do all other ****ty movies that people love

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

DarwinAwardJudge Posted:

V was still so cool though…. And I’ll watch it just because it MIGHT be good. If not I’ll bash it like I do all other ****ty movies that people love

I agree. They took a lot of liberties with V but the movie was still great and true to its roots. I wouldn’t mind if they did the same with Watchmen. In fact, how could they not? The book is really long.

Everybodykno-
ws

[Sisterhood of the -
Quivering Rose
]

Level 30 Camwhore

“Courte-chan”

my only hope is that they don’t **** it up like hollywood has done to so many other movies based on comic books.

i will probably watch it though, i loved the comics.

Everybodyknows edited this message on 03/27/2008 2:24AM

crayoncakes

[Team Shortbus]

Level 31 Troll

To Earthend and beyond!

I heard the pirate story subplot is only going to be on the DVD.

...And it’s an anime. Log in to see images!

DarwinAwardJ-
udge

[TheDucksAreComing--
IIII11
]

Level 4 Troll

“Slightly Unpleasant Individual”

Evil Trout Posted:

I agree. They took a lot of liberties with V but the movie was still great and true to its roots. I wouldn’t mind if they did the same with Watchmen. In fact, how could they not? The book is really long.

I’m still waiting to get my Green Arrow live action movie. I have a feeling I’ll be dead before then

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!