Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Politics How can you expect people to read the stickies in RP forums for the rules?

Wylin

Avatar: 19712 Thu Mar 26 21:15:20 -0400 2009

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Causing Jealousy On The Internet On A Daily Basis.

Normally other forums I’ve been to expect new posters to read the stickies before posting. There are currently 9 stickies in the camwhore forum. I don’t think we can expect that anyone new would ever know the rules.

TUBSWEETIE

Avatar: 3450 2011-07-31 00:45:06 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

MY MEMORY IS THAT OF A SMALL GRAPE

We’ve already addressed this issue in private mod/admin discussion.

things are going to change soonish that will make it much less awful

also if you’re planning on making more super serious rules threads when I’m pretty sure space and I have mentioned we’re in the process if refining stuff with CZ in IRC channels you sit in, make one “wylin suggestions” thread please

TUBSWEETIE edited this message on 04/21/2009 11:23PM

Wylin

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

TUBSWEETIE Posted:

We’ve already addressed this issue in private mod/admin discussion.

things are going to change soonish that will make it much less awful

also if you’re planning on making more super serious rules threads when I’m pretty sure space and I have mentioned we’re in the process if refining stuff with CZ in IRC channels you sit in, make one “wylin suggestions” thread please

lol, sorry. We need a public list of stuff you already are talking about so we don’t bring them up!

Wylin edited this message on 04/22/2009 12:17AM

kittiejenn

Avatar: 18080 2011-11-01 00:29:42 -0400

[Backdoor Amigos]

Level 35 Emo Kid

So damn naughty it wraps back around to nice.

Wylin Posted:

lol, sorry. We need a public of stuff you already are talking about so we don’t bring them up!

Then people would just whine endlessly about things that were being “discussed” that never actually get implemented. Well, more than they already do.

Leechbait

Avatar: 38669 Mon Nov 03 13:38:26 -0500 2008

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 30 Troll

“Permafail”

i agre with ylins 2nd post

spacekadt

Avatar: 16186 2011-11-01 00:02:40 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

meh

- there are also very temporary threads for the top model contest.

– if someone can’t tell which ones they should read versus the optional ones, I don’t have much hope for them being able to parse the rules all that well.

– like tubs said, we’re working on it. I’ll fly out to whatever city and kick whichever mod/admin in the shins that puts our half bumed thoughts in public as rules while things are only getting off the ground, much less being fleshed out.

spacekadt edited this message on 04/22/2009 12:18AM

twas

Avatar: 40896 2011-11-01 00:47:59 -0400

[fine upstanding member of society]

Level 35 Troll

Wher Have My Poor Imaginary Wife and Child Gone

spacekadt Posted:

- there are also very temporary threads for the top model contest.

But why do they need to be “protected”? If the author’s wanted troll protection couldn’t they have posted those threads in Ayn Rands?

Wylin

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

and if they got too low down the list, they could have bumped them?

spacekadt

Avatar: 16186 2011-11-01 00:02:40 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

meh

was Posted:

But why do they need to be “protected”? If the author’s wanted troll protection couldn’t they have posted those threads in Ayn Rands?

That one you’ll have to ask Cid and JB. They started it, I’m just trying to keep the playing field level… it’s hardly fair for some to be stickied and not others.

Sergeant Cid

Avatar: 167814 2011-07-31 00:46:27 -0400

[The Airship]

Level 35 Re-Re

Scientifically Proven Terrible fabulous person..... Evidence shows mbumive build up of semen deposit in bum.

was Posted:

You know, to be honest, I didn’t even think about ‘troll protection’. The whole thing about ‘don’t troll stickied threads’ kind of went right past me for a while, mainly because I thought it only referred to the rules threads. And of course, it used to be that only the rules threads or important notices were stickied.

Hence my confusion.

I just went through and looked at a lot of the threads that are stickied, and to be honest, some of them really don’t need to be. (Especially in the Trollhole this morning)

We’ll add that to the list of items to discuss.

Aldo_Anything

Avatar: 32555 2014-07-18 11:39:53 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

male reproductive organMEISTER

Sergeant Cid Posted:

The whole thing about ‘don’t troll stickied threads’ kind of went right past me for a while

Same here, even got b& for posting dragnz in a RP STICKY thread.

Less rules threads with exact elaborated rules are a good thing and you can expect users to read them

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!