Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Help Help me get BP

Acid Flux

Avatar: 6767 Tue Mar 17 11:41:54 -0400 2009

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

KYOUBAI IS SUPER-SERIOUS BUSINESS

generichaxor Posted:

like i told Johnny Mac,

obtaining a “VISA gift certificate credit card thing”

requires going to a store.

Problem: none are within walking distance of my house -> i would have to use a car to get there. I can drive myself, but I would need my parents’ car (i don’t have enough cash for a car). If I took the car, they would notice and would inspect me and find out about the gift card. So getting this card would be somewhat hard.

Okay, seriously, with that much tyrannical parental oversight, how are you even allowed to be online?

ghax

Avatar: 80241 Thu Jul 02 20:10:59 -0400 2009

Level 35 Camwhore

I love 12 inch fine upstanding member of society male reproductive organs in my arse

Acid Flux Posted:

Okay, seriously, with that much tyrannical parental oversight, how are you even allowed to be online?

how is it “tyrannical parental oversight”?

most people don’t want their cars taken without their knowledge

i have a driver’s license, but i’m not allowed by them to drive the car alone

so they would be rightfully concerned

note: i’m not trying to defend them, i hate them , but i’m just wondering

Acid Flux

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

I was talking about them inspecting you. The fact that you can’t go to a store to shop on your own at the age of 16+ (I’m bumuming because of DL) without being interrogated or physically searched is absurd.

And I’m actually a parent.

ghax

Level 35 Camwhore

I love 12 inch fine upstanding member of society male reproductive organs in my arse

Acid Flux Posted:

I was talking about them inspecting you. The fact that you can’t go to a store to shop on your own at the age of 16+ (I’m bumuming because of DL) without being interrogated or physically searched is absurd.

yes, im 16+

but if ur kid took ur car and left the house without ur permission,

wouldn’t u be suspicious?

Acid Flux Posted:

And I’m actually a parent.

due to your post in the thread about pr0n, i kinda figured that out already Log in to see images! ghax edited this message on 02/03/2009 11:10PM

Xemnas

Avatar: 90197 Sat Jan 24 23:38:00 -0500 2009

Level 22 Emo Kid

I miss generichaxor! I would be all up on his male reproductive organ if he wasn't banned!

just be like “hey, i’m going over to the store to grab some stuff”

works every time

Xemnas edited this message on 02/03/2009 11:15PM

Acid Flux

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

Of course I’d be suspicious (especially since my son isn’t even in kindergarten yet). But are you not allowed to have a friend drive by and pick up to go shopping or hanging out?

I just don’t get that. You never get a chance to go out and just be a teenager hanging out with friends?

ghax

Level 35 Camwhore

Xemnas Posted:

just be like “YO dawgs i’m a go be pimpin on over to da store so don’t worry cuz i got my homies ‘roud da block”

works every time

1. they would take a bar of soap and wash out my mouth for that kind of language

2. they wouldn’t buy that story. All my “homies” are online people, me, or from school (ie people that don’t live even remotely near me)

Xemnas

Level 22 Emo Kid

I miss generichaxor! I would be all up on his male reproductive organ if he wasn't banned!

generichaxor Posted:

1. they would take a bar of soap and wash out my mouth for that kind of language

2. they wouldn’t buy that story. All my “homies” are online people, me, or from school (ie people that don’t live even remotely near me)

sorry bout that, try my revised plan

ghax

Level 35 Camwhore

Acid Flux Posted:

shopping?

never

Acid Flux Posted:

hanging out?

internet friends (and all of the other me) only

Acid Flux Posted:

be a teenager hanging out with friends?

i may be misinterpreting this, but am i not doing that right now?

Xemnas Posted:

sorry bout that, try my revised plan

that would work with normal parents. If I was going to the store to “grab some stuff” it would have to be groceries, for which they would accompany me (and follow me around to make sure i wasn’t buying anything i wasn’t supposed to)

ghax edited this message on 02/03/2009 11:26PM

Xemnas

Level 22 Emo Kid

generichaxor Posted:

i may be misinterpreting this, but am i not doing that right now?

no offense but man, you need to get off of forumwarz, hang out with some friends IRL, then go jump off things cuz your teen years are going to go by fast.

Acid Flux

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

Having Internet socialization is fine. But it’s really no substitute for IRL socializing.

ghax

Level 35 Camwhore

Xemnas Posted:

no offense but man, you need to get off of forumwarz, hang out with some friends IRL, then go jump off things cuz your teen years are going to go by fast.

my friends IRL are all me (or people that live far away and go to my school)

Acid Flux

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

generichaxor Posted:

that would work with normal parents. If I was going to the store to “grab some stuff” it would have to be groceries, for which they would accompany me (and follow me around to make sure i wasn’t buying anything i wasn’t supposed to)

Like what? Cigarettes & Beer? Seriously, at 16+, a parent needs to allow their child more opportunities to bumert themselves as a pre-adult.

Why do your parents have such a tight level of observation & control over you?

Xemnas

Level 22 Emo Kid

generichaxor Posted:

my friends IRL are all me (or people that live far away and go to my school)

get them all together on a day when you all are not busy and jump of of ****,or something.

Acid Flux

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

generichaxor Posted:

my friends IRL are all me

Huh? All of your IRL friends are you?

CaptainDDL

Avatar: 34340 2009-09-30 16:41:31 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 63 Troll

Fran's Beautiful Lover XOXOXOXOXO

generichaxor Posted:

And you don’t think that’s a little overboard? You’re legally able to drive, yet you can’t buy groceries without someone ‘making sure you don’t buy anything you’re not supposed to’?

ghax

Level 35 Camwhore

Acid Flux Posted:

Like what? Cigarettes & Beer? Seriously, at 16+, a parent needs to allow their child more opportunities to bumert themselves as a pre-adult.

Why do your parents have such a tight level of observation & control over you?

mainly to make sure that i don’t waste money on anything frivolous

which is why BP is the only thing i would ever consciously spend IRL   on

(the store to buy BP is several hundreds of miles away from my house)

Acid Flux

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

You know, normally when I hear teenagers complain about their parents being ‘too restrictive’, I dismiss it was teen angst/whining. In this case? It seriously seems to me that (unless there was some sort of triggering event to cause this) there is a huge unwarranted lack of trust in that parent-child relationship.

Exactly how far away from town & school do you live?

ghax

Level 35 Camwhore

CaptainDDL Posted:

And you don’t think that’s a little overboard? You’re legally able to drive, yet you can’t buy groceries without someone ‘making sure you don’t buy anything you’re not supposed to’?

i’m allowed to drive. My parents won’t allow me to take the car under any cirgreat timesstances without one of them present (ie no driving alone)

Acid Flux Posted:

how far away is school and town

school and town are about 25 miles away. the one time i had to walk to school (TM me if u rly want to know the details), it took me quite a while. i do not look forward to doing this over again

ghax

Level 35 Camwhore

Acid Flux Posted:

Huh? All of your IRL friends are you?

all of my IRL friends that live within reasonable walking distance of my house are me. My other IRL friends are farther from me than my school is.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!