Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Help how do i beat forums fast?

kayimbo

Level 34 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

i don’t get it, i kill most threads in one hit, use the hot keys, and i still can’t pbum any of the timed jobs.

Shii

Avatar: 23167 2010-01-24 16:31:18 -0500

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I haven't seen a bad idea that I didn't like.

You might just have a slow computer. :-/

I don’t have an problem with it, just making sure I use the ‘1’ key to switch threads instead of moving the mouse.

I suggest using Ad Aware and SpyBot to clean out your computer to make sure it’s not slowed down from acgreat timesulated junk.

kayimbo

Level 34 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

ah, my computer is very old. i was wondering if that was effecting how fast the attacks register and so on.

Shii

Avatar: 23167 2010-01-24 16:31:18 -0500

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I haven't seen a bad idea that I didn't like.

It definitely does.

quangntenemy

Avatar: 14557 2011-10-31 11:07:55 -0400

[WeChall]

Level 69 Troll

:ronpaul: :****ing sucks:

Also, some speedrun jobs are impossible. Don’t try them.

An amiable p-
ersonage

Avatar: 97971 Thu Dec 18 12:48:23 -0500 2008

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Click the bumons quickly to attack!

Inertia

Avatar: 60995 Fri Apr 03 12:59:05 -0400 2009

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

also wow i have no male reproductive organ

use safari

Scary_Retard-
_6

[70 Character Story-
tellers
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

Here’s a question to add to the discussion.

Is there any improvement by using Google’s Chrome? It’s suppose to have one of the fastest javascript engines out there.

SR6

Inertia

Avatar: 60995 Fri Apr 03 12:59:05 -0400 2009

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

also wow i have no male reproductive organ

Scary_Retard_6 Posted:

Here’s a question to add to the discussion.

Is there any improvement by using Google’s Chrome? It’s suppose to have one of the fastest javascript engines out there.

SR6

Fwz doesn’t work very well with chrome. Stuff going all over the screen, and that status bar that pops up from the bottom can be annoying too.

meeeeeeeeee

Avatar: 15443 2010-04-04 18:27:25 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Sneakily vicious and filled with virtuous pit bulls.

I’ve had no problem with Chrome, it’s certainly considerably faster than Firefox for me, which is now all but unusuable, except on my faster work machine (so not very useful really)

Things that make a difference to speedruns;

1. Browser choice – Firefox and IE7 are too slow. Chrome, Safari, Opera are better.

2. Reduce the size of the browser window. This has been helpful in all the browsers I’ve tried, especially on older hardware. If the window is smaller, the PC is doing less work to update it.

3. Adblock all the images for clbum attacks etc, and any links to images on external websites. There are some rudimentary adblock options for Chrome now. Also, adblock links to images on external sites (e.g. Hoffs picture in Hall of Faded Fame, which I’ve seen enough times already, thanks)

4. Internet connection (obv.) If it’s slow you’ve got no chance.

5. FW server lag. Sometimes it’s just slow and there’s nothing you can do about it. Hold off for a while and try again, or try using your visits when the server is quiet (i.e. everyone in the US is asleep)...

6. Be a troll. Trolls have all the speedrun times since the clbum is very overpowered compared to the rest. You can still speedrun slower forums as other clbumes, but once you get to forums with 3000+ ego, you have a problem to solve.

* small adendum – hackers have an advantage for easier forums (up until they have to start using 2 or more attacks to kill a thread) since their status based attacks work quicker

7. Get some more offense, the higher the faster you’ll run forums. Pink Floyd makes a heck of a difference. Put as many upgrade points into offense as you can without crippling yourself by having too low defense or ego.

meeeeeeeeee edited this message on 01/26/2009 5:54AM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!