Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Bug - 1 kyoubai issues, put em here or listen to mine heh

Dirt_E_ATM

Level 35 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

I have to agree with the problems with being outbid by some mystery number. It is a horrible waste of time trying to guess what the current hidden high bid may be.

It would be nice if you received a message letting you know how much you need to bid to get the current high bid. It does not broadcast the high bid to the public, but it saves time for someone who is actually interested in the item.

Johnny Mac

Avatar: 37704 2022-12-12 08:49:44 +0000

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 60 Troll

I grant you an bumhole x

Crinkz Posted:

This, be able to change it.

Nonono. only lower it, being able to raise it would cause issues.

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

Dirt_E_ATM Posted:

I have to agree with the problems with being outbid by some mystery number. It is a horrible waste of time trying to guess what the current hidden high bid may be.

It would be nice if you received a message letting you know how much you need to bid to get the current high bid. It does not broadcast the high bid to the public, but it saves time for someone who is actually interested in the item.

That is not how auctions work. The basic idea is to bid what you are willing to pay and then live with the situation. Fixed price shopping is a different thing.

Johnny Mac

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 60 Troll

I grant you an bumhole x

scullyangel Posted:

That is not how auctions work. The basic idea is to bid what you are willing to pay and then live with the situation. Fixed price shopping is a different thing.

It’s how some auctions work, but other work the way we do it now. I like it the way we’re dong it now.

Baquack Obam-
ailure

Avatar: 98739 Sat Jan 17 09:17:22 -0500 2009

[The Protected]

Level 32 Hacker

“01001000 01000001 01011000”

Found two bugs: items with italics in their names will also have their attributes italicized, and can’t auction a spare copy of a .moar file if you have a copy equipped.

edit: Already filed a bug report, obviously. Log in to see images! Baquack Obamailure edited this message on 01/16/2009 6:01PM

opearator

Level 35 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

do we really know how buyout prices work yet?

It seems that even of you bid high enough to get it, someone has to outbid you enough to push you past the buyout for anyone to get it. This seems a bit unfair, especially if you were there first, since they could, in some instances, push their bid on top first, getting the file, even if you had a high max bid.

Johnny Mac

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 60 Troll

I grant you an bumhole x

opearator Posted:

do we really know how buyout prices work yet?

It seems that even of you bid high enough to get it, someone has to outbid you enough to push you past the buyout for anyone to get it. This seems a bit unfair, especially if you were there first, since they could, in some instances, push their bid on top first, getting the file, even if you had a high max bid.

This got fixed with an alternate bumon to just buy it.

Lenny Piaggio

Avatar: 39126 Sun Jan 25 22:18:38 -0500 2009

[7 VIBRATING DOLDOES]

Level 35 Troll

now with more FURRY

Lenny Piaggio Posted:

1. Offer 10bp to Rich_Player0 in exchange for 5 million flez.

2. Transfer BP, then auction a cheap file for him to buy at 5m.

3. Whine to Evil Trout when Rich_Player0 does not bid as promised.

Or vice versa, repeat ad nauseum. Trout could simply ban one or both of the retards, but internet retards are an infinitely renewable resource so eventually he will be driven insane.

I moved this to avoid hijacking the flezz leaderboard thread. Barring a rule change accompanied by a method to track BP transfers by people who soon after become suddenly wealthy, the situation above is going to happen over and over. In cases where neither party is scammed, it’s still essentially a cheat-status-free version of Lottery Winner.

Listen2Reason

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

When I look at a specific auction, it doesn’t show the time the auction closes. I may be the highest bidder, but how long do I have to wait to get the item? How long do I have to keep an eye on it to make sure I’m not outbid? I’d like to be able to know these things by looking at the auction page.

SimplyTHEBEST

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

SG94 Posted:

I’m pretty sure ET will throw in more similar items pretty quickly. That being said, the stats on the headsets are just over the top ****ing ridiculous.

What I *hope* will happen is that the headsets will be perpetually available in the auction house, one at a time.

twas

Avatar: 40896 2011-11-01 00:47:59 -0400

[fine upstanding member of society]

Level 35 Troll

Wher Have My Poor Imaginary Wife and Child Gone

SimplyTHEBEST Posted:

Bug: If you type in a bid, it is IGNORED and the game bumumes that you made the minimum bid. This does not seem to happen if you exceed somebody else’s maximum bid. (If they current bid is 200 and they bid bid 20,000, and you then bid 10,000, the bid it records for you is 220 and for them is 242)

Fix: If you do not bid high enough to beat another player’s max bid, your max bid is accepted and immediately beaten by the higher bid. (If they current bid is 200 and they bid bid 20,000, and you then bid 10,000, the bid it records for you is 10,000 and for them is 11,000)

Extremely frustrating.

Wylin

Avatar: 19712 Thu Mar 26 21:15:20 -0400 2009

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Causing Jealousy On The Internet On A Daily Basis.

scullyangel Posted:

When we bid but our bid is less than the maximum of another person, it should put the other person’s current bid to what we just bid instead of the next smallest increment above where it was. That way we don’t need to guess the first person’s maximum.

twas

Level 35 Troll

Nevermind I am being stupid.

twas edited this message on 01/16/2009 10:56PM

Wylin

Avatar: 19712 Thu Mar 26 21:15:20 -0400 2009

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Causing Jealousy On The Internet On A Daily Basis.

was Posted:

Nevermind I am being stupid.

Yeah the file I’m selling is way above what I could put for the maximum buyout price(which I did set). I’m thankful for that.

SIG-ENABLING-
MOCK-CONGLER

Avatar: 50390 Tue May 26 17:55:44 -0400 2009

Level 35 Troll

AHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA AHHAAHAHAHAHAH

Wylin Posted:

When we bid but our bid is less than the maximum of another person, it should put the other person’s current bid to what we just bid instead of the next smallest increment above where it was. That way we don’t need to guess the first person’s maximum.

this too

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

Baquack Obamailure Posted:

Found two bugs: items with italics in their names will also have their attributes italicized, and can’t auction a spare copy of a .moar file if you have a copy equipped.

edit: Already filed a bug report, obviously. Log in to see images!

That is not correct. You can sell copies of things that are equiped. It is very likely that you are trying to sell an item that is damaged. Items do not show up if they are less than 100%.

SimplyTHEBEST

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

Wylin Posted:

Yeah the file I’m selling is way above what I could put for the maximum buyout price(which I did set). I’m thankful for that.

I did that to at least one person’s auction, and I’m pretty certain it was one of yours.

Mostly, I’ve just been bidding so that other people have to spend more cash.

Fook mi

Avatar: 38190 Sat Jan 17 06:06:58 -0500 2009

[International Comm-
ittee of Doctors
]

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

Removing the ”,” in pricing is hard to get used to.

twas

Level 35 Troll

myfaceisonfire Posted:

With the inflation and the fact that it still needs some fixes, I’m definatly going to wait awhile before trying to use it again.

Why is there no “My Bids” bumon?

Emphasis mine.

Fortunato

Avatar: 72902 2010-02-03 18:45:17 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 51 Troll

ZOMBIE CANNONBALL OF GORE

I would like to auction the token of my idiocy, the doctor-o book “my dinner with randy”, which to my knowledge is unavailable anywhere in the stores (has it shown up in the ppwn shop?)

However, I am unable to sell it because the maximum price is 0. This bugs me a bit, because dammit, I gave up a peen for this, and I can’t auction it off? awww.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!