Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Business blackjack-o-matic

Neona

Avatar: 88117 Sat Feb 07 19:37:29 -0500 2009

[Board of Directors]

Level 43 Camwhore

Serious future peenwhore. XO!

!!! MAJOR improvements to the script made, read main post for details. !!!

download at http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/38291

FalconFour

Avatar: 69421 Wed Aug 12 05:13:59 -0400 2009

Level 35 Troll

Minty Fresh

Wow, now it’s acting really weird. Server errors, and I just got the first “That’s strange, I forgot about your bet” error.

wtf

**** no way that was nerfed already… although I do think it plays a little fast…

CaptainDDL

Avatar: 34340 2009-09-30 16:41:31 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 63 Troll

Fran's Beautiful Lover XOXOXOXOXO

I’m having issues with the timeouts. I pushed all of them up to 1000ms, but when you get to the screen where your cards are displayed, the Error Console shows the cards are read, and then this:

Error: items[pos] is undefined

Source File: file:///%APPDATA%/Mozilla/Firefox/Profiles/nhi8zqc0.default/extensions/%7Be4a8a97b-f2ed-450b-b12d-ee082ba24781%7D/components/greasemonkey.js

Line: 493

I inserted the %APPDATA%, I didn’t figure you’d need the full path.

CaptainDDL edited this message on 12/08/2008 9:47PM

FalconFour

Level 35 Troll

Minty Fresh

Aye, in the error reports, the file path and line is irrelevant anyway, Greasemonkey screws it all up.

I get that exact same error whenever it crashes for me too. But right now the problem seems to be more that it plays like crap (standing on a 12, or hitting on a 20… or double’ing down AT ALL) than it crashing… it’s just om nom nom’ing right through my   Log in to see images!

Neona

[Board of Directors]

Level 43 Camwhore

hm. well make sure your chat speed is at max, that may help. right now i need to figure out how to properly fix those bad indexes. I am, however, pretty sure that fixing that will also fix the very special playing. (it’s playing very special because it didn’t read all your cards)

Interestngly, the script runs flawlessly on a fast computer. (dual-core Xeon in this case)

anyways, i’ll try to fix that by tomarrow. Hopefully once that is done i can start fleshing out the features.

SuperMonkeyM-
an

Level 69 Troll

New Mod in training.

I wonder, how long until the script is banned for generating excessive bandwidth?

FalconFour

Level 35 Troll

Minty Fresh

Neona Posted:

hm. well make sure your chat speed is at max, that may help. right now i need to figure out how to properly fix those bad indexes. I am, however, pretty sure that fixing that will also fix the very special playing. (it’s playing very special because it didn’t read all your cards)

Interestngly, the script runs flawlessly on a fast computer. (dual-core Xeon in this case)

anyways, i’ll try to fix that by tomarrow. Hopefully once that is done i can start fleshing out the features.

It totally has to be something to do with the tight setTimeout timings. See the post earlier saying they’d set them to 5000 and it played great?

Neona

[Board of Directors]

Level 43 Camwhore

FalconFour Posted:

It totally has to be something to do with the tight setTimeout timings. See the post earlier saying they’d set them to 5000 and it played great?

yeah, and i know why that works. that’s not an ideal fix though. it will still not always work. the best solution is to actually sync, instead just of setting the timeouts higher so that the chances of losing sync are lower. but i guess that’s a tolerable fix for now, if you want to mess with it

I also need to improve the message syncing so it works right at any chay speed. eventually the times should be inconsequential, so that’s what i’m aiming for right now. If anybody has any ideas on how to detect that GambleBot has stopped talking, that’d be really useful… Log in to see images!

CaptainDDL

Avatar: 34340 2009-09-30 16:41:31 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 63 Troll

Fran's Beautiful Lover XOXOXOXOXO

Yeah, changing the chat speed to ‘speed reader’ caused it to work. Cool script…it’s making a few logic errors (as mentioned previously by FalconFour), but definitely making progress!

FalconFour

Level 35 Troll

Minty Fresh

Neona Posted:

If anybody has any ideas on how to detect that GambleBot has stopped talking, that’d be really useful… Log in to see images!

Well, the chat reply options only appear after they’re done talking, so perhaps that could be searched for as sort of an indicator?

Neona

[Board of Directors]

Level 43 Camwhore

FalconFour Posted:

Well, the chat reply options only appear after they’re done talking, so perhaps that could be searched for as sort of an indicator?

i should have thought of that. I’ll implement it sometime tonight.

nevkick

Avatar: 16052 Thu Dec 04 03:36:13 -0500 2008

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Supports nuclear holocaust in the form of clan love.

SuperMonkeyMan Posted:

I wonder, how long until the script is banned for generating excessive bandwidth?

dvma?

SuperMonkeyM-
an

Level 69 Troll

New Mod in training.

nevkick Posted:

dvma?

dvma?

FalconFour

Level 35 Troll

Minty Fresh

SuperMonkeyMan Posted:

nevkick Posted:

dvma?

dvma?

dvma?

FalconFour

Level 35 Troll

Minty Fresh

Also no more excessive bandwidth than actually playing blackjack yourself, just goes through it much quicker and without scrolling til your wheel breaks off.

Neona

[Board of Directors]

Level 43 Camwhore

FalconFour Posted:

SuperMonkeyMan Posted:

nevkick Posted:

dvma?

dvma?
dvma?

http://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/DVMA

DVMA Delay Variation Multicast Algorithm

this maybe? or something to indicate the use for randomness for timing?

Anyway, it’s a planned future feature. Basic implementation will probably happen after I get play (nearly) flawless and not speed-dependent.

Neona edited this message on 12/10/2008 8:34PM

Tanuki Yamag-
uchi

[The British Gentle-
men Society
]

Level 31 Hacker

“01001000 01000001 01011000”

It worked yesterday for me, but didn’t work today. Is it because gamblebot changes the options at the end of the hand to ask if you wanna play another hand with the same bet amount?

Neona

[Board of Directors]

Level 43 Camwhore

Tanuki Yamaguchi Posted:

It worked yesterday for me, but didn’t work today. Is it because gamblebot changes the options at the end of the hand to ask if you wanna play another hand with the same bet amount?

Possible. It may alter delay times enough that the sync problem gets worse. I think it performd worse today when I tried it, so that would confirm that as the source. Anyway, once I change the sync to wait for options instead of message to appear, the problem should be fixed. I’ll also change it to use the new option.

Hopefully the next version should also include some user settings for delay and/or delay randomness.

I am also planning on adding some type of data readout. Will probably be at first that it will print # of wins, losses, games, net flezz, etc. once it it done playing. Hopefully that will be replaced with a flaoting stats readout window eventually, but that’ll be more work.

nevkick

Avatar: 16052 Thu Dec 04 03:36:13 -0500 2008

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Supports nuclear holocaust in the form of clan love.

Nevermind, a dude got banned on KoL because he was running a bot that causes mbumive bandwidth usage.

Link

Mice Paced O-
hm

Avatar: 94341 Thu Dec 11 00:15:56 -0500 2008

Level 8 Hacker

“Script Kiddie”

banned on KoL != banned on FWZ Log in to see images!

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!