Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Interface Stop wearing out my scroller on Blackjack.
Poll: Do away with the intermediate bets?
You must be logged in to vote.

FalconFour

Avatar: 69421 Wed Aug 12 05:13:59 -0400 2009

Level 35 Troll

Minty Fresh

So it’s obvious that the quickest way to get your daily dose of antifreeze is to play Blackjack. Well, the most important part is choosing a  10k or 25k bet.

Unfortunately for my sanity and the smoothness of the game, that’s not as “thoughtless click” as it should be. You have to scroll to the bottom each time, some 20-30 times you play the game to get your antifreeze for the day.

Now, far as I can understand, nobody would have a reason to pick one of the intermediate (500, 1k, 2k… ) options. If they’re playing to learn, they’d choose  1. If they’re playing for scoops, it’s  10k or 25k. I don’t think anyone plays for  , but of course one of those options could stay, maybe  1k.

Or maybe what we need is a “Same as last bet” option at the top of the list so we only have to scroll-and-pick once.

Thoughts?

(edit: The fact that the ellipses-wink bug is still here kinda indicates that ET isn’t too concerned about usability issues atm… so who knows.)

FalconFour edited this message on 11/30/2008 11:06PM

Cannabis_clo-
ck

[The rage against C-
annabis-Clock
]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

my opinion is that you are a lazy basement dweller to busy with playing his nerdy game to bother scrolling down with a mousewheel

Cannabis_clock was banned for this post by Evil Trout

Cannabis_clock edited this message on 07/23/2009 2:25PM

Fran

Avatar: 34789 2015-08-06 21:23:09 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

Move the Gamble-Bot window to the end of the page.

SIG-ENABLING-
MOCK-CONGLER

Avatar: 50390 Tue May 26 17:55:44 -0400 2009

Level 35 Troll

AHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA AHHAAHAHAHAHAH

i agree about one part of this, because when you scroll down to bottom of bets with mousewheel but go just one click too far, then the whole page starts moving and it offsets you so you have to either drag the sidebar to make bets or choose to always wheel back up. its been somewhat annoying since i first met gamblebot and it should be changed imo

Shii

Avatar: 23167 2010-01-24 16:31:18 -0500

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I haven't seen a bad idea that I didn't like.

I agree with you for once, Falcon. I was thinking the same thing earlier yetsredya after accidentally clicking 1k when I didn’t scroll down far enough.

I like the “Same as last bet” option. Stick it up at the top.

Raepdog

Avatar: 57155 2011-07-31 00:44:38 -0400

[To Your Scattered -
Raepdogs Go
]

Level 35 Camwhore

We are foe.

“Stick with last bet”.

maxvance

Level 28 Troll

“Gaping Asshole”

I agree with this. To give it one less click, the stick with last bet option should be avaliable after Gamble-Bot asks you if you want to play again.

momentumener-
gy

Level 35 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

someone go make a script that automates gambling now

Acid Flux

Avatar: 6767 Tue Mar 17 11:41:54 -0400 2009

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

KYOUBAI IS SUPER-SERIOUS BUSINESS

maxvance Posted:

I agree with this. To give it one less click, the stick with last bet option should be avaliable after Gamble-Bot asks you if you want to play again.

Go one further; instead of just the ‘Play Again’ option, add in ‘Play Again with the same Bet’.

Bonkenhi

Avatar: 75529 Sat Nov 22 17:24:38 -0500 2008

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

Acid Flux Posted:

Go one further; instead of just the ‘Play Again’ option, add in ‘Play Again with the same Bet’.

Perfect. Signed.

FalconFour

Avatar: 69421 Wed Aug 12 05:13:59 -0400 2009

Level 35 Troll

Minty Fresh

Moon Child Posted:

someone go make a script that automates gambling now

I would, but there’s no way for AutoIt to hook into what a web browser is thinking. So while it may be possible to make it automatically pick a bet, it would be more trouble than it’s worth.

Now, if it were possible to read the card values, and answer the sTalk options, I’d’ve already made a gamble-bot for gamble-bot by now. Log in to see images!

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!