Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Role Playing
Switch to Civil Discussion Role-Playing
Gay Brownie Points Overpriced? (BPO) Rant inside.

Call Me Diego

Avatar: 41721 2010-01-14 23:10:10 -0500

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Emo Kid

Boo!

FalconFour Posted:

I still haven’t been able to try out all the clbumes, hell I’ve only been able to try out a troll and a hacker so far (hacker is lulzier, but troll gets the job done quicker since it’s what the whole damn game is based on). Therefore, there’s a good chunk of the game I haven’t been able to play, and forums I don’t have access to, because I don’t have the BP to buy an alt for a different clbum.

Each character is the ridiculously overpriced price tag of 3bp, so:

Troll: 0bp (start with one character)

Hacker: 3bp

Camwhore: 3bp

Emo Kid: 3bp

Permanoob: 3bp

Ep. 2 access: 7bp

Total: 19bp to enjoy the whole game

To enjoy it without limitations, “shoot your wad” for 2bp each character – although this removes half the functionality of the game (the multiplayer, like dom… ), which IMO is a ****ing ridiculous way of handling things, but 2bp for each character = 10bp = now 29bp total.

There is no 30bp option (only 20 or 45, as OP said), so you’d buy 45bp for fiddy dollaz.

FWZ costs $50 to fully utilize as a properly purchased, fully “unlocked” game.

edit: GOD DAMNIT EVIL TROUT, FIX THE ****ING WINK SMILEY BUG

Take the cheats out of the equation. It muddies your argument.

I'M A SIG-DISABLING COCKMONGLER

FalconFour

Avatar: 69421 Wed Aug 12 05:13:59 -0400 2009

Level 35 Troll

Minty Fresh

Hey. Being able to play the game without restrictions isn’t a cheat.

Full-version games don’t have “time limits” on your play time…

But without the cheats, it’s 20bp, or 25 bucks. Still pretty ****ing overpriced, and with those 25 bucks you still have limitations on your playing…

http://falconfour.com/bumhurt-cinematic
learn to ****ing spel

ULTIMATE PAN-
TS

[team awesome face]

Level 10 Troll

I'm America's problem: I think everything should cater to me.

Log in to see images!To those telling the players who don’t play to “go elsewhere”, because they do not agree with the price compared to value, thats bad for Forumwarz. The more buys the game gets, the more money.

Hell, they may even find (even probably) they earn more money by lowering it as they would (obviously) recieve more purchases.

I do work, I do use paypal and I do have the money to pay for this game. I choose not to as, in my opinion, the content is redicoulously overpriced, some which shouldn’t have a price at all, and simply not worth its value.

Heres an example:

Log in to see images!: No, I don’t want a $15 pencil because I don’t consider it’s value to be worth the price.

Log in to see images!: Your prices are too high compared to demnand, writing utencils are cheap. If you where to lower your prices you would make more sales.

Xylon

Avatar: 76994 2010-01-16 02:54:34 -0500

[Kappa Kappa Kappa]

Level 35 Hacker

Posting personal information is fun. Everyone should try it at least once.

I am going to have to go with the whole get a job line of flame. Quite frankly, unless you are an unemployed teenager who lives solely off of the ramen noodles your mom buys with her welfare check the cost of bp should be irrelevant. I have spent close to fifty bucks on this game and I consider the product I got in return worth it, if you are saying that bp should be cheaper because the content sucks, I am inclined to disagree, however, if you are saying that bp is too expensive because you cannot afford it, then I am inclined to say that you are one broke bum son of a pikey.

ATTENTION NEWBS: SEARCH BEFORE YOU POST

Click Here To Give Me Fake Internet Cred

Elstar

[WeChall]

Level 35 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

the biggest problem of this game is not the price problem, it’s the very special paypal as only payment method.

use some card processing service/payment gateway, or epbumporte at least…

FalconFour

Level 35 Troll

Minty Fresh

Anyone else notice that “lottery winner” is still only  100k?

And you still think CZ is doing a good job of making a fairly priced game? Log in to see images!

learn to ****ing spel

my_mother

Avatar: 43437 Sun Nov 23 19:27:56 -0500 2008

[Team Shortbus]

Level 16 Emo Kid

my woman's genitals smells like freedom

I think the price is okay, but then I’m rich and also I’ve never played an internet game before so I can’t compare it.

Plus CZ has justified the prices millions of times here and on their blog. It costs money to run this site, I highly doubt they are overcharging so they can spend money on booze and women, I’m pretty sure they aren’t even making much of a profit at all.

FalconFour

Level 35 Troll

Minty Fresh

my_mother Posted:

I think the price is okay, but then I’m rich and also I’ve never played an internet game before so I can’t compare it.

Plus CZ has justified the prices millions of times here and on their blog. It costs money to run this site, I highly doubt they are overcharging so they can spend money on booze and women, I’m pretty sure they aren’t even making much of a profit at all.

I ran a busy file hosting site for 2 years off donations alone, and the hosting cost was about $60 a year.

CZ is overcharging. Plain and simple, no matter how much you spin it, they could get away with selling BP for far less, or more BP for the same price.

learn to ****ing spel

Fran

Avatar: 34789 2015-08-06 21:23:09 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

Johnny Mac Posted:

Jesus Christ then quit if you are that ****ing cheap. Tired of this.

Ten dollars is jack ****, get a job. Even a low paying job You’ve payed for ep2 in 1.5 hours, quit after that I don’t care

You are 1 person out of 7 billion people on 1 planet out of 8 planets in 1 starsystem out of 100 billion starsystems. You are enormously insignificant.

Fran

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

Also, FalconDumbFour, you don’t need to buy alts to get everything from the game.

All clbumes are the same, but with a few tweaks. THAT’S ABOUT IT. You can enjoy the entirety of the game with 1 character.

Also, if you think FW is too expensive, please run a browser game with the same quality and number of daily hits or ajax requests/second, for free. I dare you to do it.

You are 1 person out of 7 billion people on 1 planet out of 8 planets in 1 starsystem out of 100 billion starsystems. You are enormously insignificant.

my_mother

[Team Shortbus]

Level 16 Emo Kid

You can’t compare your business expenses with CZ’s business expenses? That doesn’t make sense. You have no idea what overheads they are paying besides the site hosting and stuff. Plus they have more staff, either way I don’t see what anyone is complaining about, even if I wanted to cheat (I don’t, I would rather play the game properly) and for some reason I wanted to play every single clbum and get whatever stuff you mentioned in your post, I still wouldn’t mind paying $50, that really isn’t much money at all I reckon, and I think it’s worth it. But there are ways around it, such as contests and getting BP from other people.

tl;dr

I THINK IT’S WORTH EVERY PENNY

also BP is only good for pranks imo

ULTIMATE PAN-
TS

[team awesome face]

Level 10 Troll

If your paying for the game because of sympathy then your not seeing the point.

It’s a matter of supply and demand, lets compare Forumwarz to something else with similar features.

Lets try msn (as it’s fairly well known)

MSN (Plus other software with similar features)

– Unlimited use: Free

– Updates: Free

– Customisable avatar: Free

– Changing name colour: Free

– Make another account: Free

– Change your name: Free

– total for the above: $0 US

Forumwarz

– Unlimited use: $3.50 US

– Updates: $10 US (1 use)

– Customisable avatar: $1.70 US(1 use)

– Changing name colour: $1.70 US (1 use)

– Make another account: $5 US (1 use)

– Change your name: $3.50 US (1 use)

– total for the above: $25.40 US

Considering you need the 45 BP deal to pay for this, your actually spending $50 US.

Your paying several US dollars other services offer for free, you consider this fair?

“How MSN and other services able to do this for free?”

Simple tasks such as changing a colour/name/avatar etc can take as little as 1 peice of code to perform, this isn’t eating server bandwidth at all. There is no excuse to be charging for things such as these.

“How does MSN and other services make money?”

See those pretty banners around webpages? There called advertisements. Forumwarz also has advertisements.

Companies pay big money to advertise on popular webpages. Even if you do not pay for Brownie Points, Forumwarz is still earning money from you using their services thanks to advertisements that you can see on this very page unless you have PAYED to remove them.

ULTIMATE PANTS edited this message on 12/08/2008 6:12AM

Fran

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

ULTIMATE PANTS Posted:

Your paying several US dollars other services offer for free, you consider this fair?

Yes, because I have fun with this game and I don’t need to talk to my mom to get her credit card to pay for my stuff.

Because only these type of people whine about 50 dollars. You’re a damn hypocrite, people like you are the ones who would waste $200 in a ****ing Nike Shox or whatever is the cool tennis in the US and only use it once.

Theo de Raadt

Avatar: 72133 Fri Jan 02 12:04:19 -0500 2009

[Late Yak Sectarian]

Level 31 Hacker

My brain is so full of **** that I have to spew it on Flamebate so I don't have to suffer a lobotomy

ULTIMATE PANTS Posted:

If your paying for the game because of sympathy then your not seeing the point.

It’s a matter of supply and demand, lets compare Forumwarz to something else with similar features.

Lets try msn (as it’s fairly well known)

MSN (Plus other software with similar features)

– Unlimited use: Free

– Updates: Free

– Customisable avatar: Free

– Changing name colour: Free

– Make another account: Free

– Change your name: Free

– total for the above: $0 US

Forumwarz

– Unlimited use: $3.50 US

– Updates: $10 US (1 use)

– Customisable avatar: $1.70 US(1 use)

– Changing name colour: $1.70 US (1 use)

– Make another account: $5 US (1 use)

– Change your name: $3.50 US (1 use)

– total for the above: $25.40 US

Considering you need the 45 BP deal to pay for this, your actually spending $50 US.

Comparing an IM client with a web-based game… well now.

Slightly offtopic: how old are you?

Are-

Avatar: 90963 Mon Dec 15 03:10:56 -0500 2008

[Giveupalready]

Level 35 Hacker

The Biscuit Kid is my GOD, and I'm a piece of ****!

Forumwarz is worth the price imo.

Also, since when do you need to play all clbumes to fully enjoy a game?

Sure, I may have just started playing, but I know for sure that I will try with at least one alt (thinking permanoob or re-re for a more challenging run).

I'M A SIG-DISABLING COCKMONGLER

my_mother

[Team Shortbus]

Level 16 Emo Kid

Haha you can’t compare FWZ with MSN, that is so dumb.

But seriously, to echo previous statements in this thread, if you aren’t happy with it, go somewhere else or better yet, go on MSN and just like chat with your friends and ****, that is so similar AND FREE WOWOWOWW. And before you say we shouldn’t encourage people to leave the game because it loses revenue, well that can only be true if you weren’t a tight bum.

ULTIMATE PAN-
TS

[team awesome face]

Level 10 Troll

Edit: please delete this message, accidently double posted the same thing Log in to see images! ULTIMATE PANTS edited this message on 12/08/2008 6:24AM

my_mother

[Team Shortbus]

Level 16 Emo Kid

Fran Posted:

Yes, because I have fun with this game and I don’t need to talk to my mom to get her credit card to pay for my stuff.

Because only these type of people whine about 50 dollars. You’re a damn hypocrite, people like you are the ones who would waste $200 in a ****ing Nike Shox or whatever is the cool tennis in the US and only use it once.

hahaha yes you are just whining cos you dont wanna ask your mom for her credit card details cos she will tell you to go play outside instead of spending all your time on the computer.

ULTIMATE PAN-
TS

[team awesome face]

Level 10 Troll

Fran Posted:

Nice work, since I disagree with you I am a child and hypocritical as I bought expensive things I don’t use, what? Where did you pull that from?

Oh thats right, you diddn’t, your talking **** to back up your statement.

Comparing an IM client with a web-based gameā€¦ well now.

Slightly offtopic: how old are you?

Again, the fact that my opinion is different then yours makes me a minority.

I am 17. Yes I finished school, yes I work, no I’m not an idiot.

ULTIMATE PANTS edited this message on 12/08/2008 6:23AM

Theo de Raadt

Avatar: 72133 Fri Jan 02 12:04:19 -0500 2009

[Late Yak Sectarian]

Level 31 Hacker

My brain is so full of **** that I have to spew it on Flamebate so I don't have to suffer a lobotomy

Ok… Some more questions:

1) do you use pirated games/software?

2) do you illegally download music/movies from the Internet?

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!