Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Flezz God is fake. Gods are fake.

DarkDespair5

Avatar: 77864 Thu Jun 04 08:28:46 -0400 2009

Level 56 Hacker

“Logic Bomber”

BirdofPrey Posted:

therefore attempting to reason out his existence/nonexistence through formal logic is a doomed endeavor.

Philosophy, logic, and probability may steer us in the right direction nonetheless.

BirdofPrey

Avatar: 2037 Sun May 10 02:46:48 -0400 2009

[Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Troll

I lick her up afterwards (After her great times session too! Yum!)

generichaxor Posted:

r u a believer or a nonbeliever?

it does not matter, but i’m just curious

i don’t really believe in god in the clbumic judeo-christian sense. i’m still working out my personal philosophy but as it stands now it goes more along the lines of David Bohm’s theories.

BirdofPrey

[Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Troll

Inertia Posted:

logic ≠ laws of the universe

wtf are you talkin about

ghax

Avatar: 80241 Thu Jul 02 20:10:59 -0400 2009

Level 35 Camwhore

I love 12 inch fine upstanding member of society male reproductive organs in my arse

BirdofPrey Posted:

the reason for this is that if god exists he operates outside the laws of the universe.

BirdofPrey Posted:

therefore attempting to reason out his existence/nonexistence through formal logic is a doomed endeavor.

and what if he never existed?

then, this logic is not a doomed endeavor. Instead, it is quite worthwhile.

And if ur so-called “God” did actually exist, there has to be proof somewhere.

So show it please

BirdofPrey

[Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Troll

generichaxor Posted:

So show it please

buhhhhhh duhhhh durrrr

read what i wrote again, and then re-read your comments and try to figure out why they are dumb.

DarkDespair5

Level 56 Hacker

“Logic Bomber”

generichaxor Posted:

So show it please

You are correct. Nothing leaves no remnant. Whether it is energy, matter, or something we yet do not understand, there must be information pointing to a diety if such exists.

BirdofPrey

[Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Troll

well this is obviously hopeless

Inertia

Avatar: 60995 Fri Apr 03 12:59:05 -0400 2009

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

also wow i have no male reproductive organ

BirdofPrey Posted:

wtf are you talkin about

Because you said you can reason God’s existence, because he operates outside the laws of the universe. I don’t this that statement is correct for the reason I stated.

Schiznit

Level 35 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

Inertia:

Your first three “proofs” are all the cosmological argument in fancy dress. We can all agree there must have been “the first movement”, but to attribute the qualities of omnipotence, omniscience etc that we attribute to god has no explanation.

Argument from degree: You are creating a thing which does not necessarly exist. Some cats are bigger than others, does this mean there must be a cat bigger than we can possibly imagine?

Teological argument: Nice word play, but I remain unconvinced. Acting towards an end is indeed a characteristic of intelligence, but it is not in itself a proof of inteligence.

DarkDespair5

Level 56 Hacker

“Logic Bomber”

Inertia Posted:

Because you said you can reason God’s existence, because he operates outside the laws of the universe. I don’t this that statement is correct for the reason I stated.

If something can affect our current world, it MUST operate within it. Not in its entirety, but there must be some overlap so effects can be seen. Our world operates under our laws, therefore the presence of God within our world must show some effects.

DarkDespair5 edited this message on 12/06/2008 9:36PM

Inertia

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

Good thread imo, OP is sucessful

BirdofPrey

[Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Troll

Inertia Posted:

how can you possibly say that logic is a separate entity from the laws of the universe. our version of formal logic works because we are using the laws of the system within the system. logic is, in essence, a branch of mathematics (or is it the other way around?)

Inertia

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

Schiznit Posted:

Inertia:

Your first three “proofs” are all the cosmological argument in fancy dress. We can all agree there must have been “the first movement”, but to attribute the qualities of omnipotence, omniscience etc that we attribute to god has no explanation.

Argument from degree: You are creating a thing which does not necessarly exist. Some cats are bigger than others, does this mean there must be a cat bigger than we can possibly imagine?

Teological argument: Nice word play, but I remain unconvinced. Acting towards an end is indeed a characteristic of intelligence, but it is not in itself a proof of inteligence.

Oh I just copypastad it from Thomas Aquinas page in wikipedia. I agree with what you said about the 5th argument

BirdofPrey

[Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Troll

DarkDespair5 Posted:

If something can affect our current world, it MUST operate within it. Not in its entirety, but there must be some overlap so effects can be seen. Our world operates under our laws, therefore the presence of God within our world must show some effects.

Something operating outside of the universe could change things within it so that it had always been that way. they could change things from the ground up so nobody could ever know. how do you propose this would leave a remnant?

you are still thinking of things from inside the box.

ghax

Avatar: 80241 Thu Jul 02 20:10:59 -0400 2009

Level 35 Camwhore

I love 12 inch fine upstanding member of society male reproductive organs in my arse

BirdofPrey Posted:

the reason for this is that if god exists he operates outside the laws of the universe.

BirdofPrey Posted:

wtf are you talkin about

ur god is immune to the laws of the universe,

not logic

ArtificialFl-
avour

Level 41 Emo Kid

“Sad-Ass”

I don’t exist.

BirdofPrey

[Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Troll

generichaxor Posted:

ur god is immune to the laws of the universe,

not logic

logic is part of the laws of the universe

DarkDespair5

Level 56 Hacker

“Logic Bomber”

BirdofPrey Posted:

Something operating outside of the universe could change things within it so that it had always been that way. they could change things from the ground up so nobody could ever know. how do you propose this would leave a remnant?

you are still thinking of things from inside the box.

Yes, because if something enters the box, it must act within the laws of that box. Manipulating said box from the outside would show effects within the box.

DarkDespair5 edited this message on 12/06/2008 9:43PM

Inertia

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

BirdofPrey Posted:

how can you possibly say that logic is a separate entity from the laws of the universe. our version of formal logic works because we are using the laws of the system within the system. logic is, in essence, a branch of mathematics (or is it the other way around?)

I bumumed that the laws of the universe meant physics, physical laws like motion etc. God could defy them but logic is still logic. Logic still stands even when physics breaks I think. Logic isn’t part of the law. Logic is the tool which enable us to discover the laws in the first place.

BirdofPrey

[Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Troll

DarkDespair5 Posted:

Yes, because if something enters the box, it must act within the laws of that box.

where are you getting this from? explain to me how you reached this conclusion.

a 3d creature could reach down and tear out the insides of a 2-d creature without touching the outside of the 2d creature. he is not acting within the laws of 2-dness.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!