Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Web Games Better web spiders?

Lord Shplane

Avatar: 49819 Fri Dec 05 01:45:00 -0500 2008

[Forumwarz Speakeasy]

Level 69 Troll

:)

I agree with this thread.

Correnth

Level 59 Emo Kid

“Final Cut Pro”

1338h4x Posted:

**** yes. Might be a little problematic to guarantee absolutely no repeats of pieces you already have if you’ve got near everything, so maybe make it a 50% chance to reroll for a different file every time the die lands on a piece you already have.

But definitely implement some different types of spiders.

An easier implementation would probably be to have each .moar file set a flag on the character when its picked up that interacts with the random roll loot table to say “Player has these flags & has this spider equipped – Reduce loot chance of these files by x%”. Seems like it’d remove a step or two in the process.

My own personal suggestion, though, would be to have a series of main spiders (Simple [no reduction bonuses], Advanced [25% reduction bonus], Supreme [50% reduction bonus], and Ultra [75% reduction bonus] – all very expensive, to act as cash sinks), and then have a series of clbum-specific spiders.

Think of it like this: For the .moar files that add into secondary stats (sexiness, tears, ect. ect.), most of them only add into one specific secondary skill, as opposed to being completely beneficial for multiple clbumes. It’d take some additional work on ET’s end, but flagging each .moar file for a specific clbum (or as ‘generic’ for the ones that don’t add into secondary skills) and then releasing clbum-specific spiders that have a higher chance of snagging only the .moar files beneficial to your own character would make for a great high-level quest reward. I’d suggest that they don’t have any of the additional roll bonuses that the other, shop-purchasable spiders have, though, just to balance it out a bit – You can either complete the ones you’ve got, or you can go searching for the ones that are more beneficial to you. Maybe not have them pick up the ‘generic’ flagged .moar files either.

Correnth edited this message on 11/30/2008 8:59PM

Gofg

Avatar: 92003 Thu Dec 04 17:31:39 -0500 2008

Level 30 Camwhore

“Courte-chan”

SUPPORT

Fidel Alejan-
dro Castro R-
uz

Avatar: 92016 Wed Dec 10 14:02:00 -0500 2008

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

Correnth Posted:

An easier implementation would probably be to have each .moar file set a flag on the character when its picked up that interacts with the random roll loot table to say “Player has these flags & has this spider equipped – Reduce loot chance of these files by x%”. Seems like it’d remove a step or two in the process.

My own personal suggestion, though, would be to have a series of main spiders (Simple [no reduction bonuses], Advanced [25% reduction bonus], Supreme [50% reduction bonus], and Ultra [75% reduction bonus] – all very expensive, to act as cash sinks), and then have a series of clbum-specific spiders.

Think of it like this: For the .moar files that add into secondary stats (sexiness, tears, ect. ect.), most of them only add into one specific secondary skill, as opposed to being completely beneficial for multiple clbumes. It’d take some additional work on ET’s end, but flagging each .moar file for a specific clbum (or as ‘generic’ for the ones that don’t add into secondary skills) and then releasing clbum-specific spiders that have a higher chance of snagging only the .moar files beneficial to your own character would make for a great high-level quest reward. I’d suggest that they don’t have any of the additional roll bonuses that the other, shop-purchasable spiders have, though, just to balance it out a bit – You can either complete the ones you’ve got, or you can go searching for the ones that are more beneficial to you. Maybe not have them pick up the ‘generic’ flagged .moar files either.

I like this guy’s idea.

Maha

Level 41 Troll

“Hot Sauce in the Dick Hole”

I’d buy any kind of improved spider without even thinking twice

Father Wendi-
go

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Maha Posted:

I’d buy any kind of improved spider without even thinking twice

Prune Computer iSpider – Downloads one part of andy male reproductive organ (feat. carrot top) – stand up comedy – vol 1.hear with every download. –  555,555

Alternatively, you could have a customizable web spider that you could set to only download a specific format of file.

Shii

Avatar: 23167 2010-01-24 16:31:18 -0500

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I haven't seen a bad idea that I didn't like.

Fully agree.

Make it happen!

Hackmeister

Level 35 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

Cheers to this idea.

Pavilion

Avatar: 74903 2011-07-31 00:19:12 -0400

[Forumwarz Speakeasy]

Level 69 Hacker

“Trojan Horse Magnum”

I couldn’t agree more.

Inertia

Avatar: 60995 Fri Apr 03 12:59:05 -0400 2009

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

also wow i have no male reproductive organ

I don’t agree

it will be too easy to get .moar files

Doc_Holliday

Avatar: 85846 Fri Nov 21 20:09:23 -0500 2008

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 69 Troll

I'm your ****leberry.

Another idea would be another PPWN shop like store for Ep3 called “More More .moar” which stocks certain randomized .moar files for x amount of Log in to see images!. Maybe even rig it to the same codebase as Herschel’s so the store only stocks the grade of files the player would be looking for.

In addition, allowing transfer of .moar files between characters (but only on the same account, which would influence people to buy more brownie points) would kick bum.

As for the “it’d be too easy” people – how about spiders that are rigged to ONLY pick up picture, movie, dogreat timesent, or audio files, and/or ones that will pick up 2 or 3 files per thread? Again, these would need to be pricey. That would allow targeting and not make it so you can merely keep grinding a certain forum until you *know* you’ll get the file.

Doc_Holliday edited this message on 12/06/2008 2:38AM

Nillo

Avatar: 13243 2015-07-21 17:58:06 -0400

[COMPOSOLITION]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I suck dirty homeless guys male reproductive organs all night long

Inertia Posted:

I don’t agree

it will be too easy to get .moar files

Not necessarily. For example, you could have an improved version of the web spider that can find some extra-rare moar files that the simple web spider cannot. This will not make it easier to get the other moar files.

shrtcat

Avatar: 79911 Sat Nov 15 22:45:44 -0500 2008

Level 25 Emo Kid

Posting from inside JB's bumhole

Bumping this for more people to see.

There are so many good suggestions, which would be the best? Keep the word “balance” in mind.

Possibly a C-
abbage

Avatar: 76887 Fri Oct 24 03:39:44 -0400 2008

[Leafy Green Vegeta-
bles
]

Level 35 Hacker

Herbaceous, biennial, dicotyledonous , and flowering.

I think a reasonable upgrade to the current spider would work like this:

The first time it rolls up a .moar file piece, it checks if you already have that piece. If you have two or more copies of that piece already, it flips a coin and has a 50% chance of just electing to start over and reroll for what .moar piece you get the second time through, the second roll is final.

It’s just annoying to be working on a file and see you have five of one piece and are missing a half dozen other pieces.

ShadyPixels

[70 Character Story-
tellers
]

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

Web spiders that just gave +Luck would still be cool

KEYBOARD

Level 12 Hacker

“Ohacku”

9000000% sppourt

elenaratelim-
it

Avatar: 24791 2010-03-21 18:12:06 -0400

[Team Shortbus]

Level 44 Troll

chica bonita

support but make it worth a few million flezz so tons of people can’t buy it lol best idea in this thread

Zeta

Avatar: 68174 Wed Oct 22 15:55:08 -0400 2008

[Forumwarz Speakeasy]

Level 51 Troll

“eBaum”

This would **** the .moar trading system in unimaginable ways. It should either be this or trading .moars, because you really can’t have both as people are asking for it.

Sorry, but I’m siding with the .moar system when it comes out. The only way I would support this is if it costed somewhere around the 10 – 20 million fleez zone, because at least then people would still have to work their bumes off for a while if they wanted it. Maybe the price should be even higher, because this would quite literally be the ultimate item. All you would need is this, and you can basically do make whatever you want.

Once you get this, though, there should only be three features:

1: It makes a list of .moar files that appear in a forum

2: It let’s you select which file you wish to get, and only parts from that file will be given. No “only get parts that you don’t have”. That would make it way too easy.

3: If you chose to use this to get only parts of a file you want, there needs to be a 5% chance of what I’m going to call file corruption. With file corruption, you don’t know it, but a piece that you get will be just that, corrupted, and you don’t know until you have all the parts and try to bumemble the file where you will be given an error message like “One or more parts of this file are corrupted. Deleting corupted files…”

Once that happens, you can go try again for the part you want.

Personally, I think this would be the only way this could be put in place along with the .moar trading system, as otherwise it would drive the price so far down they would be worthless.

shrtcat

Avatar: 79911 Sat Nov 15 22:45:44 -0500 2008

Level 25 Emo Kid

Posting from inside JB's bumhole

Zeta Posted:

This would **** the .moar trading system in unimaginable ways. It should either be this or trading .moars, because you really can’t have both as people are asking for it.

Sorry, but I’m siding with the .moar system when it comes out. The only way I would support this is if it costed somewhere around the 10 – 20 million fleez zone, because at least then people would still have to work their bumes off for a while if they wanted it. Maybe the price should be even higher, because this would quite literally be the ultimate item. All you would need is this, and you can basically do make whatever you want.

Once you get this, though, there should only be three features:

1: It makes a list of .moar files that appear in a forum

2: It let’s you select which file you wish to get, and only parts from that file will be given. No “only get parts that you don’t have”. That would make it way too easy.

3: If you chose to use this to get only parts of a file you want, there needs to be a 5% chance of what I’m going to call file corruption. With file corruption, you don’t know it, but a piece that you get will be just that, corrupted, and you don’t know until you have all the parts and try to bumemble the file where you will be given an error message like “One or more parts of this file are corrupted. Deleting corupted files…”

Once that happens, you can go try again for the part you want.

Personally, I think this would be the only way this could be put in place along with the .moar trading system, as otherwise it would drive the price so far down they would be worthless.

You raise an interesting point. I agree with your three points(I really like the corrupted file idea a lot), but I never mentionned trading .moar parts. Without the trading, I don’t see why they would have to sell for more than 5 mil. flezz.

Anyways, it’s just an idea.

Possibly a C-
abbage

Avatar: 76887 Fri Oct 24 03:39:44 -0400 2008

[Leafy Green Vegeta-
bles
]

Level 35 Hacker

Herbaceous, biennial, dicotyledonous , and flowering.

I just don’t see how a spider that is slightly better than the spider we have now would mess up .moar trading or make it too easy to get files. If it messes up the .moar economy, make it less better.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!