Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Bug - 2 TubMail shenanigans & suggestions.

DG-Root

Avatar: 86945 Fri Jan 30 20:49:15 -0500 2009

[Play INCIT]

Level 40 Hacker

“Uber Macro”

I was on my profile page and I sent a mail to myself from there, continued to send myself a mail, and whatnot. I didn’t get a message in my sent folder stating that I did.

I sent another message to myself as a test from the New Message link and deleted it in my sent folder, and it wasn’t there in my inbox folder.

I’m not sure how it’s setup, because it could easily be one of these few things:

1) It’s letting me delete mails that I didn’t want read.

2) I’m talking to myself so it doesn’t matter.

3) There aren’t two different statuses in the TM database so one single status controls it. (They were both from me and once again it doesn’t matter.)

I’m not entirely sure this is a bug, but again: BETTER SAFE THAN Log in to see images!

Also: Suggestions.

A checkbox and an action drop-down menu, rather a view and react sort-of-deal for TubMail, also an ability to add attachments to said TubMails. (Flezz, Items, Etc)

sTalk contacts actually having your friends? Klan chats? IDC channels? I dunno. (#Flamebate, #INCIT, Stuff like that.)

Favourites tab for my bookmarks? (I could use REAL bookmarks, but that’d be silly.)

I’d be willing to help code some of this, I’ve got experience with MySQL, PHP, HTML, CSS, Python, and template engines. Log in to see images! DG-Root edited this message on 11/26/2008 2:52PM

Deific Blund-
er

Avatar: 74127 2010-07-25 10:31:51 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

I **** FISH AND I HAVE NO BROWNIE POINTS AND I LOVE male reproductive organ

DG-Root Posted:

I was on my profile page and I sent a mail to myself from there, continued to send myself a mail, and whatnot. I didn’t get a message in my sent folder stating that I did.

I sent another message to myself as a test from the New Message link and deleted it in my sent folder, and it wasn’t there in my inbox folder.

I’m not sure how it’s setup, because it could easily be one of these few things:

1) It’s letting me delete mails that I didn’t want read.

2) I’m talking to myself so it doesn’t matter.

3) There aren’t two different statuses in the TM database so one single status controls it. (They were both from me and once again it doesn’t matter.)

I’m not entirely sure this is a bug, but again: BETTER SAFE THAN Log in to see images!

Also: Suggestions.

A checkbox and an action drop-down menu, rather a view and react sort-of-deal for TubMail, also an ability to add attachments to said TubMails. (Flezz, Items, Etc)

sTalk contacts actually having your friends? Klan chats? IDC channels? I dunno. (#Flamebate, #INCIT, Stuff like that.)

I’d be willing to help code some of this, I’ve got experience with MySQL, PHP, HTML, CSS, Python, and template engines. Log in to see images!

Attaching things to tubmail would unbalance gameplay by letting people get their friends/alts way ahead and easily cope with the tough early levels.

Edit; Engrish.

Deific Blunder edited this message on 11/26/2008 2:52PM

Kilroy

Avatar: 62524 Fri Dec 26 00:25:59 -0500 2008

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

Deific Blunder Posted:

Attaching things to tubmail would unbalance gameplay by letting people get their friends/alts way ahead and easily cope with the tough early levels.

Edit; Engrish.

I think helping friends along is perfectly acceptable. It is in every other game where people can cooperate, why not Forumwarz?

And is it really that ****ing hard for ET to make it so that you can’t do anything with your alts? I don’t know how Alts work, so I dunno.

DG-Root

Avatar: 86945 Fri Jan 30 20:49:15 -0500 2009

[Play INCIT]

Level 40 Hacker

“Uber Macro”

Kilroy Posted:

think helping friends along is perfectly acceptable. It is in every other game where people can cooperate, why not Forumwarz?

And is it really that ****ing hard for ET to make it so that you can’t do anything with your alts? I don’t know how Alts work, so I dunno.

Well, to be fair: Punishing legal (and purchased) alts would promote illegal alts, and is just mean to people whom shell out cash to play by the rules.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!