Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Bug - 1 Raepdog-Bot 5000 <Spoilers>

Adeptus

Avatar: 11389 Thu Oct 16 15:20:36 -0400 2008

[Board of Directors]

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

I think the problem is that it allows you to effectively make a level-cap Re-re/Permanoob with very little effort at all (well, apart from the scripting of the thing), which is hardly fair to all the people who have managed it themselves. Really it should be banned from all sorts of e-peen, especially the consecutive ones and any leaderboard things (not that that’ll ever be a problem, but in principle… ) which is basically what a cheater account is.

What’s wrong with marking it as a cheater anyway? It’s not using the normal cheating options, but it is cheating, since it could theoretically beat the game without any user input.

That said, if you can come up with something capable of running individual forums, repairing damage, buying items and whatever, then I think it should be allowed, just under special terms. Same applies if you’re just making a script to beat forums and nothing else.

Raepdog

Avatar: 57155 2011-07-31 00:44:38 -0400

[To Your Scattered -
Raepdogs Go
]

Level 35 Camwhore

We are foe.

Adeptus Posted:

I think the problem is that it allows you to effectively make a level-cap Re-re/Permanoob with very little effort at all (well, apart from the scripting of the thing), which is hardly fair to all the people who have managed it themselves. Really it should be banned from all sorts of e-peen, especially the consecutive ones and any leaderboard things (not that that’ll ever be a problem, but in principle… ) which is basically what a cheater account is.

What’s wrong with marking it as a cheater anyway? It’s not using the normal cheating options, but it is cheating, since it could theoretically beat the game without any user input.

That said, if you can come up with something capable of running individual forums, repairing damage, buying items and whatever, then I think it should be allowed, just under special terms. Same applies if you’re just making a script to beat forums and nothing else.

At first it would be to beat forums. But in the long term it would buy items for itself, gamble, do everything a normal person could but more. If it is banned from competitive play I do not want Log in to see images!

SG94

Avatar: 53266 2011-07-31 00:43:01 -0400

[SG Inc]

Level 35 Troll

The most anal, compulsive tattle tale on this site, mess with me and meet the ban axe ****

Raepdog Posted:

At first it would be to beat forums. But in the long term it would buy items for itself, gamble, do everything a normal person could but more. If it is banned from competitive play I do not want Log in to see images!

You deserve that “mark of shame” if you’re not actually inputting anything. Do you have any idea how much of a timesink running a Re-Re from scratch legitimately is? My new one is averaging about 10 minutes a visit atm. If you’re not putting in that time, you’re cheating.

TUBSWEETIE

Avatar: 3450 2011-07-31 00:45:06 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

MY MEMORY IS THAT OF A SMALL GRAPE

I still feel if he can pull off a bot that’s smart enough to run forums automatically for him, he should go for it. Because to my knowledge, an actual bot that isn’t just a macro hasn’t been done on that level of intelligence.

But Judging from the negative feedback ITT i’m going to change my mind and call it a bad idea.

A chat-bot would be wicked fun, though. Don’t stop working on one.

A bot to play the game is pretty unfair. space or whoever mentioned taking the challenge out of the challenge/endurance clbum being wrong is right.

because a bot that knows how to play the game would make it dead easy to get consecutive peen & pistache

Oh also a gambler-bot would be a no-go as well. antifreeze.

TUBSWEETIE

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

Raepdog Posted:

It would have to be marked as it’s not a human player. It’d be capable of running the game entirely autonomously which is not right. To play the game takes time, and to play the game without any time lost isn’t fair to every other player.

To make it fair you’d need to make the bot public, which would ruin every aspect of this entire site

Raepdog

[To Your Scattered -
Raepdogs Go
]

Level 35 Camwhore

We are foe.

TUBSWEETIE Posted:

It would have to be marked as it’s not a human player. It’d be capable of running the game entirely autonomously which is not right. To play the game takes time, and to play the game without any time lost isn’t fair to every other player.

To make it fair you’d need to make the bot public, which would ruin every aspect of this entire site

How about this. The bot is marked as such, as a robot. It is removed from all domination aspects, it is removed from time runs, and removed from leader boards. I would how ever like for it to still acgreat timesulate peenage, though not on the leader board.

Once you hit a level streak peens are a no brainier, its just pwning one forum after the next. Im not saying its not unfair for a robot to beat other people, but the robot would not be. It would be existing within itself. It would prove that it is possible to do such.

Everyone seems to hate the idea of being beaten by a robot, but I have 6 accounts, that’s a lot of visits. Is it really wrong to have 4 of them a day done by a robot? To have a robot play the game by itself on its own? No. It is not as long as the robot is not fighting a human. It exists for itself. To prove itself possible.

Raepdog

[To Your Scattered -
Raepdogs Go
]

Level 35 Camwhore

We are foe.

Better idea. **** that. Why not let it compete? My little robot baby should have the right to, hes just like you except cold steel and unloving. Make a robot domination bracket, it would be were robots could compete. Think about it, it wouldn’t be cheating it would be like battle bots. My robot and others would have just as much fun without subtracting from the game. There streaks just would nto count, they could still get yellow scoops but they would just not effect the scores.

What ever robot is the best gambler gets the right scoops, what ever one gets the most INCIT wins, the most streaks, the most dom.. They can do anything that we can do, just in there own world.

TUBSWEETIE

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

Raepdog Posted:

Better idea. **** that. Why not let it compete? My little robot baby should have the right to, hes just like you except cold steel and unloving. Make a robot domination bracket, it would be were robots could compete. Think about it, it wouldn’t be cheating it would be like battle bots. My robot and others would have just as much fun without subtracting from the game. There streaks just would nto count, they could still get yellow scoops but they would just not effect the scores.

What ever robot is the best gambler gets the right scoops, what ever one gets the most INCIT wins, the most streaks, the most dom.. They can do anything that we can do, just in there own world.

good luck getting ET to implement a robots only section of the game

this idea is going downhill fast. abort all the gameplay aspects and just make a really ****in chatbot

obviously people object to game-playing robots. A chatbot would be loved by all. If you could port seaborg IRC bots (re: bigsillypoopfacebot) to function on IDC you would receive major kudos

TUBSWEETIE edited this message on 11/17/2008 5:22PM

7VibratingLa-
ngston

Avatar: 64688 Sun Oct 19 21:42:40 -0400 2008

[To Your Scattered -
Raepdogs Go
]

Level 33 Troll

“Permafail”

TUBSWEETIE Posted:

good luck getting ET to implement a robots only section of the game

this idea is going downhill fast. abort all the gameplay aspects and just make a really ****in chatbot

obviously people object to game-playing robots. A chatbot would be loved by all. If you could port seaborg IRC bots (re: bigsillypoopfacebot) to function on IDC you would receive major kudos

You all come and rain on my circuits, I will never understand whats so bad about it. I mean is it really so bad? Its just a dom bracket, it would be awesome klans building the best robot they can build to battle it out.

I suppose I may get around to an IDC bot but my initial boost of inspiration is gone.

I mean, people used tape and cell phones to get the ip peen! Whats wrong with using a macro to get it? All it would be is a more complex cellphone, an internal one that works with other things to pwn forums. I suppose there is no point arguing until I get something to show.

I was going to make my first test run on Friday for my re-re to pwn his first thread. Anyway you can de-domify him before then without the cheater mark?

CrinkzPipe

Avatar: 35643 2015-02-20 21:59:22 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Hi, I'm an adult whos into bumes. But not boners!

I think this is somthing you should be talking to ET about, not a mod. Jus’ sayin’.

Raepdog

[To Your Scattered -
Raepdogs Go
]

Level 35 Camwhore

We are foe.

TUBSWEETIE I’ll make you a deal. If I get my IRC bot up and running you’ll change its name to Raepdog-Bot 5000 using your BP. Im wicked cheap.

TUBSWEETIE

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

7VibratingRaepdogs Posted:

You all come and rain on my circuits, I will never understand whats so bad about it. I mean is it really so bad? Its just a dom bracket, it would be awesome klans building the best robot they can build to battle it out.

I suppose I may get around to an IDC bot but my initial boost of inspiration is gone.

I mean, people used tape and cell phones to get the ip peen! Whats wrong with using a macro to get it? All it would be is a more complex cellphone, an internal one that works with other things to pwn forums. I suppose there is no point arguing until I get something to show.

I was going to make my first test run on Friday for my re-re to pwn his first thread. Anyway you can de-domify him before then without the cheater mark?

-A bot can only be so good. Once you get one that gets 3 lemons per run without screwing up, you cannot improve. There’s no competition when every bot gets the same amount of scoops.

-tape and cell phones aren’t a bot that plays the entire game for them. you’re wanting to make something that can progress through forums without any user input.

-no, ask trout. crinkz is right, the only reason i’m talking here is because I’m killing time at work

Raepdog Posted:

TUBSWEETIE I’ll make you a deal. If I get my IRC bot up and running you’ll change its name to Raepdog-Bot 5000 using your BP. Im wicked cheap.

sure. if you actually make an IDC bot I’ll give you BP to change its name.

You do know that there’s a load of people who would birth your babies if you made a seaborg bot that works over IDC, right? It’d be one of the most entertaining user-made things here.

TUBSWEETIE edited this message on 11/17/2008 5:51PM

Raepdog

[To Your Scattered -
Raepdogs Go
]

Level 35 Camwhore

We are foe.

Phase One Checklist:

-Getting a simple bot to work over IDC and take input and distinguish those users giving input.

-Output, a tree of choices and madlibs to keep it fresh.

-A simple quote function.

-A fail safe so mods can shut it off.

-Trivia.

So far that’s on my board of how to do this. Those are the first things to do.

CrinkzPipe

Avatar: 35643 2015-02-20 21:59:22 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Hi, I'm an adult whos into bumes. But not boners!

Raepdog Posted:

Phase One Checklist:

-Getting a simple bot to work over IDC and take input and distinguish those users giving input.

-Output, a tree of choices and madlibs to keep it fresh.

-A simple quote function.

-A fail safe so mods can shut it off.

-Trivia.

So far that’s on my board of how to do this. Those are the first things to do.

Make it so it cries when we call it a fabulous person.

SimplyTHEBEST

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

I favor the no-leaderboard/yes-epeen idea for bots. I don’t give two ****s about domination, but since other players do they’d probably start BAAAAWWWWWing if they were getting pwned by a minion of steel.

The only downside I see to letting bots play is that they would increase server load, but that could be mitigated somewhat by having the server provide load information so bots can avoid peak times and/or having the server reject bots when there’s too much load. Other than that, having robots playing the game would just go to show how epic FW actually is compared to the failure that permeates other MMOs. WOWGlider lawsuit, anyone?

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!