Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Contest CLOSED: The Hacker Challenge Contest - 5BP

FalconFour

Avatar: 69421 Wed Aug 12 05:13:59 -0400 2009

Level 35 Troll

Minty Fresh

I’m stuck on #7 and pretty much given up. There’s just nothing more I can see that can be done with the second part of the data. First part took me about 10 seconds to get the key, but then I don’t know what the hell to do with it.

Seeing that someone is already on #9… I may as well just forget winning this. Log in to see images!

edit: I also could not possibly hate Google more than I do after damn near melting Google on trying to ****ing figure out #7.

FalconFour edited this message on 10/29/2008 2:43PM

aSh-gangSTA--

Avatar: 23493 2011-10-31 20:46:14 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 60 Emo Kid

The Delightfully Chaotic

b3rND Posted:

There’s something all the solutions (except #2) had in common

#2 had it in common too, just with a junkword tossed in there for fun.

aSh-gangSTA--

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 60 Emo Kid

The Delightfully Chaotic

Jubbles Posted:

I don’t see how anybody could get 8. I’m on what should be the last step, and if my thinking is correct, there are nearly limitless possibilities and no visible clues.

There are two lines for a reason, so, it would be easier for you to tackle each line by its self. Treating it as one string would only make things harder for you.

aSh-gangSTA--

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 60 Emo Kid

The Delightfully Chaotic

FalconFour Posted:

I’m stuck on #7 and pretty much given up. There’s just nothing more I can see that can be done with the second part of the data. First part took me about 10 seconds to get the key, but then I don’t know what the hell to do with it.

Seeing that someone is already on #9… I may as well just forget winning this. Log in to see images!

edit: I also could not possibly hate Google more than I do after damn near melting Google on trying to ****ing figure out #7.

7 was a definite step up in encryption. Don’t get discouraged. Most people got stuck on #2, or #4. Some people are still sending me wrong answers for #1…

FalconFour

Level 35 Troll

Minty Fresh

Well, that’s not really encouraging, all that tells me is that there are complete and utter morons still out there in the world. I knew that already. Log in to see images!

(Also: tubmail.)

edit: Igotitigotitigotitigotitigotitigotitigotitigotit. Log in to see images!

(And no hints either… I actually figured out that what I originally thought was right all along… I just wasn’t doing it rite. Then I wrote a script to do it for me. Log in to see images! FalconFour edited this message on 10/29/2008 3:35PM

Jubbles

Avatar: 24099 2011-10-31 20:24:56 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

I went almost four years without a custom title and all I got was this custom title. Also, male reproductive organs.

Got it. Thanks, h0g. And Leech.

Jubbles edited this message on 10/29/2008 3:49PM

Inertia

Avatar: 60995 Fri Apr 03 12:59:05 -0400 2009

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

also wow i have no male reproductive organ

So, after this is all over, instead of posting the solution to every challenge can you just post all the challenges in full so we can try work it out. Then like 3 days later post the solutions.

Also you kid needs minding again, go.

aSh-gangSTA--

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 60 Emo Kid

The Delightfully Chaotic

Inertia Posted:

So, after this is all over, instead of posting the solution to every challenge can you just post all the challenges in full so we can try work it out. Then like 3 days later post the solutions.

Also you kid needs minding again, go.

I’ve already posted 1 through 5 today.

6 through 9 will go up tomorrow.

When 10 is solved, it will also go up, and eventually spoiler tagged solutions/explanations.

Inertia

Avatar: 60995 Fri Apr 03 12:59:05 -0400 2009

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

also wow i have no male reproductive organ

handofg0d Posted:

I’ve already posted 1 through 5 today.

6 through 9 will go up tomorrow.

When 10 is solved, it will also go up, and eventually spoiler tagged solutions/explanations.

oh right

that’s ok too

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

So no advantage to those of us who are through 9 already? Everyone who wants to join in tomorrow and can speed through them would be on the same page when 10 comes out?

That sucks.

FalconFour

Level 35 Troll

Minty Fresh

MC Banhammer Posted:

So no advantage to those of us who are through 9 already? Everyone who wants to join in tomorrow and can speed through them would be on the same page when 10 comes out?

That sucks.

Thank god. I’m on 8. I’m down to a bunch of random words now… the damndest thing. Log in to see images!

Leechbait

Avatar: 38669 Mon Nov 03 13:38:26 -0500 2008

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 30 Troll

“Permafail”

MC Banhammer Posted:

That sucks.

if hog had perfect tubmail reposnse time this is exactly how things would work anyway

condoleezzab-
utts

Level 21 Troll

“Li'l Hellraiser”

Well there’s no way in hell I’m winning this.

4 Confuses the **** out of me although I’m pretty sure it’s **** all to do with the co-ordinates maybe a pattern in the numbers? But I can’t see one.. Or maybe that the symbols are different, not all of them are degrees symbols? I dunno.

5 kicks my bum too.. I mean what’re you supposed to do with ??? ???? ????????? I don’t even know if I’m on the right track here.. There’s no indicator to show I am..
condoleezzabutts edited this message on 10/29/2008 6:14PM

b3rND

[i can haz klan]

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

condoleezzabums Posted:

maybe a pattern in the numbers? But I can’t see one.. Or maybe that the symbols are different, not all of them are degrees symbols? I dunno.

There’s definitely a pattern. The degrees symbols aren’t supposed to be different, they just got screwed up somehow.

??? ???? ????????

Challenge 5 is probably the easiest. Certainly easier than figuring out how you got those question marks Log in to see images!

condoleezzab-
utts

Level 21 Troll

“Li'l Hellraiser”

b3rND Posted:

Challenge 5 is probably the easiest. Certainly easier than figuring out how you got those question marks Log in to see images!

Lol.. I used question marks so I didn’t actually give away the letters. What I got was a series of letters (Each ? denotes a letter) that seemed to make little sense.

Leechbait

Avatar: 38669 Mon Nov 03 13:38:26 -0500 2008

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 30 Troll

“Permafail”

latitudes and longitudes have degrees (°) minutes (‘Log in to see images! in increasing precisiosn

sometimes just degrees and minutes

so not all of them should be degrees syumbols

condoleezzab-
utts

Level 21 Troll

“Li'l Hellraiser”

Leechbait Posted:

latitudes and longitudes have degrees (°) minutes (‘Log in to see images! in increasing precisiosn

sometimes just degrees and minutes

so not all of them should be degrees syumbols

Yes, but not all of the degrees symbols ARE actually degrees symbols, that’s my point.

Jubbles

Avatar: 24099 2011-10-31 20:24:56 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

I went almost four years without a custom title and all I got was this custom title. Also, male reproductive organs.

And now to wait for challenge 10.

I hate challenge 9, by the way. But only the second part. Had to do it in a way that was unintended by its creator.

b3rND

[i can haz klan]

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

condoleezzabums Posted:

Lol.. I used question marks so I didn’t actually give away the letters. What I got was a series of letters (Each ? denotes a letter) that seemed to make little sense.

If you can’t figure that out, it’s hopeless

aSh-gangSTA--

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 60 Emo Kid

The Delightfully Chaotic

MC Banhammer Posted:

That sucks.

Sorry… partly because of what’s involved in setting it up… partly because I thought I feel bad for late starters.

But don’t worry. Very few people who showed up late have made it past 4. Or 2 for that matter. I stopped adding people to the list of correct answers for 1 because it was more time consuming than it was worth. I have so many correct/partially correct answers for 1 and then nothing, it’s sad.

And then it seems after 4, 7 thinned the heard.

Also no more hints from me at all.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!