Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Poetry [Spoiler] Different sTalk reply options for a particular mission

ProfeSsoRCHI-
ld

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

I just completed the Opheliamammary glandsupp quest, which was an interesting change of pace… basically exchanging some equipment damage and two forum uses for a new attack and a bit of flezz. I have one major complaint though.

My character, an Emo Kid, was making fun of her poetry. I felt like I had suddenly switch clbumes to “Troll”. In general, most of the game text has been pretty good, really immersive and sucking me in, but here, it just broke the illusion. I’m going around writing bad poetry every other attack or so, and yet I’m trashing hers? Heck, my character is the sort the would probably BELONG to the Woe Is Us forum.

Any chance of making some different dialog options for this mission?

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

Avatar: 44 2012-11-06 12:31:55 -0500

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

I had the first bum avatar.

ProfeSsoRCHIld Posted:

I just completed the Opheliamammary glandsupp quest, which was an interesting change of pace… basically exchanging some equipment damage and two forum uses for a new attack and a bit of flezz. I have one major complaint though.

My character, an Emo Kid, was making fun of her poetry. I felt like I had suddenly switch clbumes to “Troll”. In general, most of the game text has been pretty good, really immersive and sucking me in, but here, it just broke the illusion. I’m going around writing bad poetry every other attack or so, and yet I’m trashing hers? Heck, my character is the sort the would probably BELONG to the Woe Is Us forum.

Any chance of making some different dialog options for this mission?

The tone of the sTalk convos has been discussed before. The way I see it, you’re not really an Emo Kid, you’re just playing the role in order to derail forums. That’s why replies are the same no matter what your “clbum” (or “archetype” as I call it).

Your character is supposed to be a reasonably intelligent, net-savvy person who is forced to be immersed in all the bull**** found on the internet, and has to play along.

For this particular discrepancy: I think an Emo Kid would be critical of bad poetry, and Ophelia’s is certainly terrible. That’s why the Emos in the poetry forums can still be pwned by that attack.

However, I would like to see such a forum be more resilient to those kind of attacks, because it makes sense. Forum sensitivities are a future enhancement…look out for it! Wait…was that it? No. False alarm. But keep looking! Keep looking…

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!