Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Ban Me Me am troll in Game Discussion!

BiZarro Tom

Level 4 Re-Re

liker of mudkips

Looking beyond Episode 2, bumuming that it ever actually comes out, I think Forumwarz would be more successful with a shorter development cycle. Instead of waiting until there’s an entire new storyline to release, what about having smaller but more regular chunks? I would think two or three missions/chats per month would be entirely feasible, and would encourage players to stick around or keep coming back, moreso than a year+ wait for the next episode would do.

As it is right now, Domination, Forumbuildr, and INCIT are all fine and well but they only seem to keep the most hardcore players interested. But anyone who sticks around here for more than a few days is probably interested in the main game and story, so having more of that to look forward to on a well defined release schedule would be a strong incentive to stay (and maybe even check out the other content).

(If you would like to troll or otherwise derail this thread, you should probably do so here so as to avoid a ban. See, I am the most considerate player ever.)

iRAWR

Avatar: 49692 Wed Nov 05 00:16:18 -0500 2008

Level 10 Emo Kid

NEW CEO OF FORUMWARZ INC.

I completely agree

quangntenemy

Avatar: 14557 2011-10-31 11:07:55 -0400

[WeChall]

Level 69 Troll

:ronpaul: :****ing sucks:

It’s not that easy. If you deliver the updates in small chunks there will be a lot of bugs to fix, and most importantly a certain clbum will get an advantage after every update.

Actually we’re already doing something similar, like small updates, new forums every week, and domination themes. Remember the downside?

TUBSWEETIE

Avatar: 3450 2011-07-31 00:45:06 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

MY MEMORY IS THAT OF A SMALL GRAPE

If this worked we’d be up to Half-Life: Gordon Freemen Gets a Colostomy.

Shorter development cycles haven’t been proved to work, but attempts at short cycles have failed horribly.

A YEAR FOR FIVE HOURS OF HL2 EP1 GAMEPLAY IS TOO LONG!

Aldo_Anything

Avatar: 32555 2014-07-18 11:39:53 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

male reproductive organMEISTER

that’s pretty much what has been revealed about episode 2, more missions on all forums to make grinding funnier. more goals to achieve. If I got that all right

Travalgar

Avatar: 49870 Tue Oct 21 02:47:07 -0400 2008

Level 29 Troll

“Gaping Asshole”

I’d wait for a year for a BIG update.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!