Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Shock Watching EB2 raid

Amasius

Avatar: 21158 2015-06-13 23:07:57 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

OMFG! It is MY bum!

Last night I checked the klan domination page and I saw that Episode Beta 2 was raiding. Cool, I thought, I might learn a thing or two watching.

Soon I discovered something strange – some participants of the raid were part of the klan and just a moment later they were klanless! After a while a pattern was obvious: the raiders hold 11 forums, then an alt that was member of the klan pwned Denture Chat and then this alt left the klan.

——————————————————

­

I checked the rules for this Theme Week again:

Forumwarz Blog Posted:

The same account cannot have multiple characters taking part in the same raid.

Also relevant:

Forumwarz Blog Posted:

Bugfix: When a raid group pwns 12 forums, raid group members have to beat forums not already owned by anyone in their raid group in order to get subsequent scoops.

Now I suspected a blatant rule breaking but it was a bit more subtle, because I discovered that only a handful of persons got vanilla scoops from the raid, while all the alts didn’t got any. I have never raided, so it took me a while to figure out what (probably) was going on:

A handful of persons started the raid, but vanilla scoops are awarded whenever a klanmember and not just those who joined the raid pwns the 12th forum. So the raiders took 11 forums, let an alt join the klan, the alt pwned Denture Chat and then left the klan (or was kicked out). The next alt joins, pwns and leaves the klan and this happened again and again. Must have been a helluva lot of clicking and alt switching.

While technically all these alts haven’t joined the raid they certainly took part in it and they all were members of the same big raid group, so they violated the idea of this Theme Week. At least every person got only scoops for one char, that’s an improvement, but this char still got vanillas for all the visits from all the other alts that participated. Log in to see images!

Arktor

[Smooth Town Rebels]

Level 10 Camwhore

Medal Ninja

As terrible as this is, it’s been going on for months. It’s safe to say that CZ knows about it.

Arktor edited this message on 07/30/2008 9:43AM

CHALKONEUPTO-
DALORD

Avatar: 49117 2011-10-31 03:55:43 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 10 Camwhore

You should listen to the groovy trip-hop in my sig

In before drama.

twas

Avatar: 40896 2011-11-01 00:47:59 -0400

[fine upstanding member of society]

Level 35 Troll

Wher Have My Poor Imaginary Wife and Child Gone

Arktor Posted:

it’s been going on for months.

Ronnie Blaze

[Board of Directors]

Level 36 Troll

Please Ignore me! Imagined popularity makes me constantly defend myself, even though no one cares.

Technically we didn’t break the rules for this week, the alts were not members of the raid and therefore we played by this weeks rules

DEAD fabulous person

Avatar: 21099 Wed Jul 08 18:09:49 -0400 2009

[Vacation Hideaway]

Level 35 Camwhore

AAA++++!!! WOULD BUY AGAIN!!!

I don’t see any rulebreaking going on? You say their trick goes against the spirit of the rules, but that’s a rather vague concept.

I do think the mechanics should be changed so the kicking and repwning trick doesn’t work anymore, but while it’s in place there’s nothing wrong with using it. Any other klan can do the same.

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

Easy solution: Change it so while a klan is raiding, no one can join or leave the klan.

xXx-Fallen_A-
ngel-xXx

Level 39 Camwhore

“Lingeriepist”

The Alt Shuffle has been a method people have been using for a while.

Honestly it’s not against the rules because each player can only have one alt join the raid (thus receiving vanilla scoops for the privilege). The remaining alts can temporarily join the klan in order to count towards the 12. The quickly leave the klan when they pwn a forum and then get invited back to repeat the cycle.

This method provides your primary alt with a ton of scoops but basically means that all your secondary alts don’t get to compete that week. Further it’s extremely labor intensive as you not only need to monitor the forums pwned to prevent interference but someone needs to spam invites to all of the alts.

Honestly the only way around this issue is to completely regear how vanilla scoops are awarded or make it where alts don’t count towards forums pwned at all. Obviously the second scenario utterly sucks for people with a ton of competitive alts.

Ronnie Blaze

[Board of Directors]

Level 36 Troll

Please Ignore me! Imagined popularity makes me constantly defend myself, even though no one cares.

MC Banhammer Posted:

Easy solution: Change it so while a klan is raiding, no one can join or leave the klan.

not really, can still push and pull with a non klaned alt

xXx-Fallen_A-
ngel-xXx

Level 39 Camwhore

“Lingeriepist”

MC Banhammer Posted:

So instead of doing the alt shuffle people will just leave unklanned alts out of the klan entirely and do a steady push-pull of denture.

These methods will just encourage people to step away from klan based raids and focus exclusively on solo vanilla.

Arktor

[Smooth Town Rebels]

Level 10 Camwhore

Medal Ninja

Ronnie Blaze Posted:

not really, can still push and pull with a non klaned alt

Half as many scoops, since you don’t get one from capture.

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

This has always been the case – since the earliest klan vanilla. It’s just that usually when a non-raider (one who has not actively clicked “join raid” ) pwns something it messes things up creating a situation where 13 forums are held. The solution to that has long been to temporarily boot the rogue player to prevent the problem. This is simply taking the same action, but using it in a more proactive manner, rather than as a defensive move.

For the record, BINGEBOT is aware of this as well as of klan “pushing”. If you check the list of “Other proposed changes which are open for discussion” section of BINGEBOT 2015’s note regarding Vanilla Adjustments one of the options is . . .

– If you are not part of a raid, you shouldn’t affect the raid 12 count of forums

This is something being considered, along with the things being tested this week. Chime in over there and let him know what you think.

Pickled male reproductive organ-
bum

[Board of Directors]

Level 10 Camwhore

AHAHA HEADSETS

and remember kicking alts out of the raiding process means only big clans can raid (for useful results.) no small clan raiding. combined with the removal of what we were calling “fast shuffle” where you don’t even have to declan the alts, it’d be very discouraging to clans that want to raid but can’t get together what it takes.

bum

[Board of Directors]

Level 10 Camwhore

AHAHA HEADSETS

I agree with SG94 that its getting pretty vague when you are arguing about the spirit of a theme week, but the theme week is “Incit scoop week.” the spirit of it is to get scoops from incit. all the other changes are trials for permanent change, not theme week changes.

Pickled Dickbutt edited this message on 07/30/2008 12:16PM

Arktor

[Smooth Town Rebels]

Level 10 Camwhore

Medal Ninja

Pickled male reproductive organbum Posted:

and remember kicking alts out of the raiding process means only big clans can raid (for useful results.) no small clan raiding. combined with the removal of what we were calling “fast shuffle” where you don’t even have to declan the alts, it’d be very discouraging to clans that want to raid but can’t get together what it takes.

To be fair, the presence of the “fast shuffle” means that big klans not relying on alts can’t raid as effectively (unless of course raid members are willing to sacrifice scoops)

bum

[Board of Directors]

Level 10 Camwhore

AHAHA HEADSETS

eh, what we’re doing in original post is a “slow shuffle.”

fast shuffle (or 12/12/12) is what was going on the week and a half prior to these changes.

also you are right, a big clan with alts could do even better, but with a slow shuffle it is incredibly time consuming, so they’d have to put in the long hours. I do, in fact mean “a big clan that isn’t using alts” A big clan with alts doing a slow shuffle certainly reads longer, though not less effectively on a scoop/hour basis.

this is off course what we meant when we said we get the same scoop counts, but it takes longer than when 12/12/12 was in effect.

Pickled Dickbutt edited this message on 07/30/2008 12:20PM

Arktor

[Smooth Town Rebels]

Level 10 Camwhore

Medal Ninja

the spirit of it is to get scoops from incit. all the other changes are trials for permanent change

Well, so is the Incit scoop change. But as you said the other changes aren’t “theme week” changes.

bum

[Board of Directors]

Level 10 Camwhore

AHAHA HEADSETS

Arktor Posted:

Well, so is the Incit scoop change. But as you said the other changes aren’t “theme week” changes.

yeah but the domination screen reads:

This week’s Domination theme is The INCIT Scoop! This means:

* You will get a chocolate scoop for every win in INCIT!

But neglectes the other changes, so its safe to bumume incit scoop change is in the spirit of the theme week. I didn’t realize I’d have to explain that.

Pickled Dickbutt edited this message on 07/30/2008 12:30PM

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

I took from the blog entry that they’re testing INCIT, but the other changes are (for now) permanent. Guess we’ll find out tonight.

Arktor

[Smooth Town Rebels]

Level 10 Camwhore

Medal Ninja

But neglectes the other changes, so its safe to bumume incit scoop change is in the spirit of the theme week. I didn’t realize I’d have to explain that.

Exactly, but Bingebot (I think) also said that they were thinking about implementing the incit change permanently. I think the main difference is that the other changes will still be around next week, the incit change probably won’t.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!