Good stuff, this new contest thing. I’ll use the chance and bring up the old E-Peen redesign idea I’ve had.
The contest goal is to determine the worst e-Peens designs according to community and redesign them into something new. Contest is led by Host, who picks an independent Judge Jury (possibly 3 players).
Contest consists of two parts:
- users determine the top-5 (could be top-10) worst e-Peens
- users submit new designs for the top-5 (along with any extra ones), winner is decided by judge jury
- Optional: users vote for the winning design(s) instead
Part 1 :: Getting the worst 5
- Host opens thread for submissions.
- Each applicant submits the names (possibly followed by e-Peen images for convenience) of e-Peen design he considers worst.
- Judges can submit items for top-5, but can’t participate in redesign process.
- The submission round should take no longer then a week.
- Upon the deadline, judges go through the submissions and sort out the designs, which got most mentions.
Part 2 :: Redesign
- Host opens another thread with contest description.
- The original 5 worst peen designs are listed in OP.
- It’s also worth consideration to include the “blank” e-Peen template (JPG) for users convenience.
- One submission per player (alts do not count).
- Judges can’t submit.
- Every player could submit up to 5 designs total (one per each worst 5) plus unlimited amount of bonus entries.
- Bonus entry includes redesign of any other Peen that didn’t make it to top-5
- Medal/Streak peens should probably be excluded from normal submissions (could be submitted as bonus).
- Submissions are processed through TMs/e-mails and aren’t disclosed.
- Submission must include the image of new e-Peen design – text descriptions/ideas are ineligible.
- Submission must be unique – changing colors or adjusting another peen design is forbidden.
Part 3 :: Winners and Prizes
- The judges vote for top-3 designers (could be public voting in case there are not too many subs)
- Winning criteria include funniness, exclusiveness of the idea and overall quality of design.
- The winner gets e-Peen (Iron Designer could be re-used here), top-3 gets BPs + their designs are of course implemented (just in case there are too many winner designs total, CZ gets to pick the ones to implement).
- Additionally winners get a mention on FWZ Credits page.
- The best bonus entry gets a special BP prize, but is not implemented.