Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Drakodan

Avatar: 57623 2010-05-29 20:03:09 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Surfing the Tubes

Chawin Posted:

no need to worry, the reason this’ll never happen is the same reason they don’t ban smoking: too much business, too much public outroar

The real reason smoking remains legal is the huge amount of taxation the governments receive from it, as well as the impracticality of enforcing a ban. Which, you know, doesn’t apply to the internet.

Over in England, I’m thinking that we may as well have coin-operated, government-approved internet connections now. First, a hint towards the approval on the filesharing ban, and now this? Can we at least keep the breach of civil liberties to real life?

Admittedely, I could live without filesharing, if it ever came to pbum. Sure, it would **** me off, but a lot of what I download is music, and I own physical copies of pretty much everything I download anyway, since I like to own it.

But stripping back Net Neutrality? Hell no. I don’t want to get into an e-queue.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!